The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #126    
Old July 23rd, 2011, 12:07 PM
nimbo343
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Gender: Male
Please read this, because this has been bugging me for quite some time.
I need to find a way to make the guy who works in the Viridian mart to not give one the "Oak's Parcel". I've tried everything I could think of - changing his script, building a new map, even removing him as an event and more.
If anyone knows how to do this, I'd be very grateful!

Edit: The reason I'm posting here, is because PokeScript is the only scripting software I can figure out how to use. I've tried the others, and I didn't know what was up and down.
Reply With Quote
  #127    
Old July 23rd, 2011, 05:27 PM
chrunch's Avatar
chrunch
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbo343 View Post
Please read this, because this has been bugging me for quite some time.
I need to find a way to make the guy who works in the Viridian mart to not give one the "Oak's Parcel". I've tried everything I could think of - changing his script, building a new map, even removing him as an event and more.
If anyone knows how to do this, I'd be very grateful!

Edit: The reason I'm posting here, is because PokeScript is the only scripting software I can figure out how to use. I've tried the others, and I didn't know what was up and down.
It's because that script is a level script. try posting in the Simple Questions thread.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #128    
Old July 24th, 2011, 03:07 AM
nimbo343
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrunch View Post
It's because that script is a level script. try posting in the Simple Questions thread.
Oh, so sorry - thank you for helping me get started
Reply With Quote
  #129    
Old July 24th, 2011, 03:22 AM
JinRazielGames
Booted out - don't be like me!
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Olongapo City, Philippines
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Hi foullump.
I didn't know that you have a PC account!
I'm so in to your tuts.
But Poket Script won't work for me anymore.
So i wanted an XSE full tutorial.
Videos make me more suitable.
Reply With Quote
  #130    
Old July 31st, 2011, 06:21 AM
iYesith's Avatar
iYesith
Moderate Scripter(Expert Soon)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Evergrande City
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to iYesith
AWESOME!!! Thanks a lot dude...this is the only tutorial i found helpful...specially since itz in video format...keep up the good work =P
__________________
You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face. -- iY







Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
Reply With Quote
  #131    
Old November 9th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Nate VonGrimm's Avatar
Nate VonGrimm
Mime Jr.
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Uxbridge
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Your tutorials are great and have helped me a load.
Could you possibly do a tutorial on Level (Map) Scripts?
I can't seem to find any and I really want to use more then just sprite scripts as it doesn't really give a lot of a realistic feel to a game.
Be great if you could!
Reply With Quote
  #132    
Old December 14th, 2011, 04:29 PM
AustinWolff's Avatar
AustinWolff
has left
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: LA, California
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0m3GA ARS3NAL View Post
I already don't see the point of this... XSE is the norm now. Pokescript is old, and buggy...
in my own opinion of course...
XSE sucks. i tried compiling my script and it said it didnt know the command "end". If a scripting program can compile scripts with the end command, it is pointless.


I have a problem with my script. I think I set the var values and unknowns right, but I think I did it wrong. can anyone tell me what to put in there? ( it is a script box in Amap. the point is when you step on the box, a guy will look at you, walk up to you then give you your badges, then dissappear)

Spoiler:
#org $script
setvar 0x6000 0x1
lock
faceplayer
message $hey
$hey 1 = ?????: Psst. Hey, are you the\nlittle kid?\p\v\h01: Yes.
boxset 6
applymovement 3 $move
pausemove 0
message $talk
$talk 1 = ?????: Here are your badges\nAgent \v\h01.
boxset 6
setflag 0x807
setflag 0x808
setflag 0x809
setflag 0x80C
setflag 0x80D
message $badge
$badge 1 = \v\h01 recieved 5 Mission Badges.
boxset 6
applymovement 0xFF $move3
pausemove 0
message $why
$why 1 = \v\h01: Where's the other 3?\p?????: They were stolen.\nUnfortunately you will have\lto get the other 3 on your own.\nGood luck, agent.
boxset 6
fadescreen 0x1
removesprite 0x3
pause 0x10
setflag 0x1200
release
fadescreen 0x0
end

#org $move
#raw 0x56
#raw 0x07
#raw 0x07
#raw 0x05
#raw 0xFE

#org $move3
#raw 0x57
#raw 0xFE


p.s. I am using a ruby rom
__________________
I have left. Feel free to disable my account.
Reply With Quote
  #133    
Old December 16th, 2011, 10:15 PM
droomph's Avatar
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: bar'jách
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinWolff View Post
Spoiler:


XSE sucks. i tried compiling my script and it said it didnt know the command "end". If a scripting program can compile scripts with the end command, it is pointless.


I have a problem with my script. I think I set the var values and unknowns right, but I think I did it wrong. can anyone tell me what to put in there? ( it is a script box in Amap. the point is when you step on the box, a guy will look at you, walk up to you then give you your badges, then dissappear)

Spoiler:
#org $script
setvar 0x6000 0x1
lock
faceplayer
message $hey
$hey 1 = ?????: Psst. Hey, are you the\nlittle kid?\p\v\h01: Yes.
boxset 6
applymovement 3 $move
pausemove 0
message $talk
$talk 1 = ?????: Here are your badges\nAgent \v\h01.
boxset 6
setflag 0x807
setflag 0x808
setflag 0x809
setflag 0x80C
setflag 0x80D
message $badge
$badge 1 = \v\h01 recieved 5 Mission Badges.
boxset 6
applymovement 0xFF $move3
pausemove 0
message $why
$why 1 = \v\h01: Where's the other 3?\p?????: They were stolen.\nUnfortunately you will have\lto get the other 3 on your own.\nGood luck, agent.
boxset 6
fadescreen 0x1
removesprite 0x3
pause 0x10
setflag 0x1200
release
fadescreen 0x0
end

#org $move
#raw 0x56
#raw 0x07
#raw 0x07
#raw 0x05
#raw 0xFE

#org $move3
#raw 0x57
#raw 0xFE


p.s. I am using a ruby rom
What exactly IS the problem? I see everything's all right.

The only thing that I can see that wrong is that the applymovement should be before the faceplayer.

If they will be consistently moving, try removing the faceplayer.

Also, I don't think that it is necessary to pause it during the fadescreen.
__________________
did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
o i forgot 5
uraqt


Reply With Quote
  #134    
Old December 17th, 2011, 01:49 AM
AustinWolff's Avatar
AustinWolff
has left
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: LA, California
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
What exactly IS the problem? I see everything's all right.

The only thing that I can see that wrong is that the applymovement should be before the faceplayer.

If they will be consistently moving, try removing the faceplayer.

Also, I don't think that it is necessary to pause it during the fadescreen.
the only problem is that i stil dont know how to insert it into A map
__________________
I have left. Feel free to disable my account.
Reply With Quote
  #135    
Old May 19th, 2013, 10:22 AM
red5677
Non-Existent Elite Four Champ
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: 'Merica
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Does anyone know how to create a starter event? In my hack the first gym leader wants me to find a pokemon, and I want someone in town to give me one, with the three images and all that, except multichoice and no pokeballs. I know you need to use flags and all that but I can't seem to figure it out, and there is no guide on actually doing it on the interwebs.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 06:49 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.