• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ready to Brawl! Super Smash Brothers Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
For myself, I am only going for the 3DS version since I don't have a WiiU. When the game was revealed I was surprised that there was going to be a 3DS version and a WiiU version. The question for me still remains: will both versions be the same in terms of perks? Is Nintendo trying to "pull our legs" in trying to get us to buy both versions?

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
Years
Username: TheKantoKid
Character Select: Megaman!
What was your first Smash game?: Super Smash Brother 64

For 64 I used Mario the least. He's so plain-jane
Melee I used Pichu and Captain Falcon the least. They just didnt impress me
In Brawl I used Jigglypuff and Captain Falcon the least. They change Jiggly alot and Cap is well cap.

One a side note I am Excited that Charizard will be fighting on his own. Can't wait to use him and Megaman! :D

Years
Welcome new members! Your claims have been added to the list!
I hope what Minerva said is untrue about a ploy to get us to buy both games, but with the addition of it on the 3DS I hope there's cross - play features.

New topic coming your way! with the news of assist trophies becoming leaked, which characters would you have liked to play with from that list?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
with the news of assist trophies becoming leaked, which characters would you have liked to play with from that list?

Assist Trophies weren't leaked, they've been known to return for SSB4 since December. For the sake of the question, I would pick Dillon because he's a modern IP character.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm personally looking forward to Waluigi. From his description over at SSB wiki, his attacks sound very powerful. Won't exactly be able to figure out how they are unless I actually try, though. :P Aside from that, I'd also like to give Elec Man a go.

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
Years
I would have liked to have Midna and Dark Samus as playable characters. They both look and move so unique as assist trophies that I am sure their attacks and movements would have been great fits for the game

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Ahahaha, I hope what I said the other day doesn't come true. I'm still planning on buying the 3DS game. I'm not much of a WiiU person to be quite honest. xD

I'm more looking forward to the Gen 6 Pokemon that will become assist trophies. Apparently most of the new legendaries and starters too. Seeing Fennekin makes me really happy <3

& Pinkie, Pikachu was saying about more assist trophies being leaked somewhere around the internet, not the ones that were previously released.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I'm more looking forward to the Gen 6 Pokemon that will become assist trophies. Apparently most of the new legendaries and starters too. Seeing Fennekin makes me really happy <3

The term is actually called "Pokeball Pokémon," because they don't come out of assist trophies.

& Pinkie, Pikachu was saying about more assist trophies being leaked somewhere around the internet, not the ones that were previously released.
Then it's most likely fake, because leaks only happen when the game is near its release date. Always take rumors/leaks you hear from 4chan and GameFAQ with a grain of salt.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Spoiler:

This, I would die with excitement if I could play as the armadillo above.

Also, want a chance to play Smash 4 at E3? Check out what Nintendo sent out on Facebook today:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm not participating, sadly. Chances of me winning are unlikely, but even if I do win, I wouldn't really like to visit E3. It would be fun and all, but I just don't want to put this much effort into visiting some place under hot whether like this. Plus, I also feel like spending my entire summer at home this time around. xD" Anyone else entering?

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I'm not participating, sadly. Chances of me winning are unlikely, but even if I do win, I wouldn't really like to visit E3. It would be fun and all, but I just don't want to put this much effort into visiting some place under hot whether like this. Plus, I also feel like spending my entire summer at home this time around. xD" Anyone else entering?

I want to enter for fun, but I don't think my parents would let me drive all the way to California if I won. Still, it would be an awesome experience.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I know a next-door neighbor, who currently lives in San Diego, who is a real expert at playing Smash, Melee and Project M to be more specific. I'm not sure if he's among the players who's going to participate in the tournament though.

In other news, guess who's back to break some patterns:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I am here to make this club as good as the last one.

Username: Spinosaurus
Character Select: Wario
What was your first Smash game?: Melee.

Melee is still easily the best one. Main Captain Falcon in that one. Donkey Kong in 64, Wario in Brawl and Diddy Kong in Project M. (because they ♥♥♥♥ed up Wario there.) I'd like to say I'm knowledgeable in the competitive aspects of Smash.

Also glad to see Ike back, hopefully they didn't just buff him in physical appearance. He was really bad in Brawl, needs a better recovery and actual safe and not so predictable moves.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Really glad to see Ike again in the new games. I regret not using him as much in Brawl, because I leaned towards Marth. He's got a pretty powerful final smash! Apparently Marth might not be in the next one? :s It'd be a bummer but I can live. haha.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Really glad to see Ike again in the new games. I regret not using him as much in Brawl, because I leaned towards Marth. He's got a pretty powerful final smash! Apparently Marth might not be in the next one? :s It'd be a bummer but I can live. haha.
Huh?

But he's in the game...since last November.

screen-1.jpg

Years
Welcome, welcome! I'll be adding you shortly.

There was so much rage over Marth when he was ¨announced¨ this time around, it was crazy. A person on twitter said it was a turn off because FE for the 3DS got released this year, so why couldn't they put newer characters in. The internet is a downer for party games, I swear

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I really don't know if they have this planned already, but it'd be great if they could include DLC content for these games. This way, they could always add-on new characters, stage sets, weapons, etc. If you ask me, this could satisfy a lot more people; those who'd like to play as certain character would have to pay an extra dollar or two, and those who don't could stay how they are and enjoy whatever they've got access to. =)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Welcome, welcome! I'll be adding you shortly.

There was so much rage over Marth when he was ¨announced¨ this time around, it was crazy. A person on twitter said it was a turn off because FE for the 3DS got released this year, so why couldn't they put newer characters in. The internet is a downer for party games, I swear
That's because these people believe relevancy and recency is the only thing that's important when adding characters into a crossover fighting game. Of course, this mindset was also why PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale was practically an inferior Smash Bros. due to the inclusion of new Dante over old Dante and Raiden over Snake. I'm glad Marth and Ike's return destroyed this whole relevancy nonsense, because it shows that Smash Bros.' only factors are importance and iconic influence.

Also, regarding DLC, Sakurai has already stated there are plans for DLC content, for they plan to release patches instead, in case a character is broken or if there's an exploitable bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back