• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sword Art Online: Infinity Edition [OOC+SU][Rated: T]

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
SD- then ill change my post, would be a waste if i just trew it away~

[EDIT]: SD & Khawill- i posted~ didnt change alot to the post xD sorry if i came over annoyed ^^; i guess i was a little moody around that time :3 my apologies! Het spijt me! Gomedasai!

Last edited:

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
@Pink & Khawill: I'm gonna be a little busy today. I don't have school this week, but I still have to go to a certain class today. I promise, once I get out of that class, I'll post immediately!

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Tots posted Ozzy! I look forward to working with you.

On another note, I'm not really understanding your posts Pink. Are they suppose to be like at the start of the lock in (though its been a few weeks since that happened already.) Or am I confused?

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Hey Red, just a question. Do you want to continue on this little side quest we have going? Or, do you want to collaborate on a summary so we can go ahead and time skip with the others? :)

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
Yep you can tame anything :3. Although the foods idea could work it might make it confusing. Maybe we can go with just some form of skill?

Low health -> Skills Menu -> TAME!

Oh damn now it's pokemon.

Alright, that's simple enough.

I have a couple more questions… just to make sure.
In the SAO anime (haven't read the manga or graphic novels), a girl's familiar dies and all that's left behind is the feather, which was basically the essence of the familiar. She had to use it to revive her familiar, but I'm pretty sure it is stated that she wouldn't be able to tame another one, so:​
  • Can I tame another familiar should the first one die?
  • If so, can I tame several familiars at the same time? Maybe as my Taming ability gets better?
  • Can I forge armor, or have armor forged for my familiar specifically? Like wolf armor, an armored wolf sounds cool…
  • And lastly, what kind of abilities can I expect from familiars? Can I get a familiar that can poison my enemies, or heal me, or even carry me in flight?

Sorry if I'm making this more difficult than it needs to be… :knockedou

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Tots posted Ozzy! I look forward to working with you.

I was only able to post up to Rapp and Dante's meeting before I would've had to bunny Dante, so if we come up with the speech for their conversation in IRC or something then you can post it all in your post and do some of the dungeon, then Rapp's post will lead them to the secret chamber, then Dante can do the mini-boss and Rapp will do the smithing/rewards bit? We'll have to be relatively quick since you're going on Thursday, hence planning it out now haha. One post a night should work! :)

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
I was only able to post up to Rapp and Dante's meeting before I would've had to bunny Dante, so if we come up with the speech for their conversation in IRC or something then you can post it all in your post and do some of the dungeon, then Rapp's post will lead them to the secret chamber, then Dante can do the mini-boss and Rapp will do the smithing/rewards bit? We'll have to be relatively quick since you're going on Thursday, hence planning it out now haha. One post a night should work! :)

Oh bro! You need to get on IRC so we can get the conversations and such down. But yes well rush through it indeed!

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
CarefulWetPaint- no :) they are way futher than that, but Natsumi is the kind of person who wants to understand thinks fully, so she thinks about it over and over ^^; sorry if my posts are confusing :p but theyre not at the start of the lock in

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Alright, that's simple enough.

I have a couple more questions… just to make sure.
In the SAO anime (haven't read the manga or graphic novels), a girl's familiar dies and all that's left behind is the feather, which was basically the essence of the familiar. She had to use it to revive her familiar, but I'm pretty sure it is stated that she wouldn't be able to tame another one, so:​
  • Can I tame another familiar should the first one die?
  • If so, can I tame several familiars at the same time? Maybe as my Taming ability gets better?
  • Can I forge armor, or have armor forged for my familiar specifically? Like wolf armor, an armored wolf sounds cool…
  • And lastly, what kind of abilities can I expect from familiars? Can I get a familiar that can poison my enemies, or heal me, or even carry me in flight?

Sorry if I'm making this more difficult than it needs to be… :knockedou

I have 3 minutes to answer *speed types*

1. If your first dies you may tame another, but you cannot tame more than one monster at once. If your monster dies you won't be able to revive it, since we're not gonna have the special item to do so.

