• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
Years
Why does everyone call it "Engine Hacking"? It's not hacking the engine at all.

It's just repointing every single piece of Pokemon data into free space so that you can add more onto the end of it. Simple, but it takes a whole lot of work because you need to repoint EVERYTHING.

In theory. However, in practice, it's not just a case of repointing. The game only loads the amount of data required. Tag more onto the end? Doesn't load it.

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2010
I've asked around a bit and gotten no sure answer, so I'm hoping it's okay that I ask this here.

This question pertains to a Ruby version hack.

Is it possible to create Pokedex entries for the 25 extra Pokemon slots? If so, how might I go about that?

While I'm at it, is there is a flag or command I can add to a script that would activate the National dex?

I appreciate in advance any help I could get!

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I've asked around a bit and gotten no sure answer, so I'm hoping it's okay that I ask this here.

This question pertains to a Ruby version hack.

Is it possible to create Pokedex entries for the 25 extra Pokemon slots? If so, how might I go about that?

While I'm at it, is there is a flag or command I can add to a script that would activate the National dex?

I appreciate in advance any help I could get!

The National Pokedex for pokemon Ruby Version can only be activated 2 ways...

Trading with FR version, OR, using a Gameshark / Action Replay code.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
if i do that. i'll have to redo everything i've already edited right? or is there a way i can just replace that one?

Find the Brock Script in the clean Firered ROM, copy it into the edited one. I think that will work.

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2010
The National Pokedex for pokemon Ruby Version can only be activated 2 ways...

Trading with FR version, OR, using a Gameshark / Action Replay code.
Ouch, that's a bummer. Is there a way to at least expand the Hoenn Dex to fit all the Pokemon? Though I suppose that would require the same method as adding 25 slots, which I'm still not sure if you can do.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Ouch, that's a bummer. Is there a way to at least expand the Hoenn Dex to fit all the Pokemon? Though I suppose that would require the same method as adding 25 slots, which I'm still not sure if you can do.

Well, actually, I just learned of a way myself...
Check HackMew's profile, it is in his VM's... first page.

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2010
Well, actually, I just learned of a way myself...
Check HackMew's profile, it is in his VM's... first page.
Are you referring to this?
@ Gamer2020 Pretty easy, indeed.

#org @start
writebytetooffset 0x2 0x2026B00
writebytetooffset 0x3 0x2026B01
writebytetooffset 0xDA 0x2024EBE
writebytetooffset 0x67 0x2026A5A
end
I can't seem to get it to work.

Years
I can't seem to figure out how to insert script into my hack. I already checked out the tutorials, and I can't seem to find out how to do it. Since the conventional method didn't work, I figured out a way that creates a .buf file, but when I try to open my rom to load them into it, bufrite freezes. Does anyone know how to fix this?

On another topic, I was wondering if anyone could supply me with a revised .ini folder that is made so that the programs will be usable with a fire red rom?

Edit: For those of you who are wondering how I made the .buf file, here's how I did it:
1. Put the script into pokescript
2. Click encode
3. Select my fire red rom
That's how it creates a .buf file.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2010
I can't seem to figure out how to insert script into my hack. I already checked out the tutorials, and I can't seem to find out how to do it. Since the conventional method didn't work, I figured out a way that creates a .buf file, but when I try to open my rom to load them into it, bufrite freezes. Does anyone know how to fix this?

On another topic, I was wondering if anyone could supply me with a revised .ini folder that is made so that the programs will be usable with a fire red rom?

Edit: For those of you who are wondering how I made the .buf file, here's how I did it:
1. Put the script into pokescript
2. Click encode
3. Select my fire red rom
That's how it creates a .buf file.
Try this:
-Write your script with Notepad and save it as a .rbc file.
-Right-Click the file and click the option that says "Compile Script". This opens Pokescript and Buf Rite to begin inserting your script.
-In the Buf Rite window, select all the script names and then go to File> Destination. Select your ROM and click OK.
-Now click the notebook icon, which should bring up the search window.
-Click the flashlight icon in this window and it will bring up addresses to which you can write your script. Pick the top one and press the reserve button. This closes the search window and applies addresses to each script.
-Now go to File> Burn. Things should click and whirr for a second, and then you will see the log.
-Click back to the Offsets tab and take note of the address next to the top scriptname; this is the address you'll need to use for the NPC/Map you're applying the script to.

Years
What I meant by "the conventional method" is right-clicking and selecting compile script. I can't figure out how to get that option working.

Edit: I already tried the tutorials, and it didn't work, so don't suggest that.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2010
What I meant by "the conventional method" is right-clicking and selecting compile script. I can't figure out how to get that option working.

Edit: I already tried the tutorials, and it didn't work, so don't suggest that.
You have to make sure that your file is a .rbc, otherwise it won't work as per normal. Be sure to set the "Save as Type" setting to "All Files", then label your script file with .rbc at the end.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
hey I have some questions:
1.is that possible to take a missingo annd replace it with a dp pokemon and the pokemon will fight like a normal pokemom?
2.in advance map what is the meaning of tree pokemons?
3.is that possible to take a map from emerald and put her on firered?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
hey I have some questions:
1.is that possible to take a missingo annd replace it with a dp pokemon and the pokemon will fight like a normal pokemom?
2.in advance map what is the meaning of tree pokemons?
3.is that possible to take a map from emerald and put her on firered?

1. Yes, although to get the sprite in, you'll need to figure out how to uncompress them from their strange Red/Blue compression. Ask Coolboyman how to fix their glitchiness.
2. Stuff you find in Rock Smash Rocks.
3. Yes, but some tiles will be missing, and probably make the map look retarded, unless you're using Emerald tiles. I'd just create it from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back