• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your game ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I'm thinking about making a PMD game that plays similarly to Ruby Destiny Rescue Rangers hack made by destinedjagold. Instead of using precreated maps as dungeons, i will use the random dungeon generator in Pokemon Essentials instead. Also make more dungeons so you won't go through the same dungeon over and over again.

I don't know if i should allow capturing wild pokemon or not because many storyline events will forbid using them, and in sequels(if i won't make them into the same game that is) all pokemon you had in the previous game/s will be lost.

Thoughts?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 23, 2015
Hi there,

I have recently come up with an idea for a new pokemon region. It will include all of it's own pokemon (a whole bunch of new ones!) and a new storyline. Here we go!

POKEMON WITH 3 TYPES!!!!!!!

Evil teams : Team X

New Starters:

Kattorch, Tigrame, and Searlion = Fire/ ghost

Quifly, Jaylake , and Gustraquia = water/flying

Viplant, Cobleaf, and Anacontree = Grass/Poison

New types=
Gravity
Laser
Light
Abnormal
Sound
Glitch

Gyms=
normal
water
fight
Gravity
Ghost/fire
ice
dark
Laser

Misc.

Negative zone ( like distortion world, but eviler)
Name = Pokemon Plus/ Minus
More mega evolution.
De-evolution!
New safari Games.
CONTESTS GALORE!!!!!
Aerial Routes.
Arena battling (maybe) - All battles happen in a virtual arena/location , allowing TV-style dodges, counters, and Contest Moves. This idea would require a lot of reprogramming on the battle sequences, but it might work.
Ride more pokemon!
After the leauge- travel back to Kanto!

Some new pokemon ideas=

Shupplume - Skeareton = Ghost/fire
Totectric- Rock/psy/elec
Helichoptree- Fly/fight/grass
Gyraid- Gravity
Aileate- Abnormal
Draceon- Dragon eevelution
Serpectric- Water/electric
Cannontar- Laser/ Fire
MissingNo.- Glitch ( no, duh)

I would like if I could get support and feedback on this before I start on making it.

EDIT: I have attached a beta sprite for Quifly to this post- but i dont have much talent in it, as it is my first pokemo
This tutorial helped me a lot with spriting. Search for spriting tutorial because I can't post links yet. Right now I'm actually making one with pokemon essentials with Fairy and Cosmic(combining laser and gravity) You have some good ideas but I agree with the other guy with 3 types not working. I combined the three legendary dogs to make it fire/water with volt absorb to make it kind of like having 3 types. I thought about sound before too but the sound attacks work well as sp normal attacks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Snap.

So yeah, essentially I found myself being in way over my head, I practiced using both software for hacking Fire Red roms as well as learning RMXP but didn't find myself really advancing in either as I feel this is a rather complex thing to achieve. I mainly just specialize in Photoshop, and bit off more than I could chew, but I thought I'd at least share the idea so as it wasn't a complete waste of time and perhaps maybe inspire someone else to do a similar or as unusual Pokemon hack/remake.

Anyways, adios.

I don't think it would be that complex to make, just maybe tiring since you you have to change almost everything, like Pokemon(Superheroes in this case), moves, abilities, TMs etc...

It's a pretty neat idea, sadly you are dropping it.

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2014
Pokemon Colosseum: Shadow Evolution

Welcome to the WIP thread for the game I am working on in my nonexistant free time. It will be made in RPG Maker XP - and as the title suggests, is a Remake/Sequel to Pokemon Colosseum. With the original's focus on Story, and Shadow Pokemon also present.

I plan to have it feature Orre, in all its glory, but set twenty years from the last Colosseum game.

Summary:
Orre is flourishing. Advances in technology and in Pokemon, have lead to the once desolate region becoming habitable in some places.
Phenac, Pyrite, The Under are the same as ever, but new towns and villages, Grantian Town, Amthyston City, Reaglam Town, Aurem Town and the spawling Capital, Heliotropolis.
In MT Battle, the Pokemon League has a presence. Gyms are coming into existence.

Everything seems well.

But it is not.

Shadows are moving in a Laboratory, untouched for decades.
Citedark Island has one again become engulfed in darkness...

The Shadows are moving again. With new secrets, new Twists.

The Discovery of Mega-Evolution should have heralded a new age of Pokemon. Instead, its power may lead to its destruction.

Features:

4th Gen Tiles!
Featuring... All 700+ Pokemon!
The Return of both Mt Battle - and an official League!
Shadow Pokemon!
Fairy Pokemon!
New Shadow Moves!
Remakes of favourite sities!
A new story!
New Mega Evolutions!

