• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen N is Zoroark?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I think, after reading over the speculation and such, N is himself and not Zoroark; it would be weird if Gamefreak went in that direction...​

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Pretty much my thoughts. I don't think a Zoroark could control a Reshiram/Zekrom anyway.

Interesting point, but remember Pokémon have controlled others in the past. Since Zoroark can make illusions, he may have made the legendaries perceive him as a chosen one, and obey.

It's a cool theory, I support the 'switched at some point in their life' idea. But doesn't that make the baby Zorua of N's you get to be his child or something? ;__;.

Years
Here is a possibility.
N is human always and is present during B/W. He then leaves after the Reshiram/Zekrom encounter.

Sometime between The events of BW & BW2 a Zoroark takes the identity of N.
This Zoroark is present in N's Castle during BW2 and is disguised as N.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Can Zoroark even disguise themselves as things/people they've never met or don't exist? If not, N would have had to existed as a human originally.

Every time I've seen a Zoroark turn into a human they've kept their tail, too.

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2023
Yah I think Livewire makes a lot of sense.Maybe Zoroark went to normal form in front of the "Hero" as a plan because if Zoroark got away fast when the "Hero" found N then Zoroark could have lost the "Hero" right in the beginning if wanted.N maybe wanted to be hidden so he sent Zoroark to lure the "Hero" to him.

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2014
xShadow: Actually, that's a pretty good theory. I'll even go farther and say that the "N" we see in the video is the Zoroark used by N in B/W.

Keiran777: There are many theories out there, a few already on this thread ("Zoroark is disguised as a young Ghetsis", Zoroark this, Zoroark that). I wont even point any particular theory (I think I just did that though) but I'll say that this last thing you said is false. The only stance of this happening was with the Zorua in the movie. It's mother, a Zoroark, could perfectly imitate others, without any traces of it's real self. Besides, that was only a child Zorua. Maybe it was a unique trait of that Zorua, or maybe as a child he didn't know how to proper transform. Please note however, that I haven't watched the anime, and I heard that there's a boy with a Zorua in it, but even if that Zorua still had it's tail while transforming into people (that's assuming it transformed at all) it still would have been just a Zorua, not Zoroark. And if you need any further proof that they do not keep their tais while tranforming, just look at the games. The Illusion ability perfectly copies the appearance of other pokémon.

And to people saying Zoroark couldnt possible control Zekrom/Reshiram, my theory is that the legendary dragon is with the Illusion Pokémon for no other reason than because it trusts it. Both are owned by N, so N could have left the dragon with the Zoroark exactly so that Zoroark could test the strentgh of the player and then pass onto the dragon to someone deserving. I believe that inside Giant Chasm, it is N that saves the player, the battle with the Dragon it is Zoroark, and the battle after it is the real N, while it's appearance in Dragonspiral Tower might be either. But N giving the Dragon to Zoroark would explain why during the first battle at N's Castle he has only the dragon in his party, don'tchu guys think?

Anyway, that was my opinion.

igotpokeballz

x999 Thanks To Action Replay
Years
Mabey N is Zoroark, because Zoroark could even be someone not real but from a painting or even a cartoon o_O for all we know, he's disguised as a 2 centrys old man that died at a young age!

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I think we should go back to the fact that N does in fact own a Zoroark in Black and White, and why would a Zoroark have the intentions that N had in the first game? You can argue that Zoroark might have wanted Pokemon to be free because he disliked how they were treated, but think; that was Ghetsis' cover up idea, not N's. N's role was simply to show that you can pursue your ideals and he was just a pawn in Ghetsis' game.

