• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Hmm... if a hipster is someone who rejects the mainstream for independent things, & that becomes the new mainstream... doesn't that defeat the purpose of being a hipster?

This may sound confusing to some, but I've tried my best to ask this as I possibly can...

In a way yes, though that's why I think hipsters should of died out a year or two ago.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Wait what, hipsters are not the same things as hippies...are we living in a post-hippie knowledge society now??

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Hipsters smell.
eVJX9NF.gif

YtbIRjs.gif

Just kidding just kidding :p
My concept of a hipster is an "independent what I think and want is what I do" kinda people. And I'm about 90% sure that I'm wrong.

Years
Oh!! I remember now. Hipsters have a lot to do with irony! Like being nerdy but cool. And then being cool before it was cool. And even more - you think it's cool but you can't act like you think it's cool or else you're just going with the mainstream, so do you really think it's cool? Lots of paradoxes and fun stuff.

I remember discussing this in my political philosophy class, when we were discussing Socrates and irony, and my TA started talking about hipsters XD

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Oh!! I remember now. Hipsters have a lot to do with irony! Like being nerdy but cool. And then being cool before it was cool. And even more - you think it's cool but you can't act like you think it's cool or else you're just going with the mainstream, so do you really think it's cool? Lots of paradoxes and fun stuff.
I actually think I understood your incoherent description of tomatoes right there :)
THERE. IS. LITERALLY. BLOOD. PUMPING. INTO. MY. EYES. RIGHT. NOW
FchtmLV.gif

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Hi. I'm bored, so I've decided to go here in hopes of curing my boredom.

I took French for three years in high school!!

It didn't work. I was hoping for a more exciting conversation.

Well, that's enough DCC for today. Thanks for trying. You can always count on the DCC for quality conversation!!!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
When people say "if it's dead change the topic", that doesn't mean change it to an OVP-style question and make the chat everyone answering that one question....>_o that is not chit-chat. That is OVP lite.

Years
Would posting a picture of an echidna change the topic at all?
echidna-flickr.jpg

WHAT!???

The echidna is an Australian animal! I don't know if the non-Australian members can even recognize it. Maybe this might give me an idea for what the next topic might be about lol. I guess Australian culture?

But yeah, I always get so curious when the DCC has been dead and is in need of a new topic lol.

Years
It looks like a porcupine and an anteater rolled into one.

I don't know how much chit-chat can be had about an echidna.

One thing you should know about Australia is that it has several unique plants and animals that aren't found anywhere else, but yeah who ever knew that an echidna looked like a porcupine mixed with an anteater? Everyone has different thoughts on different animals after all.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I didn't know there were people that didn't know what an echidna was, tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back