• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
in FR/LG which the pokemon information is currently taken from mew doesn't learn reflect via level up. Nor did it apparently in Yellow, it only had pound below level 10, it only learned reflect via TM. You can see here - http://www.serebii.net/attackdex/reflect.shtml

Unless its something i've done in the new version i'm still testing i've got mine learning new moves

I tested against a level 5 blastoise with a level 6 caterpie and level 9 pikachu. Defeated it, both gained exp and a level. pikachu learned thunderwave, caterpie evolved and learnt harden

WandererTJ

Mechanical Engineer
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2012
OMG, the entrance to Saffron from Cerulean City needs to be fixed. I ended up getting stuck with no way out of Saffron, I'd either get stuck in a wall in one of the transition buildings, or they wouldn't let me through since I didn't have a tasty beverage for them. I tried to explain to them that I was heading to Celadon City to grab them something, but they just did not care. Thank God I had caught an Abra and didn't decide to heal in Saffron. I would be stuck without Teleport...and I didn't even get a Hitmonchan or Hitmonlee since I couldn't go into the Dojo :-(

I still can't evolve in my version, and I use to be able to learn moves, perhaps it is just this version, no worries, except for Saffron, that was very annoying haha.

Bulbapedia has "Reflect Type" as a move that Mew starts with in Generation 5, not sure why it is "Reflect Type" and not just "Reflect" though.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
reflect and reflect type are two different things

Reflect type:
Makes opponent's type match user

Reflect
Halves ATTACK damage inflicted on user.

I would think the issues are to do with the earlier version your running it seems.

That warp is also now fixed

After some testing i've concluded that the issue is with 0.17 and that 0.18 has solved it. 0.18 will be out soon

Last edited:

WandererTJ

Mechanical Engineer
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2012
Well here's hoping the update will let me visit Bill so I get hop on the SS Anne, receive cut, beat Lt. Surge, and then finally obtain Squirtle haha.

Let us know how soon is soon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
it should be tonight or tomorrow depending on how busy i am. i have revision tonight and exams tomorrow so i'll see.
i have a couple of things to sort out first anyway, some of the animation sprites have a white background

WandererTJ

Mechanical Engineer
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2012
Well, I mentioned before that Mew didn't look like Onyx when it transformed, but, I did have my settings set to Battle Scene: Off. That may affect what was happening, but I will need to test it again with it on to determine if that changes things.

With it still set to OFF, by the end of last night I found that Mew's transform does not give you the appearance of any pokemon I tried it on just like it didn't work with Onyx. Also, Diglett does not vanish underground while performing Dig.

Another thing that I found, was in the underground tunnel that goes from Cerulean to Vermillion, that the right wall is not defined, and that you can go off into the black area about 5 steps or so.

Attempting to get to the Route from Vermillion to access Snorlax results in me getting stuck in the trees. I can escape back into the building though. I feel as though this was planned since you didn't have the routes finished previously.

In the Cerulean Gym, if you go down on the right side of the Carpet/Door Exit, you go into a black space whether you can basically walk around the doorway (ie. You can walk UP into the Carpet area to exit the Gym)...I hope that makes sense.

Geodude's shadow is very screwy, it often appears above Geodude's head.

In the options menu, what does the Speech Frame setting do?

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
The pokemon/shadow posistions are all updated yet, i'm still going through them.

Speach frame should change the frame that the message box uses

If you mean route 12, then that wasn't finished. I'll double check that in the latest version though.

Thanks for letting me know about being able to go through some of the tiles

WandererTJ

Mechanical Engineer
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2012
Pokedex Sort and more Questions/Errors

Hey, in many of the games, users could change the order of the sort in the Pokedex, and while you can search in your version, I thought that if you were planning on adding that feature later, that it would be cool to have the original Pokedex reordered with the newly discovered evolutions of the originals. This Pokedex (see the Spoiler) goes to #185(duh), but if you included the various MissingNo types, it would end at 190. I took the types of the Pokemon out of the list as I thought it made it difficult to read through quickly.
I was bored one day, and reordered things a bit besides just putting the new evolutions in because I felt like it just didn't flow right.
Spoiler:

Take it for what you will, I think it would be a nice add in to switch between a list like this, the Kdex, and maybe even Alphabetical.

If you don't mind, I might also try and work up a ReadMe file that could be included in future versions of the game. I'll post it later to get your opinion.

On another topic, is there any chance that you are planning to add Search: All to the GTS? Because I think it would be pretty helpful, especially to the limited.
Furthermore, I tried to snag the Shiny Female Pikachu shown as available on the website last night, that specific Pokemon would crash my game when the results of the search were about to come up.

At the PokeCenter, the balls still seem a little too clustered with one another, and while Pikachu's ball is located on the tray, Pikachu still remains behind you. This doesn't bother me very much, but I know that someone else will mention it if I don't.
Pikachu is still following you when you ride your bike, this is whatever.

