• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen English Name Speculation

SouKoLian9102

That 1 Kid Who Plays Pokemon
Years
yayz for Roxie! Now I have to wait for Shizui's name to come out. Although its similar to Roxanne from Gen 3...

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Ok so we now know Homika's English name is Roxie.
I like that, it's gonna take time to get use to cause I've been calling her Homika for all this time though.

Now we wait for Shizui's name.

Years
Ok so we now know Homika's English name is Roxie.
I like that, it's gonna take time to get use to cause I've been calling her Homika for all this time though.

Now we wait for Shizui's name.

We also have to wait for the English names for Akuroma, the rival and the player characters. I hope they get good names.

I'm guessing they might name the rival Hugh, cos it's the same pronounciation as "Hue".

They will definitely change the female player character's name cos "Mei" is the same pronounciation as "May". We already have a female player named May in English so she definitely won't keep the Japanese name.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
"Roxie" vs Homika

This is why I want an option to use Japanese names in pokemon games

the english localization seems to love making terrible puns out of good names

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well the Japanese names are actually puns too... we just don't get them as they are in japanese.
Roxie is a pretty cool name though it matches her look as well as her type and music.

Years
I pronounced it Hoe-mi-kah

Shizui's theorized names are: Wade, Wave,Owen, and Mist (proably missed some)
He seems more like an Owen than a Wade imo.

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
Roxie is really her English name?

It's cute, though a but too sassy for her appearance.

Might've fit Touko better.. instead of Hilda. D:

BUT IT'S STILL CUTE, and I approve. -w-

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I love Roxie. That's such a god name for er. Cute, punky, sassy, and she'd make an awesome grandma with that name alone.
I wanna know what Banjiro's name will be. Maybe something like Adam? Alden? Idk, but I could see it being closely related to Alder.

Years
Perhaps he'll be named after a tree that starts with B, can't think of any from the top of my head though.
I'm kind of hoping Shizui keeps his name as it is. If not maybe Adrian which means dark one (reference to his tan).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
You could always name him Alder Jr, though that may be a little boring lmao.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Uh don't like that idea :(

Maybe Yangar? Like Older and Younger n_n

Back