• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Brown 2009 [Final Dungeon Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbingdog

I wanna be the guy
Years
Wow, the type and move changes are awesome. My Porygon is Abnormal, my Bellsprout is Grass/Wood, my Charmeleon knows Metal Claw (edit: and now dragonbreath too O_O), my Seel knows Octazooka...

edit again: okay, question time. I'm at the Hayward Mall, and I want to buy a TM, but they don't tell me which is which. Can you provide a list of TMs or something?

Years
Been eagarly following this hack by Datai's videos, I'm happy this is finally released (And the sole reason I've logged onto this forum, I've got some uh, conflicts of interests). It has been a while since I've had to use an IPS patch, but I know it will be worth it. Time to give Lameboy a workout.

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
First off, thanks a lot CBM for making this great game.
Second, do pokemon that normally have to be traded to evolve now evolve by level like in some hacks? If not, the game doesn't appear to work on VBA Link or TGB Dual...

DarkLink3753

Cok-a-doodle-DAMN!
Years
Duuude i was about to download the original when i found out about this. So i waited waited and now its out I cant wait to start it. Got a problem tho.... i downloaded the pokemon red rom for my VBA (on a Mac) and it like speeds through everything. Like it starts up and everything goes like lightning fast. The patch does the exact same thing. Any help on how to slow it down to normal size?

and i know theres no discussion on roms here, i just wanted to help give a clearer image on my problem. thanks to anyone who can help me out!

DarkLink3753

Cok-a-doodle-DAMN!
Years
k thanks! i'm just a little new to hacked games and whatnot but this is already turning out to be awesome. great job CBM! i played some of rijonadventures but quit cuz it was a third sequel. by the time i'm done with this, hopefully prism will be in progress so i can play that shortly after, then rijonadventures. again, awesome job!

~Undefined~

Aspiring Pokémon Master...
Years
Another problem... On the Prism thread it said on the type chart that fighting has no bonus damage against abnormal, but when a Machop used karate chop on my Porygon, it was super effective.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2010
Another problem... On the Prism thread it said on the type chart that fighting has no bonus damage against abnormal, but when a Machop used karate chop on my Porygon, it was super effective.

I'm not sure but my guess would be that Karate Chop may not be a Fighting-type attack in the game. There are a few moves like that, for example Gust is neutral on my Porygon2 but Peck is super effective.

I'm having a rocking time on this game. I was curious as to how happiness-based Pokemon would evolve in this game, but I wasn't keen on using a Golbat to find out. I've just beaten Giovanni in the warehouse and so far the only glitches I have encountered were being done damage by Focus Energy one time, and my Croconaw temporarily having infinite heatlh.

Some people in-game are pretty darn creepy, too. One trainer tries to kill you with his Fearow (which he didn't actually battle me with).

hinsburg

Confused
Years
Two glitches:

1. Azalea seems to have some movement issues with those jumpable things that I still don't know what they are for some reason. The ones by the well are unjumpable and there were some other ones that I forgot that were near there.

2. Somewhere along the way I got a PP Up (as opposed to a PP UP) that only says "there's a time and place for everything" when I try to use it.

robbingdog

I wanna be the guy
Years
I'm not sure but my guess would be that Karate Chop may not be a Fighting-type attack in the game

Well actually that wasn't something CBM changed. For some strange reason, the developers overlooked that fact that Karate Chop should be Fighting-type, and instead made it Normal. This was fixed for all gens past RBY.

Also, FYI, Gust is Wind-type now.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2010
Well actually that wasn't something CBM changed. For some strange reason, the developers overlooked that fact that Karate Chop should be Fighting-type, and instead made it Normal. This was fixed for all gens past RBY.

Also, FYI, Gust is Wind-type now.

Yeah, I had a feeling that was the case. The latter part is new to me though, so sweet.

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
Hey everybody I'm new here, but I was hoping I could have some questions answered...

1. I just began Pokemon Brown 1.0 about 2 weeks ago

-Do I wait until I finish the game before I apply the patch or do it now?
-How do I evolve trade based pokemon? (Alakazam, MaChamp, Golem, etc)

How exactly do I go about applying the 2nd patch? I use VisualBoyAdvance, does this affect my savefile?

Are there any missing pokemon in the original 1.0?? If so...can I trade between brown and red/blue?

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2012
I'm not sure if this is only my problem, but the third trainer in the basement of the Safari Zone (or whatever that park is called) has a glitch Pokemon known as ?????. Everytime I face him, the game just freezes completely.

Do I need my Silph Scope or something? Even still, the game completely freezing the first time lost me quite a bit of data ; _ ;

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
-sigh- I knew there would be glitches... I hate them so much.

I'm not sure if this is only my problem, but the third trainer in the basement of the Safari Zone (or whatever that park is called) has a glitch Pokemon known as ?????. Everytime I face him, the game just freezes completely.

Do I need my Silph Scope or something? Even still, the game completely freezing the first time lost me quite a bit of data ; _ ;

Sorry about that, it'll be fixed next time.

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
Hey everybody I'm new here, but I was hoping I could have some questions answered...

1. I just began Pokemon Brown 1.0 about 2 weeks ago

-Do I wait until I finish the game before I apply the patch or do it now?
-How do I evolve trade based pokemon? (Alakazam, MaChamp, Golem, etc)

How exactly do I go about applying the 2nd patch? I use VisualBoyAdvance, does this affect my savefile?

Are there any missing pokemon in the original 1.0?? If so...can I trade between brown and red/blue?
Well I found out Brown 1.0 does not involve all 151, therefore I must trade for the rest, can anyone help on the rest of the questions?

~Undefined~

Aspiring Pokémon Master...
Years
Well I found out Brown 1.0 does not involve all 151, therefore I must trade for the rest, can anyone help on the rest of the questions?
Trade evolve Pokemon have to be traded on Brown 1.0, but on Brown 2.0, you find trade stones.

My Pokedex loves me now, it's glitching up and saying I have 224 caught. O.O

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
I updated a patch that removes the ????? from the trainer in the Eagulou Park Cave. I'll fix the Pokedex glitch later, it's weird I've tested with at least 5 people and it never happened to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back