I find that Box operations take a long time and tend to lag, same with the Pokedex.

Is Prof. Oak's Aid suppose to give you anything at 20+ Pokemon? I've already obtained HM05 Flash for having 10+.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
If you don't mind, I might also try and work up a ReadMe file that could be included in future versions of the game. I'll post it later to get your opinion.
That's fine. One was going to be made eventually

Furthermore, I tried to snag the Shiny Female Pikachu shown as available on the website last night, that specific Pokemon would crash my game when the results of the search were about to come up.
What was the error?

At the PokeCenter, the balls still seem a little too clustered with one another, and while Pikachu's ball is located on the tray, Pikachu still remains behind you. This doesn't bother me very much, but I know that someone else will mention it if I don't.
Pikachu is still following you when you ride your bike, this is whatever.
I know about the pokecenter, the ball positions are still set for fr/lg not hg/ss. The graphics for them just need redoing
As for pikachu not disappearing, I've not worked out how to hide the dependant event without removing it completely, which i don't want to do.

Is Prof. Oak's Aid suppose to give you anything at 20+ Pokemon? I've already obtained HM05 Flash for having 10+.
Not at 20, he gives at 30

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
As for pikachu not disappearing, I've not worked out how to hide the dependant event without removing it completely, which i don't want to do.

Just thought I'd throw an idea your way... Why don't you go to PIKACHU's common event, and use a conditional branch that says if you're riding a bicycle, PIKACHU's graphic is 100% transparent, else, 100% opaque, you can also use this to make PIKACHU disappear in a PokéCenter and anywhere else, it works.

WandererTJ

Mechanical Engineer
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2012
What was the error?
Sorry, I'm still hoping that you could address the following:
What was your opinion on the Search All being added to the GTS? Or was it already planned?
Do you have anything planned to fix the speed issues of accessing the the Box in the PC or the Pokedex?
And did you have any opinions on the Pokedex?

Also, I'm still getting the error, it's listed below:

Script 'Interpreter * Edited' line 276: RuntimeError occurred.
Script error within event 9, map 29 (Pokemon Center):
Exception: ArgumentError
Message: Section146:375:in `<'comparison of Fixnum with nil failed
***Full script:
pbGTSTrade()
Interpreter * Edited:241:in `pbExecuteScript'
** GTS Trade **:375:in `pbGTSTrade'
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter * Edited:1585:in `eval'
Interpreter * Edited:1585:in `command_355'
Interpreter * Edited:494:in `execute_command'
Interpreter * Edited:193:in `update'
Interpreter * Edited:106:in `loop'
Interpreter * Edited:198:in `update'

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
What was your opinion on the Search All being added to the GTS? Or was it already planned?
Do you mean searching all pokemon, or all pokemon for a single species?

Do you have anything planned to fix the speed issues of accessing the the Box in the PC or the Pokedex?
yes, but i need to find out why its slow first

And did you have any opinions on the Pokedex?
At the moment i don't. i wanted to try and keep the original 151 with their original numbers, like in yellow. Don't know whether to include a national dex or not, haven't decided if i'm going to make the other pokemon available after you complete the game

Message: Section146:375:in `<'comparison of Fixnum with nil failed
***Full script:
pbGTSTrade()
** GTS Trade **:375:in `pbGTSTrade'
Interpreter * Edited:106:in `loop'
Interpreter * Edited:198:in `update'
I've uploaded the old version of the gts script by mistake. i need to find the new version or remake it before i can fix that

WandererTJ

Mechanical Engineer
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2012
Do you mean searching all pokemon, or all pokemon for a single species?
Haha, well I meant the first option, but both would be awesome.

yes, but i need to find out why its slow first
Why not try to remove the animations involved in opening and closing the specific menus for the time-being to see if it helps things at all? I know someone else could probably come up with a better solution than this, but I can't really think of anything.

At the moment i don't. i wanted to try and keep the original 151 with their original numbers, like in yellow. Don't know whether to include a national dex or not, haven't decided if i'm going to make the other pokemon available after you complete the game
Part of what I was saying, was that you could make it possible to change the sort type/style; by default it would be KDex style with all the pokemon having their orginal numbers and the Johto Pokemon numbers would be their specific numbers that they had past 151, but you could also select between KDex sorting and Alphabetical A-Z, Z-A, Pokemon Caught/Not Caught, and the custom order that I came up with which is more family-based.
And to be honest with you, I would be completely fine if you decided to leave it at the 185 Pokemon that you currently have it set to be (Togepi included)

Anyways, at this point I'm just waiting on the next update to come out to see what has been fixed or what still needs to be fixed.

Is it possible to breed Pokemon in the game at all at this stage of the development? I know you have the Day-Care house set up and that you are planning on including breeding in the game, but I haven't messed around to see if the Day-Care house will let you deposit 2 Pokemon for breeding.

Good luck with all the exams you have going on, sorry if you are reading this after you have taken them.

