• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Pure Gold

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
Khorney said:
because the remake is good, and it would be neat to have the very slight differences in a silver version, that's all.

in fact, i'd be willing to help out make a parallel version once this is nearing completion, if necessary.

since the only main differences are the capturing:
[there was a url to bulbapedia specifying the different ones, but i cant post URL's yet =/]

and what wing you get to capture the first legendary bird. and i think its important to keep the trading aspect in a pokemon game =)
Uhm, I don't think there'll be a need for a Silver Version - even by the means of trading. But I'm aiming to let you catch 'em all. I'm not revealing that yet XD But thanks for your offer ^^

Fire Blazer's Avatar Fire Blazer said:
Even if HeartGold is out, I still anticipate this hack a bit. It looks pretty solid and it seems like a lot of work has already been put into it.

I've never heard of unLZ-GBA hacked, but umm, unLZ-GBA itself is extremely outdated. GBA Graphics Editor can do everything unLZ-GBA does and much more. It's also more efficient and can be run on non-Windows operating systems with Mono installed.

I would give you a link but I'd probably be banned or posting links to other websites... to give you an idea, it can load palettes (compressed and uncompressed), graphics (LZ77 compressed and uncompressed), TSA, edit colors, view 4bpp, 8pp, indexed bitmap and truecolor bitmap graphics (IIRC), insert bitmaps with multiple options (abort options, repoint graphics and/or palette), save bitmaps, load TSA/view an image with TSA loaded, and yeah.

IPS patching works too but UPS patching is better IMO. NUPS is the best program for UPS patching but Tsukiyomi works too.

Just some suggestions to try and help a little. Good luck with the hack.
Thanks :) The thing that was hacked in unLZ is just the shell not the inner workings and code, open it in a resource editor and you'll see :) Yeah, I'll check out that new tool when I get time. Regarding the patching, for now it'll remain as IPS but once I exceed that 16MB size then I'll start using UPS. At least that's what I plan to do :P

Anyway, update time. lol I'm by no means dead hehe. Here's what I've been working on for a long long time and finally it's done. I'm glad to be honest.
dzxab9.png

What you see from that screen above is basically the hacked version of Ruby's Trainer Card (involving 14 steps I think) made to look like Fire Red's. It took a long time to crack all the stuff and extend loading for some stuff. Cracking how the text was loaded is just too hard. The star there will be yellow, it's black because the palette isn't edited. Minor differences from Fire Red are only the vertical text positions but I think its good enough. I'll be implementing this on Pure Gold in the next few days.

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
Oh, is it possible to have your party pokemon dispayed on the trainer card?

Years
Nice trainer card. :)
Anyway, will you be changing the tiles in the future? Sorry if somebody has asked this. :P
Good luck!

No, this hack is partially a conversion from Ruby to FireRed. Therefore, the tiles, amongst many other elements of the hack, are from Fire Red.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2014
this is the one i've been searching for a long time,,
thx for making this rom,

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2014
can i ask?
why did i still have the ruby title screen?
and what is the difference between this trainer card and the other trainer card?

Years
Zodiac, if you want I could probably help you make an epic titlescreen and some other stuff. We need to talk about this. Because I got some huge ideas! Not to headbutt into your creation or anything, but I think it could be kool. I gotta get some of my ideas out there. I feel them starting to flow a bit. I had this killer dream last night about a hack.

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
I just noticed that the logo of PueGold is on a metal headband from Naruta. Is this game going to a little like Naruto?

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
It's not a headband just a photoshop random design lol Pokémon and Naruto are two different things bringing them together is a bad idea.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Just in case you haven't noticed, the font you've edited is 1 pixel too low. I compared it with a screenshot from FireRed.

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
I still dont get what the reason was for releasing an alpha. Its just one little town and nothing to be excited about. I feel like I'm wasting my time here waiting for an awesome game to come out. I hope a lot of people are noticing this because its getting on my nerves. Cmon ZodiacDaGREAT. Obviously youve iether been working on this hack or youre just a joke that were never going to understand.

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
sir.euge said:
I still dont get what the reason was for releasing an alpha. Its just one little town and nothing to be excited about. I feel like I'm wasting my time here waiting for an awesome game to come out. I hope a lot of people are noticing this because its getting on my nerves. Cmon ZodiacDaGREAT. Obviously youve iether been working on this hack or youre just a joke that were never going to understand.
A Alpha is just a small preview of this hack and yes it's nothing to be excited about. If you feel you are wasting your time waiting for this hack, then stop waiting it's that simple. You have to know that all hackers on this board have a FREAKIN' LIFE and we can't be bothered HACKING EVERY SINGLE MINUTE OF EVERY SINGLE DAY, we have got SCHOOL and so much MORE. Yes, I hope alot of people are noticing this too, cause HACKING is not an occupation, its a past-time or hobby. Pure Gold is no joke, if only you would have been smart enough to try cheat codes and save states to bypass the Alpha you'll see other cities that are done. Secondly I assure you some of my close circle of friends have received private betas to enjoy :P

To others I know, that this hack is running a bit slow but it's going all in good time to get some stuff implemented... and all for what? For a better gaming experience, if you can't be bothered waiting then I urge you to stop waiting. I will continue to develop my hack, nothing else counts.

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2014

I totally disagree with you. You could use a gameshark code to go through the trees, and you can see a lot of thing is already done. And it's perfect! Cool graphics, everything reminds me the original gold game. Seriously, while I was playing the game, a totally think it's the original gold version, but batter graphics and a lot of any other advantages. Good work, can't wait for the beta! :D

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2010
I have the white screen problem, however, the rom isn't incomplete in any way, it works just fine by itself and changing the save mode from 64k to 128k doesn't do anything either. Is this common?

FloatingClouds

Champion CSSer
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2011
likie :)))))))))))))
It's looks nice and has that wierd fire red mixed with gold feel. Nice.
Except have you put any little easter eggs or such to satisfy the player?

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
FloatingClouds said:
likie ))))))))))))
It's looks nice and has that wierd fire red mixed with gold feel. Nice.
Except have you put any little easter eggs or such to satisfy the player?
You'll see ;) Those will either be secretly hidden or not revealed so you have to play XD

Edit: I uploaded a fixed version of the same Alpha in the first post.

Last edited:
Back