2. Armor? Hm. I suppose you could just for appearance sake! Go for it.

3. Abilities wise just stick to normal combat (punch, kicking, scratching, biting, pouncing), no skills/abilities at first. Later on there will be monsters with some special features which I suppose you could then tame and take advantage of.

Garet

GhostFire
Years
As a notice, I'm gonna be gone on my Thanksgiving-thing from Wednesday morning to Monday at the latest, so I will very likely not be able to check in during that time. I'll check in once more before I leave, but I don't know when next I can check in after that.

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
I've been lurking a bit going back and forth deciding on if I want to join the roleplay but since familiar questions are being asked I figured I may as well go ahead with my question.

As a part of my characters background I ended up having her find a rare item that that grants an evolving familiar as a reward for a difficult dungeon.

The ideahind then item was that it would start as an egg which you could trade to other players and when used would turn into a bird (in my case) or whatever animal the familiar is based on. From there it would evolve in a similar fashion as the player gradually gaining abilities and changing in appearance.

The sacrifice involved in getting the item was going to play a big part in my character's development and her status for whenever I would be role playing.

So I was just wondering if that was okay before I went into deeper details for her SU if I should just rethink her history?

Edit: Also regarding level, am I still limited to 1-15 or can I go a little further (say 20)?

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hi. Back online and gonna post my next post laterrr. Leila is also free for interaction, she'll return to Starter City to heal and will head to Floor 4 for more training. I want her to get to L10 so she can be strong enough to enter the new floors.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I've been lurking a bit going back and forth deciding on if I want to join the roleplay but since familiar questions are being asked I figured I may as well go ahead with my question.

As a part of my characters background I ended up having her find a rare item that that grants an evolving familiar as a reward for a difficult dungeon.

The ideahind then item was that it would start as an egg which you could trade to other players and when used would turn into a bird (in my case) or whatever animal the familiar is based on. From there it would evolve in a similar fashion as the player gradually gaining abilities and changing in appearance.

The sacrifice involved in getting the item was going to play a big part in my character's development and her status for whenever I would be role playing.

So I was just wondering if that was okay before I went into deeper details for her SU if I should just rethink her history?

Edit: Also regarding level, am I still limited to 1-15 or can I go a little further (say 20)?

Lv. 20 is fine since we've just had a time skip.

As with the hatching/evolving familiar... I'm half and half on this. Hatching a monster from an item isn't how I think taming should work, especially since there is a lot of choice and room to make the monster personal to your character. The evolving bit I'm kind of OK with - things like getting bigger as the character levels, and generally getting stronger, are often built into games.

So I recommend changing how your girl met her monster, but you may keep the same kind of idea. If you're looking for a bird monster to tame there were some on floor 5 - you could go find an exceptionally cute one!

I look forward to your sign up! (I think that's the final space though!)

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
Just a heads up from me: Unless I post sometime today (which may or may not happen) I won't be able to post until Monday (my local time). I am heading on a school trip this weekend and do not plan on bringing my laptop.

Till then, happy posting.

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
*cough* Uh, so my post was a bit longer than I had intended it. My apologies everyone.

Raikiri and I decided to go ahead and leap forward with a time skip Red. So if you read it when you get back, don't be shocked or anything. I went ahead and treated it as if we accomplished what we set out to do and we both got our new swords.

Also, incase anyone wants to know the general shape of a Flamberge stype sword when I describe mine in my post. It looks something like this:
Spoiler:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Alright, I've been looking at this RP for a while now and finally, thanks to Claire among other things, I've decided to write myself up an SU. Hope it's good enough! There are some points I need to talk about though, which I'll mention here:

1. Hope it's okay that I chose 2H hammers, since just a hammer seemed a bit dull for me, and that it makes sense that there'd be 1 and 2H swords, as well as 1 and 2H hammers. If it's not okay, do tell me :P

2. It says in the OOC and IC first post that the level to choose from is at 15 max, but this changes in a couple of posts, as well as the floor and the 'current event' saying floor five, yet people are level 20+ and being on floor 8. Might just be me being confused, but I worked floor 8 into my SU none the less :P Hoping it's okay.

