• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Balance of Power Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tek

Years
Foreword: This challenge was directly inspired by the Base-Stat-Total (BST) Limit Challenge, because when I saw the name of that challenge, I expected it to look like this one! The spirit of this challenge, however, is more similar to the NFE challenge.

The premise here is fairly simple. At all times during your playthrough, the sum total of your Pokemon's BSTs must not exceed 1600. Detailed rules are given below.

RULES:

I - The Balance of Power: The sum total of the individual BSTs of your team members must not exceed 1600. If any action (capture, trade, evolution, or egg hatch) causes the overall BST total to exceed 1600, you must restart from your previous save. Unsolicited advice: save often, and plan ahead.

II - Created Equal: All pokemon and all games are allowed. However, if you are playing a game in which the special defense stat doesn't exist, you must double the base Special stat for each Pokemon when calculating BSTs.

III - Foreign Investment: If the pokemon you want to use is unobtainable or unavailable until late/post-game, you may hack or trade it in at any time. If the Pokémon you want to use is in an egg on a different game than the one you're taking the challenge on, it may be traded to the challenge game at any time. Hacked/traded pokemon must be at a reasonable level relative to your progress in the game (lv 1-5 Jirachi at start of game is OK, lv 10-15 Jirachi at start of game is not OK). If you are able, trade eggs so that the pokemon has your OT/Trainer ID.

OPTIONAL RULES:

IV - Copyright Infringement: The sum total of any particular base stat may not exceed 400. In other words, the combined total of your team's base Speed stats may not exceed 400, and likewise for all other stats. If any action (capture, trade, evolution, or egg hatch) causes the overall base total of any stat to exceed 400, you must restart from your previous save.

V - The Hard-Knock Life: No restarts. If rule I or IV is broken, it's game over. Start challenge again from the beginning or give up.

SIGN-UP FORMAT

Username: <name>
Game: <title>

If you are using an optional rule, make note of it during sign-up. Optional rules may not be added or dropped after a challenge has begun.

CHALLENGERS:

Spoiler:

CHAMPIONS:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Tek

Years
First update:

Got Pikachu! Oak made me open all the other Pokeballs even though he knew they were all empty... rude.

I had to run from some Spearow on Route 1. I kind of freaked out and stole some girl's bike when she said Pikachu was hurt. Whoops.

At Viridian's Pokémon Center I ran into some "Team Rocket" clowns in uniforms, sent them packing. I beat them again in Viridian Forest, which is where I am now.

Current Team:

RebelSoul the Pikachu
Serious Male Lv 10
Thundershock/Growl/Tail Whip/Thunder Wave

I've already decided what the rest of my team will be: Wartortle, Ivysaur, and Charmeleon. Part of the reason I chose AshGray is that all of these will be obtainable along the way. I've wanted to do a playthrough using those three for a while now. On a side note, this hack is really fun so far.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Locking by request of Tek. If anyone would like to take over this challenge, just shoot me a message. Tek has already told me whoever wants it can have it.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back