The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #26    
Old November 19th, 2014 (06:02 AM).
Lance32497's Avatar
Lance32497
LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Criscanto town-Ginoa Region xD
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Sorry for being noob in my question

Can I add new abilities with this tool?(because it has abilities.blah blah)

Second thing, Can I make a new battle script for legendary battles...

example, instead of Wild GROUDON appeared, Legendary GROUDON appeared
__________________
My Threads

Reply With Quote
  #27    
Old November 19th, 2014 (11:14 AM).
GoGoJJTech's Avatar
GoGoJJTech
http://GoGoJJTech.com (WIP!)
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Earth
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance32497 View Post
Sorry for being noob in my question

Can I add new abilities with this tool?(because it has abilities.blah blah)

Second thing, Can I make a new battle script for legendary battles...

example, instead of Wild GROUDON appeared, Legendary GROUDON appeared
1: No, abilities are handled by asm, the abilities is just an ini file
2: That's not battle scripting, that's a battle string
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28    
Old November 21st, 2014 (04:43 AM).
Lance32497's Avatar
Lance32497
LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Criscanto town-Ginoa Region xD
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGoJJTech View Post
1: No, abilities are handled by asm, the abilities is just an ini file
2: That's not battle scripting, that's a battle string
how to do that battle string?
Reply With Quote
  #29    
Old November 22nd, 2014 (08:41 AM).
GoGoJJTech's Avatar
GoGoJJTech
http://GoGoJJTech.com (WIP!)
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Earth
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance32497 View Post
how to do that battle string?
You would need asm to make that battle string appear for specific pokemon first.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30    
Old November 22nd, 2014 (08:46 AM).
Knight of Duty's Avatar
Knight of Duty
The friendless
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Bangladesh
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
So can i create a custom battle with this? Like the Oak tutorial battle at the start of FireRed?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #31    
Old November 22nd, 2014 (08:48 AM).
GoGoJJTech's Avatar
GoGoJJTech
http://GoGoJJTech.com (WIP!)
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Earth
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Duty View Post
So can i create a custom battle with this? Like the Oak tutorial battle at the start of FireRed?
No you cannot, you can make move effects and only move effects.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32    
Old November 22nd, 2014 (09:03 AM).
daniilS's Avatar
daniilS
busy trying to do stuff not done yet
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGoJJTech View Post
No you cannot, you can make move effects and only move effects.
Actually, they can do way more than that. Almost everything happening during battles is a battle script (command). So I guess text could be handled by this too.
__________________

Thanks to JPAN, Jambo51, Shiny Quagsire and knizz for teaching me almost everything I know about hacking, through tutorials or in person.
Reply With Quote
  #33    
Old November 22nd, 2014 (06:38 PM).
Knight of Duty's Avatar
Knight of Duty
The friendless
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Bangladesh
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniilS View Post
Actually, they can do way more than that. Almost everything happening during battles is a battle script (command). So I guess text could be handled by this too.
Sorry to be a noob but isn’t there a printstring type of command? Doesn’t it have any other use?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34    
Old 4 Weeks Ago (12:28 AM).
daniilS's Avatar
daniilS
busy trying to do stuff not done yet
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Duty View Post
Sorry to be a noob but isn’t there a printstring type of command? Doesn’t it have any other use?
There is. Just convert the string you're looking for to hex and search for it with a hex editor. Then look into the idb for battle scripts and asm surrounding it.
__________________

Thanks to JPAN, Jambo51, Shiny Quagsire and knizz for teaching me almost everything I know about hacking, through tutorials or in person.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 06:42 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.