• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Hey everyone, sorries about the Adrian battle. I'll be fixing that Right Now and upload an updated rom within the next hour. Thanks for your patience.
EDIT: I'll be fixing the Throh/Sawk problem as well. After that, there should be no game-stopping errors. I'll inform everyone when it's uploaded. Working on it now.

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2012
Hello guys,
I'm new to this forum and I stumbled into this really cool looking hack. What got me thinking though (and it's probably noted somewhere) is that it's based of fire red (3rd Gen). Does this mean there's no physical/special split in the attacks, but is dependent on typing? Sorry to bother with this question, but can't find any info on that atm.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
ATTENTION EVERYONE! UPDATE!

I JUST uploaded the updated rom which fixes the Adrian battle And allows you to get both Throh and Sawk. I've tested all 3 errors myself and they Now work perfectly. Also, according to Mia-Mia San, the Adrian event was the Last & Only game-stopping error remaining in the hack. Therefore, download the now updated rom and enjoy it til the end!

Hello guys,
I'm new to this forum and I stumbled into this really cool looking hack. What got me thinking though (and it's probably noted somewhere) is that it's based of fire red (3rd Gen). Does this mean there's no physical/special split in the attacks, but is dependent on typing? Sorry to bother with this question, but can't find any info on that atm.

Sorry, but the physical/special split is not in this hack. However, all of the Pokemon who gain advantages from it that are in the hack will learn moves that benefit their specific attack type. For example, a good move set for Conkeldurr in the hack would be Stone Edge, Earthquake, Bulk Up, Superpower/Mach Punch. Although the elemental punches don't help him at all in this hack, he can still learn them and the move set I just mentioned more than makes up for the lost of the elemental punches. So just try to work around it and try different moves. Build balance attack type teams.

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2012
Okay cool! I bet the rest of this game more than makes up for the absence of the spec/phys split. I just started and it's cool! :)

PokemonGiratinaX

2015 Edition.
Years
Hello, DRG. I found a game-stopping error at Mystic Falls. When Sydney battle you, a black-out will happen. I played until the end and it was awesome. Can't wait for Dark Rising 2.

Last edited:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Important:

I hope everyone who's playing the updated version I just uploaded an hour ago is enjoying it. But according to Mia-san, the knights were replaced by the original elite 4 somehow. I just fixed that problem so if you guys reach the knights and they're the elite 4 instead when you battle them, just download the rom again that I'm uploading now. Other than that, everyone's working right. Have fun.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Which 16 legendaries are include?
I forgot!

Victini, Landorus, Shaymin, Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Tornadus, Thundurus, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Zekrom, Mew, Celebii, Jirachi, Deoxys.

All 17 of'em can be caught. There's more in the hack, but they either belong to someone else or you cannot catch them.

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019
hey, it wasn't written that this new beta would have pokemon with their original cries, because i picked gible and it still haves the cry it had in the previous beta....and i think it goes for every 4th and 5th gen pokemon....i will be grateful if you can fix this....

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
hey, it wasn't written that this new beta would have pokemon with their original cries, because i picked gible and it still haves the cry it had in the previous beta....and i think it goes for every 4th and 5th gen pokemon....i will be grateful if you can fix this....

Sorry, anything with music or cries will have to wait until after the holidays when I get back into impoving this hack and working on part 2. I'm taking a much needed break for awhile. I'll still be here to fix any errors you guys come across, but any major improvements is on hold til I'm ready to get back into it.

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019
oh, too bad...anyways that update is coming soon right?, anyways for christmas i'll be getting a ps3 and dragon ball raging blast 2, so...i'll make time with my (soon) christmas present hehe : D

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Whoever defeated Nora should pat themselves on the back. Idk why, but I had a hard time defeating her. For anyone who got pass her, let me know if it was difficult or not and share your thoughts on the recent battles you've experience thus far in the new places. Thanks.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
So were you able to fix Larvesta so it wouldn't ignore you?

Totally forgot about that one lol. I'll get to it later.

Hi, DRG. Can I know where to find Shaymin and Kyogre? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Trident Waters, go through the water maze to reach Poseidon's Cave. Then, complete the cave puzzle, battle someone important, then you'll reach Kyogre.
Reach the deepest part of the Training Grounds and speak to a certain someone for Shaymin

Last edited:
Years
Um, I downloaded the one which was released for the first time, which means the bug still exists, so could someone tell me what to do, do I have to download the latest patch and start all over again, please someone help me. Sorry for basic question.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Um, I downloaded the one which was released for the first time, which means the bug still exists, so could someone tell me what to do, do I have to download the latest patch and start all over again, please someone help me. Sorry for basic question.

No, just download the new ips on the main post, re-patch it to a new fire red, and click "Load" on your emulator and find the save file you had for the first one and re-load it. However, if you saved where you're stuck at and you can't move or re-enter a door, you're stuck.

Back