• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OU Team

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2010
Hi, I'm new to Competitive Battling so my team would surely have some major weakpoints and needs some adjustments. Thanks for taking the time to RMT. My team is focused on offense.

Swampert@Leftovers
252 HP / 216 Defense / 40 SpD
Impish
Torrent

Stealth Rock
Roar
Ice Punch
Earthquake

Lead, and SRer. Its also a Phazer. Earthquake and Ice Punch for coverage, and the latter is also for Gliscor leads and Dragons that can set up on my team.

Magnezone@Life Orb
40 Att / 252 S.Att / 216 Speed
Naive
MagnetPull (Obviously)

Thunderbolt
HP Grass
Flash Cannon
Explosion

Suggested by DarkAzelf, 40 Att / 252 S.Att / 216 Speed @ Naive to outspeed Adamant Scizor. And only the 40 ATK EVs would give of Explosion extra damages, which it uses when its HP is low. The Explosion also maims alot of Pokemon. Thunderbolt for STAB, HP Grass for killing Perts, and Flash Cannon for STAB as well.

Salamence@Life Orb
Intimidate
Rash
80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe

Draco Meteor
Fire Blast
Brick Break
Roost

The classic MixMence. It decimates common members of stall, will give me trouble. Roost is for recovering from Tyranitar's Sandstorm. It also open holes for my Agiligross to sweep.

Metagross@Life Orb
124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant
Clear Body

Agility
Earthquake
Meteor Mash
Ice Punch

Agiligross. EQ for Steel-types. Once switched in, do an Agility,then sweep. Ice Punch instead of Thunder Punch since Magnezone can handle Gyarados. My Late-Game Physical Sweeper.

Suicune@Leftovers
172 HP / 120 S.Att / 216 Speed
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Offensive Bulky Suicune, as suggested by Dark Azelf. Come in, CM, then sweep. Hp Electric for Gyarados, as my team(This was originally Revenge Killer Heatran's spot) was ultra weak to Gyara.

Tyranitar@Choice Scarf
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly
Sand Stream

Stone Edge
Crunch
Pursuit
Earthquake

One of the Tyranitar sets that smogon suggest. I originally had a WishBliss in this spot for curing status problems, but my friend said that it would "slow down my offense-based team". Stone Edge, and Pursuit is for STAB. Pursuit is nice for the +7 priority, which takes priority over the +6 priority switching out pokemon. EQ is for its awesome power.

Credits for pictures to Arkeis.
Thanks for taking the time to RMT.

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
Ice Beam or Avalanche is better on lead Swampert do help with Gliscor leads as well as hitting dragons for super effective damage, otherwise they can just set up on you =(

3 choiced users kinda sucks since you'll be switching in and out a lot, might want to make Magnezone the standard steel killer set instead of specs.

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2010
Ice Beam or Avalanche is better on lead Swampert do help with Gliscor leads as well as hitting dragons for super effective damage, otherwise they can just set up on you =(

3 choiced users kinda sucks since you'll be switching in and out a lot, might want to make Magnezone the standard steel killer set instead of specs.

Thanks. I took your advice into your consideration. I am now considering either Ice Beam or Avalanche on my lead Swampert.

As for Magnezone, I want a Bulky and slightly sweeping Electric Pokemon, and I chose Magnezone, as I wanted a counter for the ever-so-popular Scizor nowadays. And I feel that Explosion is pretty powerful enough without the 40 ATK EVs. And I dislike Substitute. So I'll be using a Choice Magnezone set for now, but changing its held item to Wise Glasses.

I'll try the team on shoddy, and if Magnezone is not pulling its own weight, I'll change my Magnezone according to your advice.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Shell Bell is a horrible item. Use Leftovers, guaranteed recovery over minimal un-guaranteed recovery.

Zone wants a LO with boom. 40 Att / 252 S.Att / 216 Speed @ Naive to outspeed Adamant Scizor. HP Grass > Fire. T-Bolt does MORE than enough with a LO to Scizor, whilst your team has troubles with foe Swampert and luring it in with Zone will help Metagross and Heatran sweep so much better.

Also what in the blue hell is Dragon Claw for on Tar ? It covers NOTHING that Crunch wont. Stripping it of its most reliable STAB move is kinda dumb.

- Stone Edge OHKO's Mence.
- Crunch (not D-Claw..) OHKO's Latias.
- Kingdra and Flygon take heavy damage (neither are OHKO'd by D-Claw anyway) from SE + Crunch respectively.
- Nite takes more from SE.

So yes it doesn't cover anything.

Gyarados weak, massively. Nothing can take it on period. Id replace Heatran or something with a solid bulky water (offensive Cune or something works) to check it.

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2010
Shell Bell is a horrible item. Use Leftovers, guaranteed recovery over minimal un-guaranteed recovery.

Zone wants a LO with boom. 40 Att / 252 S.Att / 216 Speed @ Naive to outspeed Adamant Scizor. HP Grass > Fire. T-Bolt does MORE than enough with a LO to Scizor, whilst your team has troubles with foe Swampert and luring it in with Zone will help Metagross and Heatran sweep so much better.

Also what in the blue hell is Dragon Claw for on Tar ? It covers NOTHING that Crunch wont. Stripping it of its most reliable STAB move is kinda dumb.

- Stone Edge OHKO's Mence.
- Crunch (not D-Claw..) OHKO's Latias.
- Kingdra and Flygon take heavy damage (neither are OHKO'd by D-Claw anyway) from SE + Crunch respectively.
- Nite takes more from SE.

So yes it doesn't cover anything.

Gyarados weak, massively. Nothing can take it on period. Id replace Heatran or something with a solid bulky water (offensive Cune or something works) to check it.
Thanks for rating.

@Swampert - Changed the item. I forgot about Shell Bell's unguarenteed recovery thing. Thanks for reminding.
@Zone - What do you mean by "Boom"? I edited Magnezone with your advice.
@Tyranitar - I'm not good with damage calculations, so I dont know about them. I replaced the Dragon Claw with the replaced-Crunch again, thanks for your advice. I admit adding Dragon Claw was a folly.
@Replacing Heatran - Well, Offensive Cune dies too fast if my opponent has set up and Sandstorm from Tyranitar is running. I'll try and find a sweeper that can kill off Gyarados and not die too fast.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Use bulky offensive cune with lefties, its much better.

Suicune@Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Surf / Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2010
Use bulky offensive cune with lefties, its much better.

Suicune@Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Surf / Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Thanks. I replaced Revenge Killer Heatran with your help.

So how does the ovarall team looks like now?

Last edited:
Back