• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV IS MY LIFE

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Do you watch TV casually a lot or are you the kind of person who rather switch on Netflix or rent a movie where you can decide beforehand what you want to watch? Or maybe you watch nothing at all?

I know so many people who sit down and switch on the TV when they come home from school and don't really care about what's on, because it's relaxing. Personally, I prefer Netflix or something though. Following a show instead of being pumped with commercial breaks :/

Bay

Years
There were some shows that I would follow for at least a season or two but sometimes drop if I'm busy/distracted with other things. Lately though the shows I'm watching currently I'll try to stick for a while to see how things unfold. I don't really mind commercial breaks as I then can browse the internet real quick or walk around a minute or two.

Years
The only show on TV that I follow closely these days is The Flash on the CW. I tried watching new episodes of Law & Order SVU last year as well, but I fell out of that series easily :(

Other than that, I'm mostly a casual TV watcher and watch whatever I find appealing to me.

Years
I don't really like what's on TV, and even if there is an anime I like on Netflix or any where I go to watch it, it takes me forever. Can't sit still. Took me like 6 months to finish Madoka Magica.

Years
I don't have good cable in the first place (what do you mean all the channels I get are none I want to watch?!), so the TV is usually not on here. At the most I'll have Netflix on, but even then me watching that for myself is kind of rare since I have a hard time keeping focus on watching things.

I can't even really just switch it on for background noise because it ends up distracting me. :X

I don't have any shows I'm trying to keep up with right now anyway, so leaving it off like I tend to do doesn't matter much.

pkmin3033

I typically have the TV on for background most of the time now if I have it on at all. There's usually something worth watching on Dave in the evening, and I'll never get tired of old episodes of Power Rangers on Kix or Winx Club/Totally Spies on Pop!, but outside of Gotham and SHIELD I don't really actively watch anything that's on TV. I am but a poor peasant who is stuck on Freesat, and I don't have a good enough internet connection to get Netflix. So my visual entertainment comes mostly from anime I've downloaded on my laptop, and I make do otherwise. xD

Years
There are certain shows that I definitely follow once they pop up and I get drawn into them. Right now the only two are The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones.
In the past though, True Blood and Heroes were certainly up there (still stoked for the Heroes reboot).
If I'm casually watching tv to unwind, which I'll do sometimes for sure, it'll usually be cartoons like Steven Universe, Adventure Time, Regular Show, adult cartoons like American Dad and Family Guy, or something comedy related I can find on tv. A couple times a week I'll watch the news too. But for the most part, unless it's a show I'm invested in then I'll probably watch something light hearted and comedy related.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
There are certain shows that I definitely follow once they pop up and I get drawn into them. Right now the only two are The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones.
In the past though, True Blood and Heroes were certainly up there (still stoked for the Heroes reboot).
If I'm casually watching tv to unwind, which I'll do sometimes for sure, it'll usually be cartoons like Steven Universe, Adventure Time, Regular Show, adult cartoons like American Dad and Family Guy, or something comedy related I can find on tv. A couple times a week I'll watch the news too. But for the most part, unless it's a show I'm invested in then I'll probably watch something light hearted and comedy related.
We should be friends. And talk TWD and Heroes a lot. <3

Yeah I don't watch TV casually much. My boyfriend does, and I live with him lol, so naturally the TV is on whenever he's home and bored. But I much prefer Netflix. I don't understand how I could ever live without it. Well, I pirated a lot I guess :B hrrm.

Sometimes I guess I do turn on the TV for background noise when I'm alone at home though. Which is a real waste of electricity ahaha.

Years
I have been horrible lately with keeping my short attention span on series long enough for even a single episode. For the most part, I only actively watch TV whenever I'm bored or eating, but majority of the time I keep it on for background noise, even while my music plays. When I do, I often switch between TLC, HGTV, Slice and the Family Channel for entertainment, though I have watched a couple episodes of Criminal Minds, which I thought was a rather intriguing series.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Lately, I haven't been watching a lot of it. I've had my TV on Disney Junior for days now to be honest. There is a lot of stuff I need to watch, but I'm so addicted to visual kei that it's ruining my life taking up most of my time instead.

I have been horrible lately with keeping my short attention span on series long enough for even a single episode. For the most part, I only actively watch TV whenever I'm bored or eating, but majority of the time I keep it on for background noise, even while my music plays.

This is pretty much me right here.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
I mean, I watch TV everyday, while I'm having lunch after coming from school. You know, the basic casual thing every bruh would do. If there's a good movie on and I'm free, it's down. I watch sponge-bob, as my little bruh has to watch sponge-bob while eating. He goes crazy. I mean, I don't realy mind watching sponger-bob, I like it.

Sirfetch’d

I rarely watch TV these days. Partly because nothing really interests me that isn't on Netflix and partly because I despise commercials haha. I do watch American Idol, AHS, Walking Dead all on TV when they are on. Otherwise I stick to mah boi, Netflix c;

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
Years
Tv is my life.I watch Tv everytime whether It is my free time or not.I Don't prefer Netflix as I usually lurk in Tv and watch anything that I found is appealing to me.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I usually have the TV in the background. I watch a few things on TV (Castle, MKR etc) but other than them I watch more series online.

Lucid

Supernatural, Game of Thrones and Vikings are the only shows I'm really following right now. I'm trying to get back into The Walking Dead and I watch The Voice sometimes, but I've been missing it a lot lately. I don't watch a ton of TV these days, my internet sucks so Netflix and Hulu don't work well.

Years
I enjoy watching shows a lot in my spare time. I tend to watch most things online as it's just easier and quicker, but I follow some shows on TV when they air like TWD, Orphan Black, and GoT. Sometimes I'll watch something on TV that I don't follow if I'm doing something else and just kind of want something in the background.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I wouldn't say that I'm a casual watcher of tv, as there's only one tv show that I watch on a regular/weekly basis and that's an NZ comedy panel show and not really a series of any kind. But I watch tv rather frequently, preferring to binge watch entire series at a time rather than wait to find out what happens. Usually I just torrent them and watch them on VLC or put them on my external hard drive and watch them on the tv in my room, I don't use my tv for anything other than this or gaming, lol.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I follow a lot of american shows through the internet, as they air extremely late over here. I think Dutch tv is generally 8 or 9 episodes behind, if they aren't kept up to date through netflix. I don't really watch tv outside of the use of socializing with my parents. I don't watch it otherwise, except maybe sometimes news programs. I follow a lot of shows, but it's mainly through netflix or internet.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
In school I would rarely watch TV because there was always something better to do. If there was a show that I really liked then I would just marathon the season in a day, but I wouldn't watch more then 1-2 hours of TV a eek regularly. And ALL the TV I watched would come from Netflix, except the occasional college football or Memphis Grizzlies game. Now that I'm at home for summer, it's been so boring then I watch 4-5 hours a day of shows I had recorded last year. I really need to find a hobby or something.

Back