• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Who

Saving the earth with a bowtie
Years
@RHCP: The best thing about crowded roleplays is that when one or two people aren't active you still have the rest xD
Hm it definitely sounds interesting, and sometimes a little change isn't bad. Bulbapedia is definitely the **** though!

Also I've not told you this yet but I find your username quite genius.

@Diamond: My friend's actually reposting that roleplay too xD so that's god me excited (: But I'm curious for yours now.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I'd like very much to see a more organized PMD RP. No offense at all to the ones in existence now; the players seem to be enjoying themselves.

Yeah, that's one positive thing xD Bulpapedia is awesome, but my main source for detailed, organized facts on pokémon is serebii.net. It really has everything I need (unless i want an essay on something, then Bulpapedia is great ^^)

Oh thanks about the name :3 I haven't told you this, but I like your avatar a lot.

Years
@Doctor Who: Oh? Heehee, I've lots of surprise in store for the whole of RP kind. A little leak. I'm so sadistic in my games that I make gym leaders hard to beat. XP

Last edited:

Doctor Who

Years
I just love all the additional information on Bulba, it really helps with roleplays. Get your facts right! B) I'm not a big fan of Serebii besides for news, their news page is incredibly well organized.

Well thank you too, I love the contrast between the tardis and the rest.

And Diamond, sadism isn't always a bad thing >.> It's fun to watch your roeplayers squirm >D

But if any of you need help, just drop me a VM (:

Years
@ Doctor Who:
So agree on that! But I seldom visit Serebii, other than using the Attackdex and Berrydex.
Heheh, the leaders aren't what you think, they cover up their weaknesses quite well. And they're probably EV trained their Pokemon. Oops, too much is going out. *alerts brain to control mouth and stop it from leaking secrets*

Doctor Who

Years
I actually know nothing about EV-ing, don't know how it's done or what it does D: I just play my game people!
But they sound mighty interesting now, damnit you're activating my curiousity!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Sounds very interesting, Diamond :) Gym leaders aren't supposed to be pushovers!

Years
@Doctor Who:
Meheheh! I love the badges too! :P

@RHCP: Thanks for the compliment. They so should not. I get bored of defeating gym leaders in the game. :/

Oh dear! What do I do now? I just saw that there are some new Pokemon RPs and I would like to take part in one, but I can't have 6 RPs ongoing. I still have to wait and see whether my other 2 SUs are accepted, for the GMs are quite inactive. What a dilemma! :S

Last edited:

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
Pokemecha

Here is pokemecha please tell me what to improve.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Years
@pokemongarnet: Sounds like fun and almost like a new spin-off game! It would be great if GF really made a game like that, who knows, they might. And if they do, be sure to claim your credits! xD But 6 people is a tad too little and may die out fast.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
@Doctor Who:
Meheheh! I love the badges too! :P

@RHCP: Thanks for the compliment. They so should not. I get bored of defeating gym leaders in the game. :/

Oh dear! What do I do now? I just saw that there are some new Pokemon RPs and I would like to take part in one, but I can't have 6 RPs ongoing. I still have to wait and see whether my other 2 SUs are accepted, for the GMs are quite inactive. What a dilemma! :S

If the GMs haven't evaluated yet, you could just delete your SU?

And I can't open the spoilers, >.<

Years
Ok, I'm thinking if they don't respond I'll delete mine from the Rue Champions RP. Anyway, that storyline scores the least interesting amounts the RPs I'm in. I'm now having a new life in the RP "Fight against evil". :)

Years
Pokemongarnet, sounds interesting. Maybe you could have something like upgrades for when they "evolve"?

Maybe have the main characters being beginners(or at least not that experienced?) and so they learn and all that stuff?

Don't know, but loving the Gundam-esque plot.

Anyway I've just now noticed Pokemon Trainer's Academy.

Lol. Just lol at the dorm names.

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
@pokemongarnet: Wow! I'd certainly try out for that RP. But don't you think 6 RPers is a little...well, little? What about 8? At least if some people drop out there'd be others more.

Anywho, now that RHCP has accepted me in his Sacred Jewel RP, (thanks :D) I am now a part of two RPs. *insert party here* I guess one more RP won't hurt. ;D

I was thinking of joining a PMD RP but those things are rarely organized. I think I saw someone saying something about making one. Well whoever that was, if you ever make that RP, I'd really like to try to get in xD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I posted the RP I was speaking about earlier, last night. But I quickly changed my mind and asked Michaela to delete it. I want to focus on the 3 RPs I'm in now... but one is almost dead xD To bad, I was having fun ;__; *kicks it* Live again! *stares at the 6th player*

But if it really dies off, I guess I'll post the new one again.

Sounds like many would like to join an organized PMD xD Anyone care to create and maintain one? :3 Maybe it would be best if the GM didn't participate himself.

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
Yeah. I have noticed that when GMs don't participate in their own RPs, the RP actually becomes successful. I can't really explain why that is, but it seems that it's just the best way to go. Anyone care to explain to me why? :3 'Cause Ace has no idea xD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
It's pretty easy to figure out. Most of the GMs who participate in their own RPs really want to play it themselves but can't find a suiting one. So they create it, and then their level of responsibility differs between different RPs and GMs, but some stop acting like a GM and only play along like any other player, because that's what they really wanted.

For the Shards RP... I really wanted to play it ^^ So I tried to come up with strict enough rules and a setting to base your adventures on, beforehand. So that I could pretty much lean back and play like the others.
But I've been thinking... maybe I should scrap my character and simply play the NPCs. That might turn the game into a better experience for you others. But I want to play... >.<

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
You should play if you want to. Besides, it's your RP. No one can stop you from enjoying it yourself. Don't worry about us. The Shards RP is really enjoyable, even if the GM (in this case you) plays with the other characters. And another "besides," this is an InuYasha-Pokémon RP. It's like peanut butter and jelly. A long time ago, they would've thought it was inappropriate to put them together, but look at what has happened now. ;)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Hahahha, I love your metaphor ^^ Thanks :) I'm not going to post again until someone else make a reaction on Kiyoshi's words. Then I want to make Kiyoshi notice that Tei has morphed :D He's eager to see what kinds of pokémon the others are... and he probably wants to battle. That might lead to an interesting situation/dialogue between Kiyoshi and Tei. Or maybe it'll just be uncomfortable for Tei xD

Well, I won't treat this thread like the OOC thread for that RP. I'm sorry for speaking about that too much. Here's the place for more general discussions, of course ^^

I think it can work with the GM playing along like the others, as long as there are clearly defined rules... or very imaginative people~

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
Lol, thanks. That one just popped in my head when I thought of Aipom...don't ask. I have no idea either. Anyway, I agree. As long as there are clear rules or very imaginative RPers, I'm sure everything will be fine. Unless, of course a gigantic mutant monster pops up and destroys Canada! Nevermind that :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back