• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Hello there! I want to ask something....
What is Blog for?
And how I start to using it? Thanks anyway for helping me. I'll be waiting for your answer. ^_^
'Blog' is a special feature for those who donated till Tier 2-3, hit 5.000 posts or either got modded. It's like a journal for you to express yourself or either wanna share a LOL.

So, donate or either post hard if you wanna blog.

Years
'Blog' is a special feature for those who donated till Tier 2-3, hit 5.000 posts or either got modded. It's like a journal for you to express yourself or either wanna share a LOL.

So, donate or either post hard if you wanna blog.

5000 post? Arrgghh! I'll never reach it on time. Probably I gonna die first before reaching a supreme post like that. lol
Anyway, Arigatou Gozaimasu~

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Hey, I tried searching for this but couldn't find anything specific. I was wondering if it is possible to get notifications (not email, just normal ones in the top corner of the screen, like for VMs, friend requests, etc) for when someone quotes your post. I've seen this elsewhere and it is nice not to have to go look for a reply if you've been away for a few days.

To be clear, I know there is a subscription option, which notifies for every post, but was wondering if we could just get quote ones.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
We've discussed having that implemented but so far there's been nothing done. Maybe one day, but at the present time, that isn't possible.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
How do I post a video to my home page? I've read the directions but it only show's a blank box where the video should be.

openkaart

Chilling like snorlax
Years
help

Hi I'm not sure iff i'm at the right place for this.
but my question is about never black and white but that threat is closed.
so where can I ask my question?

My queation is : im stuck at busque arnica(spanish version) im stuck at the down left corner
I jump down a ledge and there is an exit there but I can get out.

What to do?

And is there an english version?

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Hi I'm not sure iff i'm at the right place for this.
but my question is about never black and white but that threat is closed.
so where can I ask my question?

My queation is : im stuck at busque arnica(spanish version) im stuck at the down left corner
I jump down a ledge and there is an exit there but I can get out.

What to do?

And is there an english version?
Sorry but unless you provide an English name, much people are useless here & yes, there is an English BW that has been released for over a year now.

FYI, the BW Quick Questions thread isn't closed, in fact, it's right here.

Hope u get a good answer.

openkaart

Chilling like snorlax
Years
thnx for the reply

is the BW you talked about the same as NeverBlack&White?
link here pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=129650
becaus this threat is closed.

Years
I have a new question, one of the s-mods told me to stop using an avatar/sig cos it was identical to that of another member.

However, when Counterfeit was using mine back in July he didn't get reported.

Is it true you have to ask permission before using an avatar/sig that someone has already used? Cos I'm so confused and I don't want to break the rules.

droomph

weeb
Years
I wouldn't think that is the case.

However, to be fair, you should ask the original owner of the profile theme if you can use it first.

Although I think it's up to the original profile owner if they feel they don't like theirs to be copied, and thus reported/action taken.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
Hello!
Well, I'd like to ask something...I guess many do know of the fact that name changes are forbidden about 2 years ago...But then, why do a few mods that I've stumbled upon have changed their names way after the forbidding of name changes? Of course, it was written before by parallelzero:

"Again, we're sorry for the inconvenience and wish we could keep doing them, but remember that name changes were a privilege, not a right."

And there IS the word "privilege" and maybe mods DO have the privilege, but still...this was written by Lightning:

"Well, technically we'd still be "able" to change any name, but that doesn't mean we will. :/ The whole point of this is that changing names isn't good for the database so we're discontinuing the option. Staff are not exempt."

"Staff are not exempt." So, wouldn't this mean that mods are also forbidden to change their name? Then why can they do so, actually? Well, in truth, they actually asked for an Assistant Admin's help to change their very own username...And they might just have access to the DB, much like any other PC Site Admin. But still... Can anyone answer? I'm just a bit curious...

(Sorry if this would flare any problems...I hope not.)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
"Staff are not exempt" means that staff cannot get name changes either. The only names that have been changed were changed because Ausaudriel was testing different ways to change names and he took volunteers off of the irc channel, it just happened to be staff members that were chosen.

Yoshiko75

Shadow of the Night
Years
Posting Video?

Hello, I made a video of my Pokemon collection and uploaded it to YouTube. I would like to share it here on PokeCommunity. Are we allowed to post links to videos? Also, is there a thread already started for Pokemon collections?

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
Hello!
I just opened the forum and seemed to find this in a spot near my signature:

Post liked by people. - Like

And everyone else seems to be having that. What is this about anyway? In the olden days, it didn't even exist.
Thanks.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Hello!

And everyone else seems to be having that. What is this about anyway? In the olden days, it didn't even exist.
Thanks.

It's a new feature which is still under testing. It's only just been implemented and isn't working properly yet, so give it some time to be all worked out and whatnot.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Hello!

Thanks.

It's a new idea one of our administrators is testing. It's not fully functional however, but I can assume that if you like another members post, you can show your interest or support by clicking that link and liking it. It seems to be similar to that of the feature on Facebook.

Not sure if it's permanent or just a trial, but time will tell!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
Hello!
Well, I pretty much saw something that kinda breaks the rules, problem is...it's a signature. How can I report this thing? Or should I leave it? Plus, just curious, but if a user breaks the rules outside of forum posts/threads and anything pretty much reportable, how can I report that exact person?

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
You can simply report the post and then when they ask why just type in the signature n_n.The staff will get right on it and warn the user if they find the signature violating rules.I'm not sure if you report users for breaking rules outside of forums,so I'll let the next person answer that :3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back