• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokemon and Type Combinations Speculation

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Poison/fire also has the chance to be really fast too. Kind of like Scolipede, and could be exclusively for TSpikes/Spikes, something that the higher tiers can use, especially if it has a high BST.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
If it's that fast I'm unsure it'll fit into a higher tier...

Maybe a little slower, around the level of uhh, Terrakion? Seems like it'd fit fine into the higher tiers, and be good in-game then!

MeerFall

Strong, Competitive, Cool!
Years
This might be kind of werid or confusing but I hope a machine type.
Now don't jump to conclusions, I am aware of steel types but I mean machine.

As some of you might know, we often create machines that replace organs or body parts. Otherwise called a Bionic heart/arm/legs etc.

So no man said there cannot be such things a Bionic pokemon. Wheather its half robot or completely robotic, I would like see robot pokemon overrulling the city!

but thats probley never going to happen.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
That's a problem i see too. The idea is pretty cool, but if they resemble a steel type in too many aspects, i doubt they'll include something that already exists in some sort of way. That's the reason people say "Light" will never happen, since having electric and fire that covers pretty much the aspects a Light type could have...or at least that's what they say

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
A lot of the types getting suggested honestly just overlap with what we already have. Machine definitely overlaps with Steel, and I still think Light overlaps with Electricity/Fire a lot. I don't think we need new types still, especially ones that are extremely overlapping.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
A lot of the types getting suggested honestly just overlap with what we already have. Machine definitely overlaps with Steel, and I still think Light overlaps with Electricity/Fire a lot. I don't think we need new types still, especially ones that are extremely overlapping.

Types we already have overlap as well. Rock and Ground are essentially the same thing, yet Pokemon made it into two separate type elements with different weaknesses and strengths. Grass is almost always associated with Earth elements outside of Pokemon, so we have 3 parts to 1 element in a type.

Water and Ice are usually associated in one element as well. They like Ground and Rock have their own weaknesses and strengths that work fairly well.

Overlapping probably wouldn't be so much of an issue.

If a new type is made, I'd prefer another elemental type, like say wind. Flying type is associated but flying type itself is not wind. A lot of wind based attacks are not flying typed and the only two known Pokemon based off wind are Grass/Dark and Water typed.

dragonnathan025

Pokemon Breeder
Years
I know this isn't the spot for it, but the presence of Palpitoad and Golurk in front of a stone castle makes me believe that might be a Ground-type Gym, with the trainer being the leader.

Anyway, I want to see a Light-Type Pokemon, we are looong overdue for one, since the introduction of the Dark type, in fact.

Also, I would say that I personally would like a Dark-Psychic serpent Pokemon, sort of similar in appearance to Serpent Night Dragon from Yu-Gi-Oh.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I suppose moves like Air Slash and Air Cutter (along with Razor Wind?) would be considered wind attacks, so I can definitely see how it would fit into a type of it's own, but as a whole, since birds can perform wind attacks anyway, it would seemingly be redundant, sadly. u__u It would be so cool though, not gonna lie about that. xD;

Birds can perform more than just wind attacks and many non-birds can use the attacks as well.

Razor Wind, Ominous Wind, Icy Wind, Silver Wind, Heatwave (which is Hot wind in japan), Gust, Whirlwind, Hurricane, Air Slash (though this is more pressure based than wind Air cutter is the same)

These can be learned by a multitude of different typed Pokemon. You even get Pokemon like Trapinch that can learn moves like Gust. Suicune as I mentioned before is based off of the North Wind and is a Pure water type. Shiftry is based off of a wind demon god known as a tengu. He's Grass/Dark.

Wind itself was never restricted to just Birds/Flying types.

I don't really think any of these except for maybe the normal ones get retyped, and definately none of the Pokemon should get retyped. But Wind is in the game just as Sound is. Sound has the best chance of existance as its recognized thanks to the Sound Proof Ability. But my hopes would go towards Wind.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
But in that case, why not just re-name Flying-types to wind types instead of just creating a whole new type altogether? Unless thats what you were saying all along...

No...I said it pretty loud and clear. I'd like for them to add a Wind type to the games. Flying =/= Wind. Many Wind attacks are not flying and so far the only 2 Pokemon based off of Wind are not Flying types. Wind and Flying don't have to have the same weaknesses or resistances. Like Wind could be SE to Rock due to erosion. Same with Ground. They are two separate types that don't directly involve one another.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
No...I said it pretty loud and clear. I'd like for them to add a Wind type to the games. Flying =/= Wind. Many Wind attacks are not flying and so far the only 2 Pokemon based off of Wind are not Flying types. Wind and Flying don't have to have the same weaknesses or resistances. Like Wind could be SE to Rock due to erosion. Same with Ground. They are two separate types that don't directly involve one another.

It could happen, in fact I wouldn't be surprised at all if GF did this. When I first played pokemon, I was confused because rock and ground were two separate types, I thought they would be the same thing, but no. I was also confused when ghost and dark were two different types, so a wind type would totally make sense to me.

Perhaps the wind type would be not very effective against fire, because fire gets bigger when air is blown on it.

And besides, the move 'Tailwind' should be wind move.

MeerFall

Strong, Competitive, Cool!
Years
It seems like the majority of these Machine types would be part Steel though, wouldn't they? Especially if we're talking about Bionic parts, they could just be pure steel, if nothing else fits. :( I mean, it seems super cool, don't get me wrong, but what would they be weak to, and what would they be strong against? It's these kinds of things that are always on my mind when considering a new type!

