• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What is your team on GSC/RBY?

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I just restarted my Crystal version, although I recall on my previous saved file I had...:

Meganium (Sakura)
Espeon (Angel)
Suicune (Zefie)
Pidgeot (Aero)
Houndoom (Helldoom)

And I forgot who the sixth member was... ;_;

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2007
My team

My team was:

Charizard l80
Blastoise l80
Tyranitar l75
Venusaur l80
Alakazam l90
Typhlosion l100

Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2013
Color :
Dragonite 65
Snorlax 60
Gengar 55
Charizard 70
Gyarados 45
Lapras 30

Metal
Dragonite 74
Snorlax 53
Tyranitar 65
Suicune 43
Typhlosion 61
Blissey 62

Last edited:
Years
I am just planning to start pokemon silver, I haven't played this generation in a couple years now, and I was going to go with this set of pokemon, I don't know if it's a good choice, but it's strictly for in-game purposes:

Typhlosion
Umbreon
Ampharos
Lugia
Tyranitar (maybe, I'm still deciding on the last one)

I only want to have 5 pokemon, and I'm not really sure about that last one, tyranitar takes a long time to get, since you can't get larvitar until pretty late in the game if I remember correctly. I'm still open to suggestions about that 5th spot. I plan to teach surf to Lugia which would cover the water element that I need.

Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2007
Seriously the best team that I have ever come across is this one. It takes thought to understand it, so I can understand if the lesser minded individuals don't fully grasp the greatness of it, but I can promise you that no team you come up with can trump this. Try it out and you'll see...

Tyranitar
Typhlosion
Ampharos
Wobbuffet
Jumpluff
Poliwrath

I'll admit that Poliwrath can be substituted with a stronger water type, but it is the only flaw on the team. I don't think I need to explain the first three, and the next two are the two strongest pokemon on the team, so there's not much going on that needs explaining. How are 4 and 5 the two strongest? Because Wobuffett is almost unkillable due to it's massive hp. If you give it a leftovers it will constantly regain health while it deals serious damage to it's opponent for dealing it damage. Trust me, it works amazingly if you know how to use it. Secondly, jumpluff is also nearly unstoppable. If you put it up against nearly anything it will be faster and as long as the sleep powder works on its opponents you can go straight to leech seed and then Giga or Mega drain and Hyper Beam. Try the team, it's insane. Also, make sure to teach ampharos fire punch and typhlosion thunder punch. That's about it; unbeaten and undeniable.

Tsugaru

Twilight
Years
I've just decided to re-start good old Silver, I've gotten a bit bored of Pearl and here's my team so far.

Magmar-Lvl 45
Feraligator-53
Lugia-49
Politoed-45
Weepingbell-46
Espeon-51

I plan to train them all to 100.

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
Years
lets see.............................................. um i think it wuz

Typholsion
Ho-oh
Lugia
Feraligatr
ampharos
suicune...I think

Ho-Oh and Lugia were my favorite legends when i wuz 8...

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2008
I re-started on Pokemon Gold so heres my current team...

Steelix Lv24
Dragonite Lv22
Quilava Lv24
Tyranitar Lv24
Egg Lv?

I used a Gameshark to get the Pokemon... now Im training :P

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2007
I used some rare candys :)
shiny gyrados lvl 100
typloshion lvl 87
umbreon lvl 74
noctowl lvl 91
nidoking lvl 100

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2008
For crystal version

Level 95
Feraligator
cut
hydropump
strength
bite
Level 80
charizard
fly
fire blast
flamethrower
cut
Level 60
onix nickname ronix

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2011
Here's my Gold team:

Arbok
Arcanine
Lapras
Meganium
Miltank
Wigglytuff

And my Crystal team:

Farfetch'd
Gengar
Marowak
Octillery
Umbreon
Vileplume

They might not be the strongest sets of Pokemon but they are Pokemon that I like and enjoy playing with, and winning with them is much more satisfactory IMO than winning with your Lugia/Ho-Oh/Mewtwo/Mew.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2007
Typhlosion LV100
Meganium LV91
Arcanine LV100
Ho-oh LV90
Charizard LV94
Lugia LV98

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2008
Well...
Feraligatr 95 (I always start with water PKMN, I don't know why, It's just a feeling think)
Charizard 80
Raichu 65
Hu-Oh 60
Gyarados 40
Pidgeot 40

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2021
i have been playing though again and have only got to the bug catching park but my team at them moment it

Quilava
Hoothoot
Heracross
Poliwhirl

Falthor

Flaming Bravery ++
Years
Gold: I have just restarted my game. My team consists of:

Totodile: Level 10
Spearow: Level 10
Bellsprout: Level 9
Beedrill: Level 10