Phenac City To be added Shortly.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Dec 13, 2015
I'll start off with a brief introduction. My name's Dave and I've begun undertaking a project of creating a Pokemon MMO (for now titled Pokemon World Online...PWO). I want to set one thing straight before I go on. This project is intended to be true to the concept of MMO. This will not simply be a game with multiplayer aspects. It revolves around what makes a MMO just that...multiplayer. I have played with a few ideas such as start by releasing only the Kanto region, and then releasing subsequent regions (Johto, Hoenn, etc) in expansions. Another idea was to release all (current) regions simultaneously and allows players to choose their starting point. Since the latter holds more true to what a real MMO is like, that's what I've decided to go with.

Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Kalos and Unova will all be released at the same time. Given the vastness of such an undertaking I don't expect this full release to happen for quite some time. Even Beta (of only a few areas in each region) will be MONTHS away. Many people (including those at Nintendo) have felt that Pokemon isn't (currently) suited for what the MMO realm demands from a game. However, given my education in Game Design and experience from both sides of the table when it comes to video games, I see how it IS possible. Once again, however, since I'm the only one that has publically seen how a TRUE Pokemon MMO can be done I'll be holding the details very close to my chest. What I will say about the project is this...

The game will be a fully 3D world (not 2.5D as seen in the newer DS games). It will have day and night cycles. Pokemon breeding will be a KEY element of the game. Legendary Pokemon will be featured. Even concepts from Pokemon Ranger and Colliseum will be evident in the game. Because it is a TRUE MMO, however, most (if not all) of the trainer battles will be PvP. It will feature all Pokemon to date. The game will be completely non-profit and all credit will be given where it is due. Servers will be online 24/7 and be regulated (not player created as can be seen with the pokemon3d.net game). The game will remain as canon as possible (with the exception of some things that HAVE to be edited for MMO purposes). With that being said battles WILL REMAIN TURN-BASED. The mechanics which make the Pokemon games work depend on turn-based game-play. However, these will be full 3D battles such as can be seen in Pokemon Battle Royale with fully working attack animations and Pokemon actually reacting to the attacks performed against them.

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2023
I don't think it would be that complex to make, just maybe tiring since you you have to change almost everything, like Pokemon(Superheroes in this case), moves, abilities, TMs etc...

It's a pretty neat idea, sadly you are dropping it.

Perhaps not complex, but it was too challenging for me, I couldn't even figure out how to replace the Pokemon sprites with the Superhero ones I had. Let alone editing the moves, abilities, items etc...

But yeah, I wish I had more time available to really attempt the project.

jacktheking

Hatched Egg
Years
Milkmon

Introduction

Hello everyone, my name is jacktheking. I have been a web developer for a few years. Yet, I only manage to create a three simple project (Image Generator, Wishing Well and MyBB Plugin) .

Making my very own RPG game is always a dream. Well, I'm not going to wait anymore! Last week, I started researching and developing my game, Milkmon. I'll be buying a top-level domain soon. Also, this game will be hosted on a free hosting company.

Programming Languages
  • HTML
  • CSS
  • JavaScript
  • PHP

Game Description
Milkmon is a unique browser based MMORPG game. In the game you are no longer a trainer. You, are a creature! Explode the milky region, battle with others, collect DNA and transform yourself into a much powerful Milkymon!

I'm going to come out with more ideas soon.

Feature:
- New Monster (Milkmon)
- DNA collecting
- Gyms Battle
- NPCs Battle
- Transform
- Currency
- Clans
- Forums & Chatroom [Third Party]

Progress Report:

- Login and Register Script [READY]
- Battles Script [READY]
- Currency Script [Work in progress]
- DNA Script
- Clans
- Transform

Credits:
MyBB - Forums & Chatroom

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
Scratch-e-mon

This is a project that me and my friend have started. It is made with a web-based program meant for making 2d flash games. When finished it will be a remake of Pokemon fire red. So far we only have picking a Pokemon, the rival battle and the intro done. It is our first attempt at a game so it won't be the best and the sprites are from Google not made so expect inconsistencies. But once we finish, it should be decent. We don't know if we will continue it or not but we are leaning towards continuing it. It would be great if we could get some feedback on it.

