• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Possible new Pokemon Storage System Mechanics?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Well, of course, the Pokemon Storage System, or the PC, allows Pokémon to be stored and transmitted as computer data, and allows Trainers to keep more than the six Pokémon allowed in the party. In the latest edition of pokemon, Pokemon Gen 5, there is about 24 boxes in which each box can store up to 30 pokemon.

So, knowing this, would you like the PC Storage System to be improved in Pokemon X&Y, like, maybe having more boxes that you can store even more pokemon? But more than that, would you like the ability to transfer PC boxes to other games? For example, there are SD cards on the 3Ds. Could you transfer pokemon boxes in that? If you remember on Pokemon BW, we got the ability to either keep Zekrom or Reshiram in our party, or transfer it to our PC system. Would you like that ability to freely choose to transfer pokemon to the PC system, or keep it in our party for another?

More on to more miscellaneous stuff, PC boxes always have some sort of wallpaper to them. What sort of PC wallpapers for PC would you like to have this time? Finally, would you like to have rewards for filling out your Pokemon Boxes with a certain number of pokemon?

Do you have any other hopes or ideas for PC Box mechanics so that it will be more convenient for you? Feel free to add any thoughts you might have here!

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I think a way to organize our boxes easier is desperately needed. Having to move around one Pokémon at a time takes forever, so I'd love to be able to move multiple things at once to make it faster and easier. As for opening up the PC anywhere, I don't think that'll happen as convenient as it would be, because part of how PCs work is having a way to send Pokémon to the PC manually, and I'd imagine you couldn't carry that around with you as you're walking.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I think a way to organize our boxes easier is desperately needed. Having to move around one Pokémon at a time takes forever, so I'd love to be able to move multiple things at once to make it faster and easier. As for opening up the PC anywhere, I don't think that'll happen as convenient as it would be, because part of how PCs work is having a way to send Pokémon to the PC manually, and I'd imagine you couldn't carry that around with you as you're walking.

You CAN move multiple Pokemon at once , you could ever since Late Gen 3.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years

Well I'll be darned, I never figured out that feature. If that's the case, actually telling us the feature is available instead of leaving us to figure it out would be a welcome addition to the new games =P

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years

Well i honestly didn't know that either...

But back to the topic, i like a lot of the ideas that were proposed, especially copying the boxes on the sd card. This would make trades between games so much easier, especially if you own more than one copy of the game. AND you wouldn't lose your beloved pokemon if you wanted to start a new adventure! I would love for the boxes to have an option of "arranging" the pokemon depending on certain criteria, like their primary type or level. This would make the job of keeping the boxes neat so much easier.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Well, of course, the Pokemon Storage System, or the PC, allows Pokémon to be stored and transmitted as computer data, and allows Trainers to keep more than the six Pokémon allowed in the party. In the latest edition of pokemon, Pokemon Gen 5, there is about 16 24 boxes in which each box can store up to 30 pokemon.
Bold corrected.

Actually, I don't think you can in the original B/W. I found red and blue options, but yellow for multi-move didn't show.

Cyclone

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Bold corrected.

Thanks for the correction. :)

Anyway, does anyone remember the Pokemon Box that's on GameCube, that works for Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire? I kind of want the PC Storage System to function like that. First of all, the boxes can hold up to 60 Pokemon; that's way more space! Secondly, maybe there can be a function to observe your pokemon in a new stand point -- like, say, 3D figurines. So, maybe there will be 3D works of the pokemon that you can observe. Maybe that's possible with the 3Ds functions?

Back