• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I need a list. Could someone give me a list of the important flags in Leafgreen? Please?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
I need a list. Could someone give me a list of the important flags in Leafgreen? Please?
Credit goes to thethethethe for these:
0x820 - First Badge
0x821 - Second Badge
0x822 - Third Badge
0x823 - Fourth Badge
0x824 - Fifth Badge
0x825 - Sixth Badge
0x826 - Seventh Badge
0x827 - Eighth Badge
0x828 - Pokemon Menu
0x829 - Pokedex Menu
0x82F - Running Shoes

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
1. Hey, I'm using WindHex for my hack of Gold, but I'm not sure how to edit the wild pokemon that appear on a route. GoldMap doesn't help me out on this.
02AB35 starts a list of wild Pokemon and their locations, in the following format:
[2-byte map number]
[wild Pokemon ratio morn][wild Pokemon ratio day][wild Pokemon ratio nite]
[level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species] (morn)
[level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species] (day)
[level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species] (nite)

The list continues this way until you reach a FF for the first byte, which signifies the end of the list.
3. Is there anyway to 'script' with GS? So how could I make someone come up to you, give you an item, or something like that?
Yes. Take a look in the Documents/Tutorials section and read cooley's tutorial on that subject.

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2008
Ok, this is a really noob question, but...

I'm moving away from the overt simplicity of hacking Advance Gen. games, and am setting my sights on making hacks of gb/gbc games; namely Blue and Gold.

Now here's where the noobness comes in;

I have a hex editor, and have been able to write text to certain parts of the rom, but I'm not sure how to implement that text to be said by one of the characters/signs, because it asks me for a text bank and a text block, whatever that means.

So, what is the Text Bank and Text Block's relation to the text's actual location, in hex, within the rom?

:/

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
I have a hex editor, and have been able to write text to certain parts of the rom, but I'm not sure how to implement that text to be said by one of the characters/signs, because it asks me for a text bank and a text block, whatever that means.

So, what is the Text Bank and Text Block's relation to the text's actual location, in hex, within the rom?
The "text block"/"text bank" label in Goldmap is mislabeled. It has nothing to do with text -- it's actually the two-byte pointer to the script, as you can see if you check out the scripts in hex. To do what you're asking (make it so that people can say things), you should look up scripting; cooley has a tutorial a few pages into the Documents/Tutorials section. And if you haven't already, read up on pointers.

As an aside, Blue is very unfriendly if you don't already know how it works. I recommend sticking with Gold until you have a bit more experience editing GBC games.

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2010
Big request please!!!!!!

i kind a need help hacking my roms.......ok i have a couple of problems.

1.need a link to diamond cutter.
2.how to add scripts in the game.
3.and making scripts that work....

can any body help me please ill seny you a copy of my psp hacking guide. which is real good. especially on custom firmware details. or you can do it of kindness.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
i kind a need help hacking my roms.......ok i have a couple of problems.

1.need a link to diamond cutter.
2.how to add scripts in the game.
3.and making scripts that work....

can any body help me please ill seny you a copy of my psp hacking guide. which is real good. especially on custom firmware details. or you can do it of kindness.

I don't know about the Diamond cutter, but if you use pokescript, you could get some guidance from this tutorial for making scripts and inserting them. Or you could read up thethethethe's scripting tutorial. If you use scripted then this should help you through the basics of making a script and this should help you to compile them. Have fun.

X-aveon

IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
whenever im in the middle of my hack, on visualboy advanced, pokemon ruby (AXVE), whenever a pokemon does string shot, the game freezes. if anyone would be kind to help, thnx. by the way, it might help if someone told me the number for string shot on unlz.gba. thnx.

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2010
Diamond cutter please.

i need diamond cutter....
im trying to compile my scripts and the first rbklog opened now i need diamond cutter to finish it off.
can ya give me a link to "Diamond cutter" or upload your and then give me the link to download..please.......this is all i need to accually start my hack rom......i made the whole map already now i need to chance the script...
please can ya help me

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
i need diamond cutter....
im trying to compile my scripts and the first rbklog opened now i need diamond cutter to finish it off.
can ya give me a link to "Diamond cutter" or upload your and then give me the link to download..please.......this is all i need to accually start my hack rom......i made the whole map already now i need to chance the script...
please can ya help me
Google "birmin studios" and click on the first link. Then, at the top, click on Hack Tools and it should be there.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
whenever im in the middle of my hack, on visualboy advanced, pokemon ruby (AXVE), whenever a pokemon does string shot, the game freezes. if anyone would be kind to help, thnx. by the way, it might help if someone told me the number for string shot on unlz.gba. thnx.
You have either overwritten the picture with the previous pic (find it in a clean rom) or edited wrong the "speed fell" text, It happened to me once while translating that the game froze when using ancientpower (if raised the stats) for similar reasons.

X-aveon

IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
You have either overwritten the picture with the previous pic (find it in a clean rom) or edited wrong the "speed fell" text, It happened to me once while translating that the game froze when using ancientpower (if raised the stats) for similar reasons.

thanx, but, ive looked in a clean rom already for it and i just cant find it. do you know where it is in unlz.gba, and what is the speed fell text?
on unlz.gba, it shows that im missing 194 on my hacked rom is there anyway to insert it?

Last edited:

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Hey, I have a question: This guide was made by Coolboyman, it looks important, but I'm not sure how to use it! So, how can I use it in my hack? I'm using Windhex...

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Melash said:
Hey, I have a question: This guide was made by Coolboyman, it looks important, but I'm not sure how to use it! So, how can I use it in my hack? I'm using Windhex...

They are flags, you can activate them, reset them and check if they are on or off. The codes used are from 31-33 for Bit Table 1 and 34-36 for Bit Table 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back