• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Glass (restart)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 2, 2017
I'm sorry for not posting anything up of my progress or anything. I feel bad about it. Today's the first day this week I can really focus on Glass so I feel even worse. At least I've made progress on the super long event. I'm almost 2/3 done with the event and it's kicking me in the rear because of how incredibly long it is. But it's there to progress the story.

What's really bad was that I thought it was wednesday until I started thinking. Monday, Roomie who has a sleeping disorder needed the compy (good thing he's getting his own compy next month). Tuesday, I had an appointment at the College and in the confusion of that day, I lost my pokewalker. :( Yesterday, I spent the whole day recovering and I didn't know if I was going to have enough time to even focus on Glass. So that leaves today when all this event work is starting to take its toll on me. @_@ I'd map but the problem is, I don't want to get carried away. But it'd be nice to have a break from this super-huge game-altering abomination of an event.

*Siiigh*

Just decided to keep you guys updated. I'll go back to my scheduled eventing.

~Until Later

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 2, 2017
Well, that annoying script is done. What makes it even more annoying is that since I've started letting my Roommate borrow my laptop half each day, the keyboard's starting to get touchy. :( But yeah, I intend to map out the route from the first town to the first cave and the three floors of the cave. Then populate it with trainers and pokemon and call it good :D Though I have no clue how much I'm gonna get done today cause I have normal 10th day of the month errands which involves the City Bus and buying groceries and then getting said groceries back to the apartment. [sarcasm]It's so much fun.[/sarcasm]

But yeah, I just hope that this event is the biggest one in the game (doubt it). However, the choices the player makes changes what the player can get as far as pokemon, items, and quests. As well as it changes a lot of the plot. But that doesn't mean that the plot will still focus on badges. There will be the standard 8 badges, however, the plot only focuses on the first three. Beyond that, the plot will weave in the remaining five badges into it rather than shifting between gaining badges just to further the plot like the current official games that are out.

Also, I'm thinking of doing a poll because I don't know whether to do a preview demo up to the first gym or to do a normal demo up to the third gym. What do you guys think?

~Until Later!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 2, 2017
Just kill me...

Well, I decided to update Essentials and I thought I was being careful. Apparently, I wasn't careful enough and it deleted *EVERY* map I've made. That means Glass is officially back at Square One. And that means that the annoying event that I finished yesterday has to be re-done.

On the bright side, I have found a composer one another RPG maker forum I go to who has volunteered to do some music for the game.

However, since I updated the compy this morning (before this mess), I might be able to roll everything back to the way it was. Hurray for System Restore. I'll let you know if it works.

Edit: It didn't work at all. :(

Looks like I have to start from the beginning.

Last edited:

Lil naps

Pirate
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2011
Hey i need mapping experience (I wish to make a sole game) i was wondering if could help out a little?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 2, 2017
I figure I should update you guys. Since I'm stuck redoing Glass, I've decided to take a different approach, especially to the regional map. Seeing as the official games have maps based on real-world areas, I decided to take an area of the world that I'm familiar with and turn it into the region of Aiiden. But as to where that is will be a mystery since no one knows where that is. :D

I will update the first post when I have screens to put up. For the time being, progress is slow.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 2, 2017
Here's an update for you guys:

I will be finishing up the last 4 overworld maps tomorrow (all they need is detail work and prettifying) and then I'll be doing all the interior maps. I hope to get the interior maps finished sometime next week. Then, I'll be adding the events and other goodies. I hope that by this time next month, I'll have a small but playable demo out. Of course, that's not a promise.

But that's not the biggest bit of news!

Tomorrow, once I have all the overworld maps completed, I am going to run through each of the areas and give you all snapshots. I may even show you a bit of the map of the new region. :)

The town map is completely done but my issue is that the town map generator hates my map for some reason because it's too wide and because it seems to not like the HG/SS style. :(

I also hope that the forest won't be too hard for you. If my beta tester rants at me for hours on end because of it, then I know you guys may not like it.

~Until Later!

UPDATE!! (9/10/10)
I've finished up a map and then linked the ones ready to be showcased and ran through them. For most of the tiles, I need to set movement permissions and all that fun stuff. Feel free to comment on them. I've still got the four maps beyond that gatehouse to finish. And today's errand day too. So I may or may not get to working on the interior maps until next week.

Personally, I love the grass tiles I found and various other tiles. :) Though, I can't keep adding stuff to the overly large tileset, so I may wind up starting to make independant tilesets for each area. But then it may make me re-do the maps that I've been working on. :(

Last edited:

pokemonseablueversion

Pokemon Addict
Years
i totally love the game! for a comment, i think that the side- stair ledge is not fitting in.... you need to put a 2-leveled ledge to go with the stairs. i think it's too tall.... anyway, when will you release a demo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back