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2014
Me and a friend of mine started like 1 or 2 years ago a game named Pokemon Solaris(RPG Maker XP game) and we want to restart the project and make a new game. The game will take place in new all continental region(until now), will contain gen 6 pokemon/attacks/abilities and the fairy type. Story wise, we are still thinking about that. We already made the teams for Gym leaders, Elites, Champion and other important characters. We are thinking making the game more mature a little bit, the protagonist being 18 years old and having a back story, so there will be complex characters in the game. It is still an idea, but the big thing is that we can't program events in RPG Maker XP.

ben96atkinson

Pokémon Spiral
Years
:donut: Hey Pokécommunity, :donut:

I have a brand new online Pokémon RPG just started :rambo:, I have been studying other online RPG's and they all lack excitement and mysteries etc. so I've decided to start this as a project, so in a sentence, Pokémon Spiral is an online RPG to play, battle and catch the different types of Pokémon to become the master.

How will Pokémon Spiral be different? :tired:
Events, lot's of maps, secret locations, mysteries, medals, and loads more still in planning. Oh and, unlike DelugeRPG and that, there will be no advertisements! :cool:

When will it be released? :tired:
Whenever it is ready to be published! :laugh:

Thanks for reading,
Ben. :sean:

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 29, 2014
Roots of pokemon

Hi everyone, I'll make this quick and simple.
The universe of pokemon, the idea, the concept. we have the perfect ingredients to make everyone dream and have fun, even to be proud of what we can accomplish with this (kind) of rpg game. but will we stop screwing the recipe? I am an old pokemon fan, not anymore thought, I stopped at pokemon heart gold that was really good because it was a recycled version of an excellent game. BUT there is a difference between recycling good stuff, and make people think they get something new with a game with new weird pokemon that are in many ways the same as the old ones but in a more wtf ugly version. I have been waiting so many years for the pokemon company to simply evolve damn. now I'm pissed, if you want every fan back and have all the new kids in it too then take my ideas, for free ok? would it be simple, to make a game with good raw graphics and badass actions( like heart gold ) not girlish, cutish manga no sense(ish) graphs like pokemon black or X and whatever after. AND to return to the pokemons who launch you so high, yeah I'm talking about the first 3 gens, no more ok, If you sell today its because there is so many people on earth, not cause its good. THEN, ok follow close to this one ((( a gba like game where you are a trainer roaming the world to catch and fight pokemons, IN 3D!! OPEN WORLD, between the first 3 régions, AND that you are fully controlling your pokemon in third person view in combat yeah that's right, AND with a free roam mode for fun where you can go the F*** you want on the map with your pokemon, no trainer this time, AND to have multiplayer side quests like go beat em all team rockets you know. put in there stadiums, tournements a good story line that let you meet the characters like ash and company while YOU are a fully customisable character like you can edit your face voice and cloths, everything. I have so many more ideas, juste pour anything good you know into it and make it happen.
PS, I'm still playing heart gold and I haven't lost hope of seeing your past glory reborn

PinkCatDragon

The 17 year old programer. Now byte off
Years
This is an idea i had that i might make that combinds a lot of game into one.
it a pokemon board game style video game. where you have to reach the end of maze before some one else use diffrent abiltys. like the main pokemon game pokemon have four moves
one Assist,Field,Damage and Support
For example
Quilava
Assist: if you are standing next to a frozen ally. rolling a 10 or higher will set them free
Field:This Pokemon can walk over lava if this turn it rolls a 12 or higher
Damage:A foe next too you is burned (there dice roll halved except 1) for (dice roll) turns
Support:Every 5 turns this pokemon moves one space
There will not be abiltys to not over complcate the game.
the video game will roll a 16 sided dice.
so thats my game idea. for after pokemon xy pc
Also every five turns counts as a level for the pokemon allowing them to evolve

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
PMD/MMBN Crossover!!!!!

Hello to all! As the name implies, this is essentially a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon clone paired with Mega Man Battle Network. Consider it my retelling of the Pokémon anime, as it focuses on Ash and Pikachu (in a matter of speaking). It's something that I wanted to do for a while, and now that I can, why not?

Game Engine:
RPG Maker 2003

Synopsis:
Ash Ketchum wants to be the very best, like no one ever was, but how can he in the body of a Pikachu???!!!

Features:
-Fight trainers hand-to-hand in a virtual arena!
-Travel the ENTIRE World of Pokémon, from Kanto, to Kalos, to the Orange Archipelago, to......THE TCG ISLANDS?????!!!
-Face a more competent(?!) Team Rocket.

Credits
The Spriter's Resource

Years
Time to throw my hat into the ring here...

I've been thinking of ideas for a Pokemon fangame for quite some time, and until recently, I haven't had the resources to put these ideas into motion.

Game Description:
Pokemon Revolution X (working title) is a first-person dungeon crawler, taking place in the new Aeronia region.