Name: Alec Bransen (Nick in-game: Bralec)

Appearance: Alec has slightly broad shoulders and is somewhat tall for someone his age. He has short, nut-brown hair, bright, light-blue eyes and a slightly square jaw.
He's a little bit overweight, but he wouldn't be counted as fat, or obese. Merely chubby.
In-game, he usually wears a brown apron, a short-sleeved, brown shirt underneath it and a pair of dark-green pantaloons. He carries a large, two-handed hammer on his back whenever he's outside of town, though that doesn't happen all that often.

Personality: Alec is a pretty laid-back guy who tries to make a gloomy situation bright, but his jokes and cheering doesn't always hit the right spot. He does what he can to make those around him comfortable, but if something goes against what believes, he's going to be stubborn to the last to get his way.
He's not entirely fond of fighting, though he will if pushed to it, despite him actually being rather good at it, having a sound combat strategy; Hit them fast and hit them hard.

Life before SAO: Alec had grown up in a pretty rough environment. He had been living in poverty with his parents during his childhood, up until the state took him away from his parents around the age of five, giving him to a foster home.

His foster parents had a decent amount of money, so from then on, Alec could actually start living. He lost contact with his parents fairly early on, and despite his attempts at contacting them later, he wasn't able to find them.

He kept living his life, pulling off decent grades at school and whatnot, despite being the black sheep of his class, what with everybody making fun of him. He went in on it himself and just laughed it off, trying to come off as the class clown, pretending to be ridiculed on purpose.

Eventually, he got into uni, working towards getting his degree within economics and sales, but before he managed to finish his course, during the summer break, he bought a new game. Doesn't take a genius to figure out which one though!

Current Level: 20

Weapon: 2-Handed Hammer

Non-Combat Skills: Speed and Forgery

Summary of first month in Aincrad: Alec had played online games before, so he knew exactly what to do, after getting into the system. He had managed to get himself a couple of levels, as the announcement and lock-in came. It became a race against everyone else to progress, and so he joined up with a party of four others he had never met before.

Him and his party were at the front lines, fighting onwards, but after clearing the fourth floor's boss, half of his party had been wiped out. This took the fight out of him, and he abandoned the idea of fighting, instead going into the crafting business.

<More than a month after the game's release>

He's now been able to set up shop in the town within floor 8 where he runs his adventuring shop, which sells all manner of items, magical, crafted as well as items needed for crafting of potions and food and whatnot.

Roleplay Sample: Alec slowly opened his eyes, blinking slightly in the bright sunlight shining down over the square where the newly logged in people were appearing. He tried to conceal his excitement, taking a deep breath of air.

"… I can't believe this. I'm actually here. I can see… smell… taste… this game is –amazing-!"
Finally letting out his pent-up excitement, he grinned brightly and set off in a dash down along one of the streets of the town, right now not really caring about where he was going, simply wanting to experience the game on his own.

"Hahah! This is amazing! I'm so much faster than in real-life! I've got good cardio for once in my life!"
Chuckling to himself, he came to a stop in a row of NPC traders, smiling as he strolled along, looking at the different items. After a few steps, he decided to try and get himself accustomed to the game's inventory system.

He spent quite a long while getting accustomed to everything before heading out to try and fight some monsters, and after another couple of hours of fighting, he logged out to get himself some food.
The next many days, he spent more or less constantly on SAO, perfecting his game and coming up with new ways to fight and learning more and more about the game's system, both combat-wise and crafting-wise.

On the sixth day, he had finished grinding the mobs he had set himself as a goal and he came to a stop on a hill, overlooking the fields and a small lake outside of the second town on the first floor. Smiling to himself, he stood there, watching as the skies were painted orangey-red, the sun setting behind the hills off in the horizon.

He closed his eyes, smiling as he sat himself down in the grass, laying onto his back and, for the first time in his mediocre life, actually feeling free.

