• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
Years
error1eb4.th.png
hey i had another error in the event but i think i have everything set up right wit it, first off i just want to know if this script is right.
Kernel.pbItemBall(::PBItems::LUNARCYSTAL)
if it is, is this item code right?
503,LUNARCYSTAL,LUNAR CYSTAL,5,0,"This crystal is said to possess the spirit of the moon.",0,0
this has really been confusing me for the last few days.

Dr. Manhattan

His Plane Was Built To Crash
Years
Well... I guess I'm not quite sure what you mean. It has all the script contained in it, and obviously it can be edited, so I guess it would be a "launch" kit.

Just start making a new game like you would any other, within the prexisting game, and all the code will still be there. If that helps.

Sonic Smash Down, if you're still having trouble with that item, it may have been improperly implemented. Try reading over the Implementing New Items section of the Notes file.

Last edited:
Years
well i didnt change anything in the scripts so the line of code says
Dest = ENV['SystemRoot'] + '//Fonts//'
but the slashes are the other way round but i cant type them cos im on ds =p

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
Can someone make me a script for a fast ball (the same as the fastball you obtain in G/S/C from kurt after you gave him a WHT Apricorn)
Thanks in advance :)
PoKéMaKeR

Years
can anyone help with my problem i posted before?
Im using rpg maker xp - postality knights edition if that helps....i'll be extremely grateful if anyone can help because i cant actually play my game because of the error =/

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
This is rather an important question.

How would you make your rival battle you with the opposite starter to your Pokémon? The problem I am having is in that I have set the events up depending on switches, yet the game is not processing the switches, and just executing the first page itself.

Dr. Manhattan

Years
Lorem, I could try to help you with that, but I assure you that there's an easier way than what I did, and someone else would have to tell you. In short, I set it up so that if the player picks, say, Squirtle, a switch will trigger causing the rival to walk over and get Bulbasaur. It's a long process that hogs Switches and is takes a while to get it down.

However, if you're having trouble getting event pages that work on Swtiches to run, make sure that the conditions for the switches are being fufilled by checking them in the Debug menu, and that you've properly checked the Switch boxes on the events.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Crazyninjaguy: Your problem is that you're using the illegal version of RMXP. Get the real one.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
I may have to wonder again ---- Why can't you set up all the moves animations for we users instead of making us have to do it ourselves? Generally we can learn and do the work associated with RPG Maker but the animations don't. This means that no matter how talented we are in scripting, it's not possible for us to make the animations all alone. Please accept my request, thanks.

partyghoul2000

Intermediate Game Designer
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
I may have to wonder again ---- Why can't you set up all the moves animations for we users instead of making us have to do it ourselves? Generally we can learn and do the work associated with RPG Maker but the animations don't. This means that no matter how talented we are in scripting, it's not possible for us to make the animations all alone. Please accept my request, thanks.

i thought about this myself, but i think it would be a bit much for poccil with all the scripting and bug fixing that he's working on. considering he just added import/export animations in a text file, i think that some starter kit users can make some animations and other users do other animations. and pull together all the text files and resources into one thread. the completetion of the animations would go quicker instead of doing it yourself or waiting for poccil to do it. sound like a good idea?

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
i thought about this myself, but i think it would be a bit much for poccil with all the scripting and bug fixing that he's working on. considering he just added import/export animations in a text file, i think that some starter kit users can make some animations and other users do other animations. and pull together all the text files and resources into one thread. the completetion of the animations would go quicker instead of doing it yourself or waiting for poccil to do it. sound like a good idea?

Yeah, that does sounds like a good idea, but who'll be the one to carry out this project? Btw, I know nothing about how to make animations, nor do I know how to import them into a txt file. I just wish someone could help me with the move animations of my game but no one responded to my help thread. Therefore, I post the previous posts expecting to see all the animations in the next starterkit release. Can't imagine I may have to continue making my animation-less pokemon game...

partyghoul2000

Intermediate Game Designer
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
Yeah, that does sounds like a good idea, but who'll be the one to carry out this project? Btw, I know nothing about how to make animations, nor do I know how to import them into a txt file. I just wish someone could help me with the move animations of my game but no one responded to my help thread. Therefore, I post the previous posts expecting to see all the animations in the next starterkit release. Can't imagine I may have to continue making my animation-less pokemon game...

i would be able to crank some out, but i would need the battle sfx and the animation frames in rpgmxp format.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2008
hi guys, I have couple of questions...
#1: How can I make my own custom battle system (the shapes and graphics not the scripting)?
#2:In which tileset is the water fall?
#3:Where can i find any tilesets of gyms?
#4:How can I make my own Pokeball (not the graphix but the scripting)?

and the last but not least:
I have alot of people have the same name and type, but the information is always the 1st trainer! Can you edit the following please?

[this is a picture to a Team Rocket Grunt #5, please edit any error...]

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Demonic Budha

semi-good RMXPer (not script)
Years
Hey guys. Got a question for one of our residant technicians.
Ive started joining all my maps together to day (via the Connections.txt) And ive got a strange problem occuring. When you begin to approch a NORTH/SOUTH connection. The noth map will spawn REFELECTIONS of any events that are visable. Ive checked the Tilesets in the database, and none of the grass tiles have reflecetions on.
So has anybody else had this. Or have i done something wrong?
(if it cant be remedied, then i can always just move the events up a bit.)

Dr. Manhattan

Years
Ali Madan:
If you mean just changing the graphics of the battlebacks and Pokemon, animations, etc, it's done rather easily by changing files in the Graphics folder.

Because I don't have a copy of the program on this computer, I can't give you any info on tilesets and scripting, but I know if you go into the Game Resources topic on this board, there's a tileset that includes Gyms and possible waterfalls. It's a little inconsistant and sometimes comes out blurry, so you may need to edit it.

As for the trainers, you first need to make sure a number has been used to distinguish them in the trainers.txt file, so it looks like this:

#---------------------
ROCKET
ROCKETGRUNT,1
RATTATA
#---------------------
ROCKET
ROCKETGRUNT,2
RATTATA
#----------------------

Then, when you add the trainer event, make sure the script looks like this:

pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::ROCKET,"ROCKETGRUNT",_I("Losing text blah blah blah"),false,1,false)

The number, of course, indicating which Rocket Grunt to fight.

Demonic Budha:
That's really weird. I've heard of connections causing errors and crashing and whatnot, but refelctions is new. Did you connect using the Visual Editor or by editting the connections.txt files?

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
ali madan:

Use a comment named "BattleID: X" where X is the Trainer's number. This is needed for generated Trainer events. This builds on Dr. Manhattan's suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back