EDIT: When using the bike, especially with it set to F5, when pressing F5 a message box opens up saying "True" which is kind've annoying and needs to not happen.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Haha, well I meant the first option, but both would be awesome.

I'll see. It was set to 5 before due to space on the screen, but with the bigger screen i should be able to do more options. If it happens then i'd certainly do view all pokemon of a species

Why not try to remove the animations involved in opening and closing the specific menus for the time-being to see if it helps things at all? I know someone else could probably come up with a better solution than this, but I can't really think of anything.

I'll have a look

Part of what I was saying, was that you could make it possible to change the sort type/style; by default it would be KDex style with all the pokemon having their orginal numbers and the Johto Pokemon numbers would be their specific numbers that they had past 151, but you could also select between KDex sorting and Alphabetical A-Z, Z-A, Pokemon Caught/Not Caught, and the custom order that I came up with which is more family-based.
And to be honest with you, I would be completely fine if you decided to leave it at the 185 Pokemon that you currently have it set to be (Togepi included)

Anyways, at this point I'm just waiting on the next update to come out to see what has been fixed or what still needs to be fixed.

I think for the time being it'll stay as it is. For the amount of extra pokemon i don't think re-aranging it would do much good. I'll look at alphabetical sorting though

Is it possible to breed Pokemon in the game at all at this stage of the development? I know you have the Day-Care house set up and that you are planning on including breeding in the game, but I haven't messed around to see if the Day-Care house will let you deposit 2 Pokemon for breeding.

Breeding works

Good luck with all the exams you have going on, sorry if you are reading this after you have taken them.

Thanks, my last one was today, so i've got some free time for a while

EDIT: When using the bike, especially with it set to F5, when pressing F5 a message box opens up saying "True" which is kind've annoying and needs to not happen.
I keep meaning to fix this, thanks for reminding me

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Small update
GTS should be fixed
Power Plant done
Power Plant

zapdos.png
zapdos-battle.png

WandererTJ

Mechanical Engineer
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2012
Well derp...

Well...as much as I'd like that shiny female Pikachu that is available to go with my male one, things still aren't quite working out with the GTS sadly. I'll try a trade that doesn't involve that particular Pikachu to see if things work out better.
When talking to the GTS brother on the right and selecting Pikachu > Lvl 1-10 > Female > and selecting the single Pikachu that is available, I then select my caterpie, thank god v0.17 wouldn't let me evolve it haha, but when I select Caterpie and my pokemon menu goes away like the GTS should be processing, the following window pops up:
attachment.php

It doesn't crash the game, but my Caterpie vanished and I didn't receive a Pikachu in return. Thankfully, I had a backup of my save file.

I can't wait to see v0.18 and I hope to see all the many fixes to issues we've discussed.
Also, yay I can finally post pictures in my responses.

EDIT: When going through the Museum, I thought it was possible to click/select different items in the room that would bring up a picture of the fossil/skeleton, and it doesn't look like it is possible, it would be a pretty nice add to the museum and all of the locations where it was possible.

EDIT2: When attempting to trade for something else besides that issue, it would seem that anyone trying to claim a Pokemon on the GTS will receive that glitch and not obtain a Pokemon (losing one instead) while the Pokemon that was attempted to be claimed will remain on the GTS until the player that put it there takes it down (and does not receive the other Pokemon that they were looking for).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
i could have sworn i only changed the way stuff was displayed, but obviously not. have a go now

WandererTJ

Mechanical Engineer
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2012
Crap, I keep looking forward to breeding Pikachu's to get one with Volt Tackle... Anyways I killed the game again. I actually have an error to report this time though, I could not tell you if it is the typical one that I've been getting in the past.

Message: Section066:569:in `__mf_initialize'The species number (no. 0 of 654) is invalid.
***Full script:
pbGTSTrade()
PokemonMultipleForms:38:in `initialize'
** GTS Trade **:487:in `new'
** GTS Trade **:487:in `pbGTSTrade'

I tried it for the Pikachu and I also tried it between two profiles for a Metapod for a Bulbasaur, and it resulted in the very same error the Pikachu did, but on a different map. No Pokemon were deleted this time though.

Where are you at in terms of v0.18?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Try the gts now. I've just successfully gotten the pikachu and uploaded caterpie. I've re-added the pikachu

As for 0.18, i'm having a play though to make sure everything's working. Shouldn't take too long

WandererTJ

Mechanical Engineer
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2012
I'm back to getting the message that I included the image of in a previous post where it was deleting the Caterpie without giving me Pikachu. I really don't know what to tell you, it's a shame I can't get it to work, and I have no idea why I'm perpetually getting errors.
When you got it to work, were you using v0.18? If so, I think I'll just wait for it to come out before testing again.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7162992&postcount=496

I'm running Windows XP Professional SP3 and I'm on my school's wifi, which doesn't restrict anything that I know of, but I don't think that either of those should cause any issues.

Back