• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2009
Heres a few questions I would appreciate to be answered:
1. How do you change Gym Badges on Pokemon Ruby?
2. How do you make it so that you already start of with a pokemon in the beginning, in Pokemon Ruby?
3. How do you add more Legendary pokemon event's on Pokemon Ruby?

Thank you!

Piplup-Trainer

This is my custom user title.
Years
2. How do you make it so that you already start of with a pokemon in the beginning, in Pokemon Ruby?

Thank you!

I can only answer question 3.
There is a program called "PokeTronic".
Wtih this, you can create new Wild Battle Scripts, change the Event-Pokemons and some other options.

I would make a copy of your rom hack before I insert WildBattle Scripts with PokeTronic.

Last edited:

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
can someone tell me how to put pokemon D/P map tiles in to ruby
Err...you just do some tile inserting which can be done via AM or unLZ
More info found here!

Thank you!
1. In unLZ there are the badge sprites, I don't remember the numbers. Search thoroughly.
2. You can hex edit or you can create a script in the beginning which enables you to get a pokemon.
3. Script or use "Poketronic" as said above.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Can someone please give me a pic of Jirachi that can replace charizard @ da atrta of the game plz & thnk u i would like it to be in its original colors

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
in fire red is it possible to start he game with a cutscene rather then the original professor oak scene and have a character identified a different way with the same amount of script? Say rather then meeting oak at the beginning, you're just their as one "dummy" sprite and some1 comes up to you and asks for name and gender then you turn to your Id. If it is possible can some one plz tell me how to replace the annoying new game intro?! thnx in advance!

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2010
When editing trainers with PET, the attacks are really weird, how do I know which attack is which?

natu133

Belive It!
Years
Erm..

What pallete should i edit the Emerald logo in? Or am i supposed to edit it in black and white?

Sorry, i haven't used unLZ in a while..

Last edited:

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
the glitch your having isn't a glitch. It seems to me like your rom crashed as if the percentage is running and everything is white you have to check the memory vviewer and map veiwer. If its blank your game's a gonner (Note: this is only for vba)

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
You have to patch the rombase (.ips) into a clear Firered rom.
A window will open and ask you in which file you would like to patch it to.

Scyther X

Shadow Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2008
does anyone know a shorter way to create .iee files for Iconed or do we have to start from scratch?

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2009
It's not very often that I ask a question 'cause I know most things with hacking, but I need to ask this question or I won't be able to continue in my hack... and you know, that's not a good thing. My question is that I want to either add a map from scratch or change a map's position to another map.

For example, if I wanted to take the second map of Route 8 and then move it to Pallet Town so it is attached to it (and it becomes one of the maps of Pallet Town), how do I do it?

Here's an image to help you better understand it:
questionea4.png

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Piplup-Trainer said:
Hi guys! I have a question about AdvanceMap.

Is it possible to replace maps in other folders (for example I want to replace the Litterroot Town Map into the Petalburg Map). If yes, then how can I do this?

The only way I think you can do that is by repointing the map data.

linkandzelda said:
hello. does anybody know how to repoint anything manuelly in a hex editor?

thanks in advance
link

First you have to find the pointers and then calculate the new pointers that will replace the old ones.

bigsteve said:
had to delete because im not allowed to post URLS

this could be a problem considering the only programming language i can do much in is html .....

would no$gmb work for replacing the title screen?

No$GMB has an ASM editor, but I reckon it would be easier in a hex editor.

madman.92 said:
can someone tell me how to put pokemon D/P map tiles in to ruby

You can just export the tileset using Advance-Map then change it in an image editing program, then just import it back into the ROM using Advance-Map.

Quilava's Master said:
Can someone please give me a pic of Jirachi that can replace charizard @ da atrta of the game plz & thnk u i would like it to be in its original colors

This is not a request thread.

KanouKono said:
in fire red is it possible to start he game with a cutscene rather then the original professor oak scene and have a character identified a different way with the same amount of script? Say rather then meeting oak at the beginning, you're just their as one "dummy" sprite and some1 comes up to you and asks for name and gender then you turn to your Id. If it is possible can some one plz tell me how to replace the annoying new game intro?! thnx in advance!

You can possibly change the introduction using ASM, would be difficult though. But you can change the sprites in the introduction.

barca said:
When editing trainers with PET, the attacks are really weird, how do I know which attack is which?

The problem with PET is that it does not have a "No Attack" option before "Pound", so you have to choose the one below to get the right move, otherwise you an use hex to change the moves also.

natu133 said:
What pallete should i edit the Emerald logo in? Or am i supposed to edit it in black and white?

Sorry, i haven't used unLZ in a while..

Black and White would be easier then the messed up colours, so you probably have to.

lmg123 said:
can someone tell me how to delete a glitch in my hack pokemon?
(The screen turns into white and nothing will happen)
How?

Set your emulators save type to Flash 128K, go to Options > Emulation > Save Type > Flash 128K.

Keyrin said:
It's not very often that I ask a question 'cause I know most things with hacking, but I need to ask this question or I won't be able to continue in my hack... and you know, that's not a good thing. My question is that I want to either add a map from scratch or change a map's position to another map.

For example, if I wanted to take the second map of Route 8 and then move it to Pallet Town so it is attached to it (and it becomes one of the maps of Pallet Town), how do I do it?

Here's an image to help you better understand it:
questionea4.png

As I stated in a post above, you would need to repoint that data to the bank.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
thanks blazichu.

i have another problem now. i used zels tutorial to eddit the tms. when i look at them they say what i want but the description of the tm is that of the old moves and there not learnabe.

this is quite important otherwise i might have to quit my hack which ive been working on for 1 year now.

thanks in advance
link

Ghost...

Unknown Ghost of Pokemon Tower
Years
Excuse me? I can't seem to find a text editor, or something to make my own pokemon to put in the spaces where the unkown were, can someone help me? (I've already looked in the tool showcase)

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Im trying to start a hack and i have a few qestions

1)How do you change the whole beginning with prof.oak in fire red to make him catch and give you a pikachu?

2)How do you edit the rivals pokemon?

3)Is there any way you can make pikachu follow you without editin your sprite?

Thanks in advance for anyone who helps me answer these.

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2009
Im trying to start a hack and i have a few qestions

1)How do you change the whole beginning with prof.oak in fire red to make him catch and give you a pikachu?

2)How do you edit the rivals pokemon?

3)Is there any way you can make pikachu follow you without editin your sprite?

Thanks in advance for anyone who helps me answer these.
I'm guessing that you've never hacked before, because these are pretty newbish questions if you have.

1) You would have to change the script to it.

2) You would have to change the script to it.

3) It hasn't been figured out yet. It isn't possible. If it was, then ASM would be the only way to make it happened.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
I'm guessing that you've never hacked before, because these are pretty newbish questions if you have.

1) You would have to change the script to it.

2) You would have to change the script to it.

3) It hasn't been figured out yet. It isn't possible. If it was, then ASM would be the only way to make it happened.

ok thanks,but what scripts would i have to use to make him catch a pikachu and go back into the lab and keep talkin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back