• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkrai64

Pokemon expert trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2009
Hmmmmmm, I searched everywhere I could on Pokecommunity AND Google. Where can I download Sappy? Also, is there anything else I need with it? If so, where can I download that?

EDIT: The one I found isn't working. Where can I get sappy and Mid2Agb that work?

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
yes, Larvitar's hex value is F6. ;)

anyways, I have a question...
hope you all don't mind?

how can I swap POKéMON cries?
what I mean is that, Zigzagoon, I wanna swap it's cry with Sentret. Can I do this with a hex editor?

thanks in advance~

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
-I need some help. Lately I've been trying to hack gold and it has a lot of the problems in the ROM that we had in the catridge. That's not important now but we really need a ROM expander. Does anyone know if its possible to expand the Gold or Crystal ROM and or how to do it?
It's easy to do, but you'll lose the RTC features. Just double the size of the ROM to 4MB and change the MBC byte in the header to match an MBC5.
-Also, since a ROM always has the same amount of MB before its hacked and tilesets, OWs, titlescreen etc. are changed to almost all that we like does graphic changing have any effect on the total MB of the rom? Say for instance that I DO replace FR graphics with non- 3d(its actually camera movements and overlapping frames) DP graphics, will my ROM's MB go from say 4 (just saying) MB to 4.8 or whatnot?
Since you're replacing the graphics, the final ROMs will always be the same size. Technically, there's no way to add a few bytes here and there to a ROM, because the Game Boy itself can only read in blocks of specific sizes -- so, for example, you wouldn't be able to add fifty bytes to Gold, but you could add 2MB.
what is a good disassembler?
Googling "gbz80 disassembler" brought up several results, but I was talking about doing it by hand. Look at a byte, check what its opcode is, write it down. Look at the next few bytes, write down the opcodes. As you do that you'll begin to notice patterns, follow calls, and so forth until things start making sense. If you know where in the game your ASM string is being called, try replacing some complete opcodes with 00s and see what doesn't happen... things like that.

KlassicXL

Death & Design
Years
I'm new to Advance Map and when I attempt to load a rom, it gives me an error message saying "File access denied." Anybody know?

I've searched around, but haven't found the answer or solution to the problem.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
For some reason, whenever i try to go to route 3, the game always freezes.
this only works if i go to route 3 and it always happens, no matter what connection i put on it.
can anyone tell me the problem?
oh, and i was using AM 1.92, and it didn't show any signs of there being errors.

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2015
For some reason, whenever i try to go to route 3, the game always freezes.
this only works if i go to route 3 and it always happens, no matter what connection i put on it.
can anyone tell me the problem?
oh, and i was using AM 1.92, and it didn't show any signs of there being errors.

check the level scripts, sometimes when you modify the map that uses a level script, it can sometimes make the map lockup(like if you edit the Sootopolis gym without changing the level scripts, it will freeze when you enter the gym)

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2015
also since that is your starting town, you may need to make the house thing kinda blend in...

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Like, to what ever?
Like, 000001, 000002, etc.?
I've never changed the offset when dealing with connections. :\

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
Like, to what ever?
Like, 000001, 000002, etc.?
I've never changed the offset when dealing with connections. :\

It's pretty simple Eeveon,
Let's say a map is...
40 wide <-> 'and then theres a conection to a route below it.
20 wide <-> 'and you want the route on the bottom right of the "40"map

then you need to put in the number off tiles between the start of
town and where the route will touch town,
so in the offset box, you enter for ex. -10 if you want the connection to
move 10 tiles up or left (depending on which way you put connection)

So as said, try and change the offset box with 10, and see how the connection
moves and you'll understand what I mean ^^

I hope this helped.

//44tim44

Years

how can I swap POKéMON cries?
what I mean is that, Zigzagoon, I wanna swap it's cry with Sentret. Can I do this with a hex editor?

thanks in advance~
You could use a hex editor, but it's a little faster to just use pokecry. Pokecry allows you to repoint cries. Open up Pokecry.
Then in the PokeID, type in the number of the Pokemon you want to replace. I'll use the example of Charmander(4). Then click Encode. For me, 513038 comes up in the SampleOffset box. Paste that into notepad just so you have it written somewhere.
Then do the same for the Pokemon you want to swap it with. I'll use Bulbasaur(1). That gives me 50FBC4.
Then copy the address from the first Pokemon, and paste the offset into the second Pokemon's SampleOffset Box. So I paste Bulbasaur's address over Charmander's address. And click Repoint.
I then do the same thing for the other Pokemon, in my case Bulbasaur.
Then you've swapped their cries.

FHJoker

Re-thinking Osmium
Years
Googling "gbz80 disassembler" brought up several results, but I was talking about doing it by hand. Look at a byte, check what its opcode is, write it down. Look at the next few bytes, write down the opcodes. As you do that you'll begin to notice patterns, follow calls, and so forth until things start making sense. If you know where in the game your ASM string is being called, try replacing some complete opcodes with 00s and see what doesn't happen... things like that.[/quote]

How do I check a byte and how do I replace the opcodes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back