• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

gokuno

i am GOKUNO, son of...
Years
Ever heard of reading? ;)
If you had read this thread you would've known that Wes is working on final version of LP :)

how long in your opinion will it take untill we see the completed version, as you seem like an expert on these things?

and when the new beta comes out will we have to start the game again?

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
how long in your opinion will it take untill we see the completed version, as you seem like an expert on these things?

and when the new beta comes out will we have to start the game again?

I don't know. And I repeat: Wesley is not Nintendo.
He does not make release dates.

And yes, you have to restart again, because there
will be new sprites, OWs and most importantly, scripts.

06suhmah

DesTROYeR7861
Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2015
ok ive got the white problem fixed by using a new ruby rom to patch the ips on but when i play, i create my name and start, as soon as u see the house the rom restarts and new game, keeps happing, not sure why,

Can any1 help me :D
Thanx

gokuno

i am GOKUNO, son of...
Years
There's NO reason to start again.
Wesley won't be adding anything to old scripts so you can use your old save states if they are in one of Darkdusk City's buildings.

i hope your right, is there n e way you can confirm this?

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2010
How are the translations going. I tried to play the game but I soon realized that it was converting into another language. I had to stop and couldn't enjoy the game because of this. Not complaining, just asking.

gokuno

i am GOKUNO, son of...
Years
Originally Posted by Ash493
There's NO reason to start again.
Wesley won't be adding anything to old scripts so you can use your old save states if they are in one of Darkdusk City's buildings.

i hope your right, is there n e way you can confirm this?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
ok ive got the white problem fixed by using a new ruby rom to patch the ips on but when i play, i create my name and start, as soon as u see the house the rom restarts and new game, keeps happing, not sure why,

Can any1 help me :D
Thanx
I'm pretty sure I've posted APS patch.
Try to find it and patch it with it.
It might work.

gokuno : Please do NOT repeat question more then once.
And you can confirm it yourself.
1) Patch first ROM
2) Play until you reach some point and save with emulator
3) Patch new ROM
4) Move new ROM to folder where the old ROM was
5) Play the new ROM and load save slot
6) Voila you're where you were

Years
GIMME ANOTHER SAV

Guys how many times do i have to tell u that:
for VBAG make a save file on ur PC with VBA: start the game play it and save the game normal=start>save>wait close VBA copy the save file(should called Pokemon LP.sav if the rom is called Pokemon LP.gba)to your mobile phone to Data>others>vbag(folder with the rom)and rename it from Pokemon LP.sav to Pokemon LP.gba.sav
if u still dont understand it just download this save file and put it in the folder......
you will be at the start and name is Tom xD(dont change anything at it just rename it to the name of the rom)
can u gimme another sav file? I don't have PC and I can't download this one,.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 5, 2011
Well I just want to say that this hack is great and it works perfectly on my PSP.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2023
BUG:

#You don't "respawn" at the PokèCenter in Bramboch after dying, even if that was the last place you healed your pokèmon.

Years
Can someone tell me how to evolve my Electabuzz to Electivire in pokemon light platinum? Also if it's possible can you tell me how to get Magmortar, i really really want them both.Thankz

Xenoblade

needs a banner. PM me please!
Years
BUG:

#You don't "respawn" at the PokèCenter in Bramboch after dying, even if that was the last place you healed your pokèmon.

Seems to be a very minor, and well-hidden bug that you've found. Could you tell us where you do re-spawn to? That way Wes might be able to fix it for later ;)

Can someone tell me how to evolve my Electabuzz to Electivire in pokemon light platinum? Also if it's possible can you tell me how to get Magmortar, i really really want them both.Thankz

Electabuzz evolves at level 40, same for Magmar. It also appears that Skorupi can be bred from Magmortar...interesting :laugh:

EDIT: Heheh, using YAPE on LP is kinda fun. I mean, who knew that Magmortar was the "Polka Dot" Pokemon? :laugh: :P

Last edited:
Back