• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Search in Black and White, and then save it. Import your new version, still in Black and White, and write to ROM. You can then edit the colours in APE (note that all the badges share the same palette; they are greyscale in the games).

Years
Perhaps try reading a tutorial on palette editing? Or maybe even downloading APE (Advanced Palette Editor, can be found in HackMew's Tool Factory), and reading the more-than-adequate mini-tutorial in the readme that comes with it.

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2010
I was making a Rocket hack, and I was editing Viridian City. I took out some of the stuff like the script box for the old man and did some other things such as replace the gym with a bunch of rocks, but otherwise I don't know what I did that would make it freeze. I tried putting the Script box back into the game with the same exact details from what I could see from a clean rom on Advance Map without opening the script. It freezes when it's suppose to say my new city, like the part where the box where it tells where you pops up, thats where it freezes. If anything is wanted I can try to do it.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I was making a Rocket hack, and I was editing Viridian City. I took out some of the stuff like the script box for the old man and did some other things such as replace the gym with a bunch of rocks, but otherwise I don't know what I did that would make it freeze. I tried putting the Script box back into the game with the same exact details from what I could see from a clean rom on Advance Map without opening the script. It freezes when it's suppose to say my new city, like the part where the box where it tells where you pops up, thats where it freezes. If anything is wanted I can try to do it.

Probably a header script conflict, you got rid of the old man, which means that the Level Script for that map can't configure him correctly.

You'll have to either get rid of that level script or do something else taht I can't think of ATM. (Sorry, pneumonia medicine maknig me a little loopy.

Wallace Berlitz

I'm back for lucks and givin'
Years
1636-Pokemon-FireRedVersionU_01.png

Any help for my sprite? It's floating :(

Giga Universe

Working on a tool.
Years
1636-Pokemon-FireRedVersionU_01.png

Any help for my sprite? It's floating :(

Yep, it can be changed with some hex editing. Can't remember the offsets, so here is a link to a tool that does it for you :). Try the Advanced Sprite Position Editor (ASPE) in Wichu's GBA Toolbox [Here] It will also get rid of that shadow, but if thats what you want it can still fix it...

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
I'm editing the sound.sdat of Diamond. I want to replace a .sseq with an another .sseq, but the one I want to insert is bigger (original 13,100kb; custom 26,000kb), and I can't insert it. Is there a way to expand the sound.sdat and do something like GBA repointing to replace correctly the song?

Years
There is a variable to check which direction the player is facing, right? If so, what variable is it, and how to use it? (I mean: which value means what direction, or does it work another way?)

Years
There is a variable to check which direction the player is facing, right? If so, what variable is it, and how to use it? (I mean: which value means what direction, or does it work another way?)

0x800C is the variable, however XSE's built-in STD allows you to simply add PLAYER_FACING in your script instead. I believe the facing down is 0x0, facing up is 0x1, facing left is 0x2 and facing right is 0x3, however don't quote me on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back