• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2009] Pokémon: Azure Horizons

Years
Wow, it's been a year since Azure Horizons Beta 1 was released. Now we wait patiently for Beta 2, with a lot of new things such as the 3rd gym, battling a Team Tundra Admin, going to Team Tundra's Warehouse, probably go to the 4th gym, visit more of Zephyr, etc. So let's uh,,, celebrate with ice cream and popsicles? Anyways, thank you Frostbite for making a great ROM Hack. This is my favorite ROM Hack, which is something you probably know already.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I just played AzureHorizons all the way through a few days ago on my DS, and I thought it was awesome. I liked how the author actually bothered to insert new music, since I'm tired of playing hacks with unchanged FireRed music. R/S/E music ftw! But the updates since the beta was released look even better...

lol at least I didn't have to wait a year like all you guys, since I just tried this hack.

EDIT: Also, a suggestion: When you meet the first Gym Leader in the museum, I had no idea what to do next. Perhaps something better to imply that I'm supposed to go back to the town before the cave?

Last edited:
Years
Rijon Adventures also has RSE music, in fact the Battle Frontier's theme plays in the route south of the town with the first gym. When I learn music hacking, I will also have RSE music in a Fire Red hack. Still this hack is amazing. Torchic was my first Pokemon when I first played Pokemon. I like how you can start with Hoenn Pokemon too and I just mentioned the reason why. I like how the evil team,Team Tundra, is based on Ice types with the addition of other Pokemon such as Poochyena, Zubat, and Hotthoot.

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
Update: Just finished scripting all of the events in Amethyst City and the sewer events with Team Tundra. All that's left is mapping and a tiny bit of scripting leading up to the 4th Gym and Beta 2 will be released.

Here's a screenshot of Amethyst's Gym. I'm very happy on how the layout came to turn out.

Spoiler:

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
Years
Update: Just finished scripting all of the events in Amethyst City and the sewer events with Team Tundra. All that's left is mapping and a tiny bit of scripting leading up to the 4th Gym and Beta 2 will be released.

Here's a screenshot of Amethyst's Gym. I'm very happy on how the layout came to turn out.

Spoiler:

Are you kidding me they so Sexy ,my mouth drop to the center of the earth. Nice tile frostbite love how it look. I bet you it a poisen type gym?
Well good luck and can wait for beta 2.

Years
I'm guessing a Ghost type gym. The walls with curtains remind me of the Battle Pike from Pokemon Emerald. All that's left is to map and script events up to the fourth gym? Interesting and I'm guessing Hazel Town is where the fourth gym is and the Gym Leader there probably uses Flying types. By the way I think the gym uses ghost types because you can see gray statues with what looks like scythes.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023

Spoiler:
That. Looks. Sexy.

Wow, this is awesome, I'm glad I just discovered this hack, because I didn't have to wait a year for Beta 2, unlike all of you :P XDDDDDD!!!!!

MiniM00se

Toad in a stroller
Years
I downloaded it, and it's pretty good so far!

Although, I think I found a minor tile error in the Emerald Straight: (It's probably not an error, and I look really dumb right now. Or it's already been pointed out. Just because of my luck.)
9b86c20c.png

There's the same thing on the opposite side of the shore, but I don't wanna take a screenshot.

I like the screenshots!

But, if I may ask, why would you decapitalize things?
What about my question? D:

EDIT: Nevermind about the question. I understand now that you change TREECKO to Treecko and stuff. (I thought you changed TREECKO to treecko lol)

Last edited:

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
im lost. does the beta end after you return the journal? cuz i cant go throught the gatehouse. answer plz

Years
The beta does end after you give Leon the Journal. You''ll have to wait for Beta 2, but all Frostbite has left to do is mapping and scripting up to the 4th gym. As for dragoniteuser, those are Emerald tiles. Compare them to the Battle Pike's curtains. I find it interesting and I like how he used the Battle Pike curtains. The reason is because the Battle Pike seems creepy somewhat and Ghost Pokemon like Shedinja and Haunter are creepy. 0.o

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
if the beta does end over there then why was this game voted for the best of the year if its only loke 20 min long? it seemed like it was kinda boring

DuoRyan

Years
if the beta does end over there then why was this game voted for the best of the year if its only loke 20 min long? it seemed like it was kinda boring

he wanted to release a beta soon because people couldn't
wait.
Also it doesn't matter if the game length is short I mean it has 2 gym which is a good amount and it have event.

Years
I didn't know those statues were Sevipers until I saw the video.This is the first Poison type gym I know that actually uses Poison types besides Fuchsia City Pokemon Gym when Janine is Gym Leader. Makes more sense since there probably aren't a lot of Ghost types. Also is Galena City's Gym accessible in Beta 2 or is it in a later Beta? I am also guessing the big tower in the second screenshot is a Lighthouse.

DuoRyan

Years
how do u play the hacked game i cant open it

First get a clean pokemon firered rom
just google it.
Then get download the file that contain pokemon azure horizon
and before that go get lunar ips and patch on the Pokemon firered rom
and there you go Pokemon Azure Horizon.

Back