Features:
- First-person perspective in caves, buildings, and battles
- Massive regional pokedex
- etc. (Subject to change)

Highlights of the Aeronia Region:

Gym Leaders:
Spoiler:

Tournaments:
Spoiler:

Landmarks:
Spoiler:

Release:
Unfortunately, many of these ideas for the game haven't left the concept phase, so, for now, an ideal release date would be "WHEN IT'S DONE"

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 23, 2015
This idea has been expanded and worked on by my friend and I for some time now. I might as well get it out there:

Pokemon Gilded Legends

The entire story, beginning to end is inside spoilers and everything.
Spoiler:

The entire Pokedex is completed, with sprites and everything. (Shiny and Non Shiny) I'm still under the 15 post limit so Link to that is in my sig.
Gym leaders, professor, elite 4 and champion and Team Omega Leader all have designs, but all other characters do not.

Also, the ending is still under work, we plan to have a split ending where the people either flee and survive or don't. We also plan for there to be a relatively large post game as well, containing almost every single legendary there is.

Benjamin Kuli

Mahagon
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 23, 2022
I have the game idea for the reboot of Pokémon called "Pocket Monsters: Dusk and Dawn"

PROLOGUE

A familiar story - as you've never heard it before. In this game, you have the chance to play in the very beginning era of Pokémon, with lots of unpredictable twists, as it's not just a restart, but a whole reboot of our favourite franchise. Unseen events and the chance to (re)discover the world as you've never seen before. If you're interested in seeing new species, or experience the origin story of the old creatures, then join to this adventure, but remember one thing: you cannot be sure about which will remain the same.

THE STORY

Pocket Monsters. These creatures are lived in harmony for a long time with each other and the humans. There were no war, and the union of both allowed to create an economy which made everything available. There were no poverty, no pollution, nor problems like war. But everything changes, and nothing remains the same.

There are always people who are unsatisfied with their current position and possessions. They always want more than more: not only items, money, but things like power. These kind of people will never be happy, but they want to achieve their goals even if they must burn the world to reach that. An organization, called as Team Rocket, wants power more than anything else: their illegal activities involved in getting everything they want, everything what other people possessed: tools, money, and later even Pokémon. They started to use their own creatures and the stolen ones as weapons, and they won't regret in getting the world into a Worldwide War in order to restructure the system as they imagine that.

From a small group, they quickly spread all over the world, but their most successful regions were Kanto and Johto. Their lies immediately seduced younglings and elders, who gladly joined to Giovanni, the mastermind behind the project, the person who wanted nothing but world domination. His biggest dream was conquering not only our world, but the Moon too, as it is recognizable from the name of its team. He even had experiments landing on their, but their only success was getting some special items from there. Those were really similar to the Evolution Stones we already know, and because of their origin, they were named as Moon Stones.

In order to get what he wants, Giovanni started experiments in creating the Perfect Weapon, a Pokémon which cannot be defeated by anyone else. He thought that these stones will be the key in his experiment, so he tried to evolve any kind of Pokémon he could with them. Even thought some of them were success, like the newly discovered Nidoking and Nidoqueen (who immediately getting involved in his personal team), they were far away from the perfect weapon. It was until he discovered one highly underrated type: the Clefairies...

After finding them, lots of attempts were done in order to examine the effects of the stones on these Pokémon, and they realized that their potential highly improved after getting these stones. A dozen of Clefables - as they called these newly discovered creatures -, were caged and used as a guinea pig in the pity game of these men. They had to fight each other, and even were tortured, in order to break their own limits and levels to become nothing but weapons in the organization's plan. They did it until something horrible happened: one of the Clefables had died.

However, something unexpected happened. Even thought its body died, its soul still remained, and manifested in a new, ghoul body. It was nothing bad a former shadow of itself, living between two worlds. Gengar was born, the first Ghost Pokémon in the world. Even thought the boss was happy to get what he wanted, Gengar thought it differently: it went on a rage and destroyed the whole scientist lab, destroying everything which was a complex before, and leaving nothing but the mountain itself where the hideout was (which was later called as Mt. Moon).

Meanwhile, to counter the expand of Team Rocket, several Professors and professional Pokémon Trainers were unite to stop the crime organization whatever it costs.

Everyone who became 16 years old can give their application to the Official Pokémon League and getting one of their starter Pokémon, and starting their own journey. You're one of those young adults who are starting their own journey. Who will you become? A Breeder? A Researcher? A Trainer? Or do you want to become a Pokémon Master? In these chaotic times, everyone with a pure heart must help each other: even if they routes are different, they will meet soon, as no one can ignore the fight.

