• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon DiamondDust [demo released!]

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
Pokémon DiamondDust | Demo 1 released!

Pokémon DiamondDust
Hack of Emerald (U) BPEE

● Introduction
No need for introductions, I've read about girls like you on the backs of toilet seat doors.

● Story
Isn't it obvious?

● Features
- Diamond storyline
- New tiles/pallettes
- More optional battles, sidequests
- Many easter eggs
- Use of RTC
- Underground, weather, and TV systems
and more...

● Status as of December 19th, 2009
"A little thread update. On break from the hack for new ground lately. ;)"

● To-do List
- Replace textbox
- Create new indoor tileset
- Create and insert more OWs and sprites
- Be assisted and guided in implementation of fourth generation Pokémon
- Update outdoor tileset further
- Edit world map
- Create and add various systems

● Screenshots
2i9l8xl.png
30xbd4j.png

dbpnyb.png
6qv0j8.png

● Videos
At some point.

● Banner-o-rama

HTML:
[URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=195982][IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/1zz6oi0.png[/IMG][/URL]

● Team
.com - creator, owner, mapper, scripter, tiler, spriting, testing, banners
NTA - sprite indexing, inserting
Ian758 - beta tester

● Demo 1
See attachment

● Patching
1. Extract the "DiamondDust D1" folder
2. Open the "UPS patcher (Windows)" folder
3. Open the "tsukuyomi" application
4. Click "Apply patch to an existing file"
5. Click "Browse..." under UPS patch file to apply, and select the "D1" UPS patch from the same downloaded folder
6. Click the "Browse..." under "Target file to apply patch to: (file will be overwritten), and select a clean Emerald(U) ROM
7. Click "Apply patch," and wait for the patching process
8. Exit the program
Thanks for visiting the thread~

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
heyy.

it's nice, its great to see an d/p remake of emerald. most of them are fire red. ;o
well // good luck. ;)
Thanks, and yeah, I've gotten sick of hacking FR actually, tbh. :P

Wow, this looks impressive, even from the early screenshots. Keep it going, you've got a potential winner here.

Not bad. Keep up the good work. I want to see how you make those systems listed under features such as the underground one.

D/P/Pt remake on Emerald, huh? Nice. By the screenshots, it appears as though you're doing well. Good luck.

So you're back with it huh?
Hope ya will show more progress com ;)
Good luck ;)

Thanks for the feedback.

@megiddo and yeah, the systems aren't relatively complicated or anything, just nice easter eggs really. It's nice to know someone actually is interested in them, though. ;)

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
It looks nice but i have to be honest, the tiles are horrible, i think you should try a different rom base or try making your own! and may i suggest you make it a platinum reamke? Since platinum is basicly the update for d&p
If you want maybe i could help you? Be a member in your team? I would love to be a mapper ;)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
It looks nice but i have to be honest, the tiles are horrible, i think you should try a different rom base or try making your own! and may i suggest you make it a platinum reamke? Since platinum is basicly the update for d&p
If you want maybe i could help you? Be a member in your team? I would love to be a mapper ;)
The tiles aren't horrible to me, maybe it's just the pallettes don't look that great in the rain?
and I'm not using a base, all the new tiles I ripped, made, and inserted from wherever.

Thanks, I appreciate it. ;). I'm not even kidding. I'm open to all feedback.

Edit: and no, I'm not changing to a Platinum remake.

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
The tiles aren't horrible to me, maybe it's just the pallettes don't look that great in the rain?
and I'm not using a base, all the new tiles I ripped, made, and inserted from wherever.

Thanks, I appreciate it. ;). I'm not even kidding. I'm open to all feedback.

Edit: and no, I'm not changing to a Platinum remake.
Okay lol, well it seems like this could go far, and it seems its going along nicely anyway!
So would you like any help?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
Not really. I'm doing this mostly as a solo hack, with a few exceptions. The only major thing I need help on is once a good system comes about to go about adding the Sinnoh pokes seperately, so someone to guide me through the insertion process. After the first demo, I won't be continuing the hack until further notice on adding the Sinnoh pokes, and a system. The first demo won't feature any events with new pkmn because of this, so only the first few events will be in.

Panschop19

Gimme da pasta
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 8, 2009
the color of the grass doesn't seem right... the rest of it looks nice.

Good luck with your hack ;)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
the color of the grass doesn't seem right... the rest of it looks nice.

Good luck with your hack ;)
It's just the rain that makes it look odd. Haha. I should be putting up screenies in normal and other weathers later... so you'll be able to see the actual color.

and thanks ;)

NatureKeeper

It's hard to edit the 64 x 128 thing, but It'll look diamonder with animations. :P

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
Emerald? Good luck...

It's hard to edit the 64 x 128 thing, but It'll look diamonder with animations. :P
True, but I shouldn't even be at the point where I edit animations for awhile.
In reality, I'm going to be adding animations, if anything. I'm looking into methods on adding all the Sinnoh pokes without removing any, and somehow being able to add animations and control the movements of them. Sounds a bit farfetched(no pun), but I should manage to find a way eventually.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
Good remake. But shouldn't you use DP Tiles?
I already am using a mix of D/P and Pt tiles, besides the houses and mailboxes, and the interiors, as I haven't did anything with those yet, and that'll change eventually, too. Plus, I'm not going full DP, even eventually, to try and have something new to see, if that makes any sense. ;)
good luck, this is amazing =D
although it seems a bit silly :S
Thanks.
and why does it seem silly?
Just the concept of premaking DP? If yes, I get why it's silly, but I thought it would be a nice project either way. :P

Back