• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: When is the BW2 forum description going to be updated?

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Really.
Current
Rediscover the Unova region two years after the events of Black & White take place. Speculation and discussion on the next major releases in the Pokémon series, Black 2 & White 2, goes here.

The game is out now, so nothing to speculate about, and since it is already out, how can it be considered the next major releases?

Edit - And isn't it past time to move 4th gen from Current Generation Discussions, to General Pokemon Gaming Discussions?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
The B2W2 mods are likely busy due to the release therefore updating that hasn't been their priority however it'll most likely be done soon so no need to worry! As for fourth gen that will, according to past patterns, go to past gen at the start of the next generation or game(s).

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Edit - And isn't it past time to move 4th gen from Current Generation Discussions, to General Pokemon Gaming Discussions?

...MORE? M...m-more?! I don't really think it's time for gen 4 to come over...I find it still being current...plus if it moved to GPGD, that'd make things a bit cluttery for me. I wouldn't be moderator of GPGD, I'd be mod of Metal/Color Generation, Advanced Generation, Challenges, Spin-Offs, and Pokemon Gaming Central. But that's just my main gripe with it if it were to come over to GPGD. I just don't feel like gen IV is old enough to be there though. :/

Yes to update on B2W2 description though.

Years
...MORE? M...m-more?! I don't really think it's time for gen 4 to come over...I find it still being current...plus if it moved to GPGD, that'd make things a bit cluttery for me. I wouldn't be moderator of GPGD, I'd be mod of Metal/Color Generation, Advanced Generation, Challenges, Spin-Offs, and Pokemon Gaming Central. But that's just my main gripe with it if it were to come over to GPGD. I just don't feel like gen IV is old enough to be there though. :/

I agree with this, Sydian said that if 4th Gen were to move to GPGD now, she'd have a lot of sections to handle.

I'd rather it stay in Current Generation Pokemon Gaming for now.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I agree with this, Sydian said that if 4th Gen were to move to GPGD now, she'd have a lot of sections to handle.

I'd be fine handling six forums, but the thing is, Gen IV has a mod and if it moved to GPGD, what would happen to us? Do we both mod all of GPGD? Do I take on Gen IV as well and he just keeps Gen IV? Or do the forums we mod stay the same? With the first thing, I'm not really in need of a partner. With the second, he probably doesn't need a partner in Gen IV. And the third thing, my title just becomes cluttery, which is more of a personal gripe, lol. But I still feel gen IV is current enough to stay where it is, because they're still on a DS, like BW(2) and if you took Gen IV out of CPGD, you'd only have four games left, which doesn't seem right. Plus those four games are all in the same region. Plus, Trade Corner uses gen IV still, so...yeah.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018

Technically, Gen V is the current generation. Perhaps you can ask to be in charge of fewer forums if Gen IV is moved to GPGD.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Technically, Gen V is the current generation. Perhaps you can ask to be in charge of fewer forums if Gen IV is moved to GPGD.
Gen IV is still very much actively played and discussion still stems from it just as much as it does Gen V, though, which is what she was getting at.
She wouldn't inherit the forums regardless, though.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

Why would I ask for less sections if it was moved there? If I'm fine with five now, why would a new section in GPGD make me want less? Anyway, Gen IV isn't the most current, but I think it's current enough. There's no problem with it still being in CGPD.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
How long into the 4th generation did we wait before moving 3rd into general?

Anyway, the wording used is why I think 4th needs to be moved. The section it's in is, afterall, called CURRENT Generation. And the 4th generation is no longer current, its old now. (4th gen is about a month over 6 years old now.)

Moving the other generations to general was simple. Old system, old generation. 4th and 5th are on the same system, so I'm assuming that that has really messed with the old way of doing things. (Well, that and all the trading that occurs between the two series.)

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Maybe we'll have to tweak the name of the sections yeat again? Because, at this rate, Syd's section will end up being ridiculously gigantic.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
You could have a Retro Section (For GB/GBC games)
A previous Generation Section (The past 2 Gens, 3 & 4)
And the Current Generation Section with BW / BW2 ?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Technically yes, Fourth Generation Gaming would be better suited in General Pokemon Gaming Discussions, but I think it still holds enough activity and discussion to be kept separate. (For how longer, who knows.) I'm not totally opposed to having 4Gen moved into GPGD, but as of now, I personally think it's doing just fine. I think the appropriate time for the move would be when Pokemon moves onto the 3DS or another device.

In a modding perspective, I'm doing fine, I don't really need a partner, and as Sydian has made clear she doesn't really require any assistance either. However, if the time came and the inevitable move was made, I'm sure we'd work together well.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You could have a Retro Section (For GB/GBC games)
A previous Generation Section (The past 2 Gens, 3 & 4)
And the Current Generation Section with BW / BW2 ?

Then you have to make a General section for PGC, Challenges, and Spinoffs. It just seems like too many unnecessary categories, really. :/ Because Adv Gen and Gen IV are just two forums. Two forums for a whole category? And then Metal/Color are already put together, so one forum making its own category isn't good either. I think the real solution should just be renaming CGPD to DS Generation Games.

In a modding perspective, I'm doing fine, I don't really need a partner, and as Sydian has made clear she doesn't really require any assistance either. However, if the time came and the inevitable move was made, I'm sure we'd work together well.

Keep in mind Aegis left about a week after I was modded though... ;3 jk I didn't bite or anything. lol

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I think the real solution should just be renaming CGPD to DS Generation Games.

That wouldn't really work either though. A number of the DS games are in the spinoffs section in General.

And another thing, what about Magnagate? The new MD game that is going to be released on the 3DS? Where would that go?

I can see putting it in Spinoffs, but given that general is mainly for past generation games, and systems, it would make no sense to put a 5th Gen 3DS game in General while we keep 4th gen DS games in Current.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That wouldn't really work either though. A number of the DS games are in the spinoffs section in General.

And another thing, what about Magnagate? The new MD game that is going to be released on the 3DS? Where would that go?

I can see putting it in Spinoffs, but given that general is mainly for past generation games, and systems, it would make no sense to put a 5th Gen 3DS game in General while we keep 4th gen DS games in Current.

Because DS or 3DS or N64, a spin off is a spin off. Believe me when I say that once a new spin off comes out, its spotlight lasts about a week or so then no one cares and threads about it stop being made. So it doesn't need to go in a 3DS game forum or a 3DS spin off forum or anything of the sort. Spin offs are not popular enough for each of them or each system that one is for to have its own forum or subforum. That's excessive. I don't see a problem in renaming CGPD to DS Generation and when we get 3DS main games and not spin offs, we can worry about what to do with the name and what to do with 4th Gen at that time.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
The only fully "current generation" forums we have are the BW and BW2 forums. Trade Corner and Battle Center both contain threads for past generations, so they're about as current generation as Pokémon Gaming Central is. Fourth generation isn't current either. I suggest renaming "Current Generation Pokémon Gaming" to "Primary Pokémon Gaming Forums" or something similar.

Perhaps the Pokémon gaming forums could be reordered to something like this?

Spoiler:

I prefer the second format, but the downside is that BW and B2W2 will be pushed down some. Other than that, I think the second format looks more organized than the former and what we have right now.

Back