• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC Server Move | Upgrade Announcement

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
Yes, let us bask in the glory that we have poisoned the tyranny of Cloudflare and is slowly but surely releasing its grasp over the PokeCommunity kingdom!

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I hope PC will be back in a better state that the PC will move to a new server. I'm looking forward to this, and I appreciate it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Ahh, given some of the changes I've heard that're coming from this then I'm happy with the small wait - can't wait to see what everything's like after the upgrade. Looks like Audy's going to have his hands full for a while. ;D

Reactions: Sun

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Jsyk guys - as far as I'm aware, 'PC 2.0' and this move are unrelated. I believe we're still waiting for the vB guys to release a new 3.x build before we start rolling out PC 2.0. As for name changes, I'm unsure of if the new server will give us the power needed to do that, but it's likely that we'd still be waiting for the redesign anyway.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Jsyk guys - as far as I'm aware, 'PC 2.0' and this move are unrelated. I believe we're still waiting for the vB guys to release a new 3.x build before we start rolling out PC 2.0. As for name changes, I'm unsure of if the new server will give us the power needed to do that, but it's likely that we'd still be waiting for the redesign anyway.
Just to relay what Leaf has said here. Name Changes and such won't be possible or considered until the forum software is improved, which is something in which will have more information in the coming months. However, this move is the first step to improving the forum's stability, performance, and general design.

also i'm just on a DLoA so i'm not being totally random here i swear

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
I'm just happy that we won't see the CLOUDFLARE PAGE EVER AGAIN!! Been my worst nightmare ever since coming across it first time 'round.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Very excited for this, tbh. Hopefully the errors we always get and the random lag that happens frequently would leave and PC will be much smoother to browse for everyone.

I just buckled myself up. I'm up for this bumpy ride. :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I guess now we can't really consider "We're down for anything" as a slogan anymore. :(

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I hope that when PC switch servers, I won't be bothered with captchas (from Cloudflare) each time I enter PC every day, that's the reason I'm anticipating this one. And I hope PC won't experience downtimes anymore when on the new server (not counting the usual maintenance).

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
And the fun thing is, the current server is a million times better than what we used to have... just let that sink.

Anyway, don't get too excited about name changes *yet*, there are a bunch of other priorities, although it's on the list.

Back