THE GAMEPLAY

- Experience a story never seen before, the re-tell of the classic story in a totally new tone and atmosphere
- Huge variety in character creation, development, and your choices have a deep impact in the storyline.
- You are start in Kanto, however, end-game content will allow you to visit the Islands featured in FireRed/LeafGreen, and other places, like Holon from the Trading Card Game.
- Catching a Pokémon has a new way: befriending them. You can find several Pokémon during the storyline, which can be recruited, and even Wild (random) Pokémon can be recruited in this method. You don't have to force them to join you anymore. It can be a mutual agreement.
- Shiny is replaced with two new mechanisms: Alt Color and Delta Species. Alt Color is an alternate colored version of the Pokémon, but everything else is the same. Alt Color Pokémon are a bit more common than shinies, and they have more variations. For example, you can find Zubats in "vanilla" (blue), grey, black, and other colors. Delta Species, however, is caused by a rare mutation, and it also changed the type of the Pokémon. A yellow Charmander is an Alt Color, but a yellow Charmander which has sparks in its tail is a Delta Species.
- A Pokémon has more than one evolution.
- Shadow Pokémon has a huge impact of the storyline, especially Gengar.

DEFINITIONS

- Alternate color: Years ago, Pokémon researchers thought that there is only one main color of a specific Pokémon. Later, they discovered that there are another versions and alterations of a specific Pokémon, and they can be found in different colours. Even thought they are rare, they do not affect the Pokémon in any other way.
- Delta Species, also known as DS, are a special kind of alternate color Pokémon, because their mutation also affected their attributes, even their typing!
- Child, Adolescent, Adult: Referring to Stage Evolution if the Pokémon is not evolved, evolved or fully evolved. Child Pokémon are the young forms of Pokémon without being evolved. They are barely hatched from the egg, or ready to evolve, but still in their basic forms. Adolescents are evolved, but not fully evolved forms, while adults are the fully evolved forms.
- Unique Pokémon: There is only 1 of this Pokémon - or really few.
- Shadow form: Corrupted Pokémon. This is not evolution, however.
- Dark Evolution: when the corruption and the evolution of the Pokémon mixtures, the Pokémon will evolve differently instead of its casual evolution. It can evolve into a totally different Pokémon, or the usual evolution's shadow form.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 23, 2014
This is an idea for a Pokemon Battle Arena.

It would be like the old Pokemon Stadium games except with free control over the Pokemon. You would control the running, the jumping, and the aiming of all the mechanics.

It would be portrayed as a 3rd Person Shooter-ish? view and would resemble SMITE's combat, except hopefully not as bad.

Each player would have 3 Pokemon in a fight, but would be allowed to carry 6 in his team, this way if a player were to be in battle it wouldn't last FOREVER beating all 6 of the enemy Pokemon. This also adds mechanics from the anime that the game could never produce in its turn based field, such as dodging, and stopping.

When fighting against gym leaders the battles would actually take place on an intense battle arena floor, causing every gyms terrain to be different just the like show.

This also makes Move Selection amazing, and adds depth to the basic MOBA games out now. All you ever do is "damage" to enemies, but with the type system Pokemon already carries, it would make some things hurt more then others.

This is just an idea, that would be amazing if it came to fruition, so if anyone has any other ideas to add on, go ahead.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 1, 2015
Pokétown! A pokemon community game project

Hi. Right away you might ask this:

"What is Pokétown?"

Well...

Pokétown is a pokémon game project that revolves around a city of tamed pokémon that were turned loose by their trainers. In the game you learn a craft, can battle wild pokémon, trade between the main town and outer villages, and best of all live a life all your own!

The game centers around a new pokémon (IE you) arriving in Pokétown. In addition you are able to pick a 'class' that determines what trade you have and what you can do/make. For example...

Doctors can get ingredients to make their own medicine, such as antidotes, potions, and so on.

Bards can learn to play music to entertain and earn free coins from various people.

Blacksmiths can craft accessories to give them special abilities or rake in lots of money.

Also, in addition to a skill outside of combat, classes offer certain bonuses to your stats. Bards, for example, have a better special defense stat because of mental fortitude created by learning music.

I'm still working on the idea of the game, but I want to know what you think. Any help, even advice, is really, REALLY appreciated.

K, thanks, bye

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Something you might want to consider is to have a questionnaire in the beginning, and depending on your answers you become one of a few dozen possible choices, each affecting what class you can be, ie, being a fire type means you're a blacksmith, etc.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 1, 2015
Something you might want to consider is to have a questionnaire in the beginning, and depending on your answers you become one of a few dozen possible choices, each affecting what class you can be, ie, being a fire type means you're a blacksmith, etc.

Well yeah that's kind of obvious.

I mean, I don't want the classes to be completely type-locked, but having them influence your options is a good idea.

I still need help to do it though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back