I really didn't think of weaknesses. I probley think it would not have a weakness but not much of a strength either. It might make the battles exciting or maybe incrediable boring and long.

If it had any weakness, I that machine vs machine might be good or fire and water (as that is known as the most common machine weakness).

Although don't take it into depth, I just though it would be cool :)

Although if I had to choose a new type to be added, I would call it "Random".
Think about it, the pokemon equation (to work out how much damage is done) uses a random number. They have moves like metronome that uses a random move. It could be possible to use a Random type.

Although it just a idea.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
What would that be even weak to though? Nor is anything in the actual world, well, "random". I definitely don't see that happening. Maybe a Pokémon could be based on that concept and be a Normal type, but definitely not as a type all on its own.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
But yet you don't elaborate as to what weaknesses they have/don't have and what strengths they have/don't have. At the very core of things, flying and wind are essentially the same in the Pokemon World. Given that there's only a handful of "Wind" attacks so far (a good portion of them already having a type) what's the necessity for it? And how would it change competitive play? How would it benefit competitive play? If you're going to create a type, you'd best be prepared to answer the landslide of questions that come with it, because it is a pretty risky move that carries the consequence of throwing things off-balance. @_@;

And yes, you made it clear that Wind could potentially be SE to rock but...how can anything touch wind? You can't physically touch it, so how are you going to defeat it? If I'm correct, wind is also air, so in that sense, wind would be super effective against every Pokemon in existence bar Ghost types (and certain water types but Pokemon doesn't work like that), since they're already "dead" and I don't think they need to breathe, since Wind types can, to a more extreme, utilize asphyxiation attacks as well as utilize wind pressure and basically control their opponent's breathing and, if you want to get really technical, their entire bodily functions since, assuming that there's oxygen in the Pokemon world (borderlining on "duh" with this), and of course, both Pokemon and people breathe it, that gives wind the advantage already. You're breathing what could potentially kill you, and that applies both to real life and Pokemon.

There are just too many logical fallacies with Wind for it to be possible. And honestly, erosion sounds more like a status effect, because it's something that damages over time, same thing like what Poison does. But since it affects rocks only (and idk whether or not it affects steel types, but I assume so) it'd be fairly redundant.

I don't list any actual weaknesses/Strengths because it hasn't been made yet and others with a similar opinion may have a different idea of what it can be weak or strong against. In all of Pokemon's history WIND has never been associated with Flying type.

In the Pokemon World Rock and Ground would also be the same. Water and Ice would also be the same. They are all different elements.

As for touching. You cannot physically touch ghosts. You cannot physically touch fire. You cannot physically touch water. You cannot physically touch electricity. You cannot physically touch Psychic powers. You cannot physically touch darkness. You cannot physically touch the act of Fighting. You cannot physically touch Flying. Only if it has a solid form can you physically touch an object.

Ghosts are not real and in all stories their bodies are incorporeal. So you cannot touch. Water has less density than our bodies and we essentially slip through or absorb it but actually touching it is impossible as the molecular make up isn't something you can physically touch. We can feel it but not touch it. Fire isn't real. Its a light made illusion from extreme heat and gas. You cannot touch though you can still feel it. Electricity is a change or movement on a molecular scale. It can pass through our bodies but we cannot grasp or actually touch it. Psychic Powers are brought through force of mind. Thoughts and mind projections cannot be held or touched. Darkness is a lack of light. Its a shadow that is created when light is blocked. Cannot be touched as it doesn't have a physical form. Fighting is an action. While you can feel and touch the target of the action you cannot touch an action itself. Flying like fighting is an action.

You are also confusing Wind for Oxygen or being able to breath. That is incorrect you do not need oxygen for wind. You barely need air for wind. You just need a overlaying magnetic force to create a current and the force that flows along the current is the resulting wind. Space has wind in the form of Solar radiation currents.

There are too many logical facilities to completely destroy everything we know about Pokemon as is. Wind is more logically stable than most of the made up types we have in Pokemon. As for Erosion, Water is strong against Ground and Rock for that very reason. Otherwise Ground would either resist or be immune to water as Ground absorbs water to create nutrients. That aspect was given to Grass which is another spin off of the Ground Element as the Ground element represents all thing that are in the ground. Earth, rock, plant and metals.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
I don't see a reason for Wind type. Flying types use Wind in their attacks, More technically, Force of wind.Although flying and wind are not the same but they are deeply related.
It would be like demanding a different Grass type and a Leaf type.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Flying was never associated with Wind though and most of the wind based attacks are not flying typed. By reverse, there is no need for Rock or Steel types because both are originally from Ground type. Water and Ice don't both need to exist as Ice is a sub element of Water. You can easily change Ice attacks to water and keep the freeze chance. Same with Rock attacks to ground. Some steel would be split between Ground and other elements. Bullet Punch would become fighting. Flash Cannon would become Normal. Gyro Ball possibly normal.

More reason for Wind than Ice or Rock. At least its element isn't associated with its so called replacement.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
In my opinion there dosent need to be a Wind type. Just change the Flying type to represent Wind/Air as well as Flying, I dont see why it needs to be a seperate type for it. I dont really see why this isnt already the case tbh but it's Pokemon, it dosent always make sense.

Back