"… This game is going to be my life from now on. I can't wait to play again tomorrow…"

Last edited:

Kranic

What did you say about my hair
Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2014
So i saw there was another sign-up, hopefully I could still put mine up, haven't been able to work much on it due to the whole thanksgiving thing. Some parts are a little brief, so if you need me to be a little more detailed on say the personality, I can. Just wanted to get this up while I have the time.

Name: Savannah Hawking [Baccara]
Current Level: 20
Weapon: 2H Sword
Non-Combat Skills: Taming/Forgery

Appearance:
Her character was originally modeled after BlackRose, a character from a similarly themed game she once played, however as her appearance changed to reflect the real world and her armor progressively changed as she levels; the familiarity between the two has evolved to be very vague.

Savannah is an African American girl and as such her character has a fair shade of brown skin, with faint tan tribal tattoos all over her body as residue from her original character design. The girl stands at around 5'5 with a thin frame supplemented by fair curves riding down from her chest to her legs. Her eyes once a spectacular shade of red is now a lackluster shade of brown due to the change brought about in her in game appearance. Her hair was once styled into three pink, nearly white, bangs, that stay and cut to be around neck length, but due to the appearance change it is now a black and curly afro, a rather uncommon sight in this game.

Personality:
Savannah is a fiery girl. Quick to action and quick to die down, recent events have caused her to be a little cooler than usual but in her norm, she prefers to be the first into battle. She likes the all-in or nothing approach however she has realized this isn't the wisest things to do in current circumstance, usually leaving her defaulting to nothing.Due to losing her guild, she tries to shy away from making connections with people, though she has no problem with ordinary conversation or even making fun with people and as part of Azure's influence, Savannah has begun to grow her nurturing side, being highly protective of her pet.

Life before SAO:
Savannah was an ordinary girl living her life as any other teenager would. School from 8-3 on weekdays, occasional days dedicated to shopping, long nights doing homework (that had no rhyme or reason to the young girls mind), arguments with parents, trying to look pretty, beating herself up over little things, and the usual worrying about boys and the drama with 'friends'; all the little things in life that make it what it is as a teenager. However one thing that made her just a little different from other girls her age was her long held (casual) love of videogames.

This adoration for games was given to her by her elder brother, Vincent Hawking, who introduced her to games at the age of five. Being her elder by only a year the two became very close by playing games together over the years. The two loved working together and messing with each other in cooperative games and motivating or taking turns in single player games. It made the two come spend a lot of time with each other that evolved into other activities beyond just games. Her big brother was her most loved figure in her life and videogames was the first pillar in creating their relationship and still remains a solid one today.

Vincent was in fact the person who introduced Savannah to Sword Art Online, suggesting that the two could play together during their free time. Naturally Savannah agreed and the two went out and bought their own respective NerveGears to play the game, however when it came time to play Vincent had some business with friends he had to take care of and decided to tell his sister to play the game on her own, taunting that she needed a head start if she had any plans on keeping up with him. After a quick goodbye Savannah started up the game unbeknownst to her that was the last goodbye she was going to give her brother for a very long time.

Summary of first month in Aincrad:

• Joins a small guild called Azure on her first day
  • Stays with the guild for the first month, enjoys time in the game.
  • Took on the role as guild blacksmith
  • Guild is wiped in a dungeon on the 4th floor. Savvanah continues the dungeon
  • Decides to continue the dungeon, figuring she had to finish it for her guild that she loved so much.
  • Savannah miraculously reaches the end of the dungeon,through a lot of luck, and finds a rare blue bird monster that spawns in the dungeon that her guild was originally trying to find and use as a mascot.
  • She tames in and names it after her fallen guild: Azure.
  • With new resolve she decides that it was her duty to fight on the frontline and in the memory of her guild.

Roleplay Sample:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Since you both put in the effort (and I didn't managed to check inbetween your posts) I think it's only fair I accept both of you.

I'll update the first posts this evening.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Whoo! Thanks a bundle, Swift ^^

I'll be looking forward to RP'ing with everyone here! Come by my shop and see if anything catches your eye. I've already got a mini-plot in thought for my character, so I'll be posting in a couple hours!

Back