Zoroark is not N.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
I've never played BW2, so this is coming from a B/W approach:
At the end of the game, we really don't know what happened to N. It was a while ago that I beat the game, but didn't he like jump out of the big floating castle? (I remember not seeing him exit the room, though in the games, most NPC's are seen exiting the room after their bit of text if they do leave.) Which means, perhaps the true "N" is dead, but his Zoroark is alive. He bonded with Zorua as a kid, and the Zorua simply took over his identity.
(Does anybody else remember a Ninetails that took over its owners identity after some dude never returned in the anime?) So...yeah.
B/W = Human.
BW2 = Zoroark.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I've never played BW2, so this is coming from a B/W approach:
At the end of the game, we really don't know what happened to N. It was a while ago that I beat the game, but didn't he like jump out of the big floating castle? (I remember not seeing him exit the room, though in the games, most NPC's are seen exiting the room after their bit of text if they do leave.) Which means, perhaps the true "N" is dead, but his Zoroark is alive. He bonded with Zorua as a kid, and the Zorua simply took over his identity.
(Does anybody else remember a Ninetails that took over its owners identity after some dude never returned in the anime?) So...yeah.
B/W = Human.
BW2 = Zoroark.

At the end of Black and White he flies off on the back of the Dragon he captures. Its said later in the game while looking for the sages that N was seen heading towards another region.

WillPowerPedro

https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2022
I think N could be. Or maybe N and Zoroark have some connection that... hm. Yeah N is Zoroark. :P

Sirfetch’d

Could be a possible storyline for a possible B3&W3.
Hope not though.

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2012
Wow, I don't even think about that myself! Great discovery man!

But you know, I don't think the N in N's castle is Zoroark, because N owns a Zoroark, and you will be battling him and his Zekrom/Reshiram, if he's not the real N, then how can he orders Zerkrom/Reshiram to do moves? If you still wanna say he's not the real N, then I will say Zekrom/Reshiram are legendary Pokemon, and they will only realize and obey their hero/trainer. So they won't probably be able to battle the player if it's not N ordering his legendary dragon.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2020
When N was younger he had a Zorua. So as he grew with it, Zorua became his favorite Pokemon. Zoroark would then become his 'signature' Pokemon. We know how much people in the Pokemon world like to style themselves after Pokemon. /N's hair.

Exactly this.

There are some trainers who are so attached to their Pokemon that they style themselves after them.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
At the end of Black and White he flies off on the back of the Dragon he captures. Its said later in the game while looking for the sages that N was seen heading towards another region.
o.o; Oops. It's been a while since I played B/W xD However, flying towards another region works as well. For all we know, N is off somewhere in GEN 6, giving advice to PLAYER about some gunk involving following your dreams and pursuing your ideals. Back in Unova, Zoroark was left behind to help PLAYER because N knew in advance that Team Plasma would strike again. Zoroark simply helps N be two places at once. So...
B/W: Human
BW2: Zoroark
GEN6: *speculation/prediction* Human

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
o.o; Oops. It's been a while since I played B/W xD However, flying towards another region works as well. For all we know, N is off somewhere in GEN 6, giving advice to PLAYER about some gunk involving following your dreams and pursuing your ideals. Back in Unova, Zoroark was left behind to help PLAYER because N knew in advance that Team Plasma would strike again. Zoroark simply helps N be two places at once. So...
B/W: Human
BW2: Zoroark
GEN6: *speculation/prediction* Human

N will not be in Gen 6, unless he is like Cynthia and just appears because he was popular.

And since he is in possession of the Dragon he catches in B/W, that should confirm it is the real N.

Also, remember that 2 years passed between B/W and B2W2, so N could have been gone the whole time. Remember he says his dragon told him Kyurem was in trouble, so he came back to Unova to help Kyurem.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
I think Zoroark could be N because notice how N calls Ghetsis father after the Kyurem battle. So Zoroark could take the form as younger Ghetsis therefore Zoroark has the mentality that Ghetsis gave him his Identity. Also, like everyone else is saying, he can communicate with Pokemon. Wouldn't be a surprise since Meowth learned english too and can speak to other Pokemon. And the trainer from 2 years ago looking for N and couldn't find him is because N was Zoroark living in the Forest. Well that's what I think :).

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Heh, I was one of those people arguing for N being a Zoroark; think about it, Zoroark disguises as the last Pokemon in the party, and Ghetsis is the man behind Team Plasma...it would explain why N and Ghetsis look so similar.

But alas, in B2W2 it is confirmed that N is but a human with a superhuman ability. After playing through the game there is really no reason to continue thinking he is actually a Pokemon, as amusing as it was after playing BW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back