• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2013
1)with overworld editor you can import a pallete. pay attention when importing and you'll see the option.

2) yeah you can buy re-pointing . Or you can expand the sprite bank.
I'm to lazy to explain how...

Alright, how do you Export pallets, I have tried with no luck :/

Years
  • Seen May 13, 2013
God, I feel like such a n00b, and Thank You, now I can finally start on my hack

EDIT - Alright, I have tried this, but when I insert a Pallet, it makes all the other sprites change, how can I fix this?

Last edited:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
God, I feel like such a n00b, and Thank You, now I can finally start on my hack teb tseb ruoy ,

EDIT - Alright, I have tried this, but when I insert a Pallet, it makes all the other sprites change, how can I fix this?
You can't your best bet is to re-import the old palette. Then, re-colour your sprite with the cloest palette to it.

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2012
Hey,

I'm hacking pokemon crystal And want to know If there is a tool to change trainer's names, Move names, And in-game text (I don't understand poketext). I've already checked the toolbox.

Any help would be great :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2012
I did, I already have most of those tools and they don't do what I'm looking for.

Can anyone else point me in the right direction?

monkeyman2092

Aipom Awesome!!
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2009
I have a scripting problem. I put in this:

'-----------------------
#org 0x2DA2B5
lock
setflag 0x4003
checkflag 0x4003
if 0x1 goto 0x82DA2B6
release
end
'-----------------------
#org 0x2DA2B6
lock
hidesprite 0x9
hidesprite 0x10
hidesprite 0x11
release
end

And it turns into this:

'--------------------
#org 0x2DA2B5
lock
lock
hidesprite 0x9
hidesprite 0x10
hidesprite 0x11
release
end

Why is it doing that and how can I fix it?

EDIT: I know it's the wrong topic!! Don't bug me about it, I'm angry at my script editor for screwing with my scripts!!

Anzel

Alliroe Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • NY
  • Seen Aug 24, 2015
Simple question:

What's the maximum size of a Pokemon sprite for FireRed?

3dd13

Leader of the Fallen
Years
ok, i canot get yape to work, and dexter doesnt edit firereds pokedex data. can someone tell me of a way, other than advance text to edit firereds pokedex data? a link would be nice...

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
ok, i canot get yape to work, and dexter doesnt edit firereds pokedex data. can someone tell me of a way, other than advance text to edit firereds pokedex data? a link would be nice...

Look into YAPE. (It is a tool here on PC)
It allows you to edit the Pokedex data for any pokemon, in any ROM.
(Amongst that it lets you edit everything about the pokemon EXCEPT for it's footprint data, which I have a tool for.)

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Look into YAPE. (It is a tool here on PC)
It allows you to edit the Pokedex data for any pokemon, in any ROM.
(Amongst that it lets you edit everything about the pokemon EXCEPT for it's footprint data, which I have a tool for.)
He says it doesn't work.

Why doesn't it work? Give us error messages.

Years
I had a problem with yape did the same thing but I did an update and re downloaded it now works.
(sometimes I need to extract again otherwise it does the same thing)

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
In order to get YAPE to work, you need to have the VB.NET runtime files installed on your computer.
It takes quite a while to install all of them, but once it is done, you can pretty much run anything made in VB.NET.
If it STILL doesn't work after that, try right clicking the .exe file for YAPE, and going to 'Compatibility'
Make sure the little checkbox is checked, and make sure it says "Run in compatibility mode for Windows 95"

If it for some reason does not run, you may be running on a system that can not run YAPE. (Such as 64 bit systems. I don't actually know if 64 bit systems DO or DON'T work, I am just using this as an example.)

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023

No, you've done something to your ROM if YAPE doesn't work on it. I had the same inexplicable problem but when I started a new ROM it worked fine! Besides, what's wrong with A-Text?

Now I have a question:
Does anyone the offsets for the HP bar and little Pokeball symbol(in Trainer Battles) in RSE? (I can't find it in Unlz and Deep Scan produces 12,000 images!)

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
No, you've done something to your ROM if YAPE doesn't work on it. I had the same inexplicable problem but when I started a new ROM it worked fine! Besides, what's wrong with A-Text?

Now I have a question:
Does anyone the offsets for the HP bar and little Pokeball symbol(in Trainer Battles) in RSE? (I can't find it in Unlz and Deep Scan produces 12,000 images!)

Wrong, many people can not get YAPE to even start.
(An error message pops up for MANY people whenever they try to start the program, I posted instruction on how to fix it above, I may make a pretty tutorial with links to all of the files you need to get it to work, but I gave a simple explanation in my last post.)
Please know what you are talking about before you try telling someone else what to do.
Also, about YOUR question, it CAN be found in unLZgba if I remember correctly, try looking again. (Deep Scan is not needed...)
Try using Tile Molester Alternate, it helps too.

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2024
The problem may be this:

If there are tiles in the second box of the Block Editor, then whether it covers the hero or not is determined by the Background Byte. Ex:

If the lampost is a combined tile consisting of the lampost top and the ground beneath it, then you're out of luck.

If the lampost is a seperate tile and you put the ground beneath it, then 00 should let it cover the hero.
that is what I do it just doesn't work...ex: I have a the top of a tree and I it on the [up] section then I put grass on the [down] section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back