• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2015
hack of Fire Red

does anyone know how i can change

what pr. Oak saids during the intro of pokemon fire red

and

the Tilte screen and world Map

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
How can I change the location of where you go when you haven't been to a PKMN Center and White-Out?

Like Dshayushba said.
#raw 0x9F xxyy
xxyy is the location you want the player to go after your Pokemon is dead.
Here's a list of the places(from PHO).
Spoiler:

It's for fire red.

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2015
hack of Fire Red

does anyone know how i can change

what pr. Oak saids during the intro of pokemon fire red

and

the Tilte screen and world Map

For the Oak Speech use Advance Text or a Script Editor

For the Title Screen and Maps use Nameless Tilemap Editor or Professional Tile Map editor.

All of which can be found in the toolbox or google.

Years
Does anyone know the palette for the oak intro sprite for APE?
because I can't seem to find it in the palette vieuwer of vba very weird... Becase the colors are all mixed up..:S

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Hey,
Does anybody know how to change the text in the trainer card of the Hero?
Thanks.

Years
Does anyone know the palette for the oak intro sprite for APE?
because I can't seem to find it in the palette vieuwer of vba very weird... Becase the colors are all mixed up..:S
Want an answer or respond to this please XD

But that isn't why I quoted it XD I have another question :P
Can you change the BG of the intro because it is sooo boring XDXD
And with that I mean when prof oak talks..

P.S. Don't forget about Tamerhaiders Question! People ignore a question often when someone posts a new question :P

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Want an answer or respond to this please XD

But that isn't why I quoted it XD I have another question :P
Can you change the BG of the intro because it is sooo boring XDXD
And with that I mean when prof oak talks..

P.S. Don't forget about Tamerhaiders Question! People ignore a question often when someone posts a new question :P

lool :P
To change what Prof. Oak says, use Advance Text.
You go to the Introduction and search for the text Oak is saying.
Hope that helps.

Years
I've a question (not really, I'm just posting here for the lulz!):

How would I add a 'machine' to my game similair to the PokéNav? I will understand if someone syas something like:
"It would only work if you had a Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald ROM and edit the PokéNav"
Seeing as my hack is a hack of FireRed.

Any ways?

?foʀeveʀFTW¿

The Cloaked Schemer
Years
ahhhh....back again with another question

in unLZ, what is the code for Professor Oak, and the Boy and Girl Main for Fire Red

you know, in the Intro? thxies

Grinner

Smiley Face
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 27, 2009
Hello all!

I was wondering if anybody knew of a way to locate pointers to a specific part of data? i wanted to build a script that would warp what happend in battles, for example to give fire more power in a particuler place but have found that dispite coolboyman's discovery on how to edit types you need to change the pointers direction to custom data if you want to add more modifiers as i do. Also in that thread there are instructions to do so in GBC games but as i am rewriteing Ruby that will be of little help.

Thanks for your time

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Is this what's meant by "clutter" in Emerald?
roomnz5.png

That's May's room. O.o

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
I've a question (not really, I'm just posting here for the lulz!):

How would I add a 'machine' to my game similair to the PokéNav? I will understand if someone syas something like:
"It would only work if you had a Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald ROM and edit the PokéNav"
Seeing as my hack is a hack of FireRed.

Any ways?
Theres no easy way and you've answered your own question.

ahhhh....back again with another question

in unLZ, what is the code for Professor Oak, and the Boy and Girl Main for Fire Red

you know, in the Intro? thxies
Its not compressed you have to edit it using a tile editor like TileEd, Tile Molestor etc. It'll be near the bottom.

Hello all!

I was wondering if anybody knew of a way to locate pointers to a specific part of data? i wanted to build a script that would warp what happend in battles, for example to give fire more power in a particuler place but have found that dispite coolboyman's discovery on how to edit types you need to change the pointers direction to custom data if you want to add more modifiers as i do. Also in that thread there are instructions to do so in GBC games but as i am rewriteing Ruby that will be of little help.

Thanks for your time
Uhh, what? I'm not sure what you're talking about. Finding pointers is just searching for the following 08[offset reversed]. For example if the offset was 800000 you would search for 08000080 but you can't find the pointer without knowing when the data whose pointer you are trying to find starts.

Grinner

Smiley Face
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 27, 2009
thanks dshayabusa, I do know the data I wanted to find the pointer for, coolboyman was able to find the type's damage modifications and I wanted to be able to repoint the pointer through a script to an edited set of modifications, (for example in a certain area fire might do 10% more damage). That means I could insert in the level script to repoint to my modified info. You seem to know more about it than me, so could I ask if I am going in the right direction if I wanted to do that?

Years
hi I followed Magnius's tutorial to the T for music insertion (I virtual Machined Windows XP home to run sappy 06) anyway the assembling works I replaced battle 5 in fire red (Wild battle) with the Wild battle of D/P when the battle music plays and I make a move (attack) VBA or No$GBA crashesplease help PS the music in non looping

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2015
does anyone know

in pokemon fire red instead of Oak giving you the normal Knato Dex
But give you the natinal Dex instead

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
does anyone know

in pokemon fire red instead of Oak giving you the normal Knato Dex
But give you the natinal Dex instead

you'll have to script it.

my question...
well, I used the search function, but I failed to find an answer to my question so......:\

What's the offset(in hex) of Wally catching a POKéMON 'cause I wanna change the RALTS' level...

Thankies~

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
thanks dshayabusa, I do know the data I wanted to find the pointer for, coolboyman was able to find the type's damage modifications and I wanted to be able to repoint the pointer through a script to an edited set of modifications, (for example in a certain area fire might do 10% more damage). That means I could insert in the level script to repoint to my modified info. You seem to know more about it than me, so could I ask if I am going in the right direction if I wanted to do that?

Um thats not how it works. You can't edit the game data from within the game. The closest you can get is by editing the Memory.

Grinner

Smiley Face
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 27, 2009
Um thats not how it works. You can't edit the game data from within the game. The closest you can get is by editing the Memory.

uhg cant you use write byte to ofset from inside a script or something simmiler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back