• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The PC Fitness Club

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
And I am TOTALLY judging you for Fall Out Boy >.> I'm sure Impo will be happy to see all these new songs he has to check out though.

Haha, it's cool. I just found out that iTunes has a fitness/workout music tab, so I can find some from there :D !

And I've ran a total of 11 kilometers this week (I've only ran twice) :D

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I am joining this here club, because Impo told me to and I can't say no to Impo :P

I don't know how much I'll be able to contribute since walking/slight running is the only fitness-related stuff I do, but I'll try my best! Maybe I can learn something lol

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Yay Andy :D !

I bet my running record Friday, and I reached 6 kilometers :D
Also I started to do the core blaster again today but my parents came home and I stopped

Shining Raichu

Years
This is my main problem - if I'm going to exercise or "work out", I really don't want other people watching me or even looking at me or being in the vicinity whatsoever. So I don't do anything except walking unless there is nobody else in the house... which is rare.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
You should join a gym: no one really looks at you.
And there'll be worse people there. One time at mine someone was exercising in a vest, and an old lady wearing slippers.

Years
Username: fiOWNya
Why you're joining: I like working out. ;) I love Beachbody products (so much I became a coach for em), currently doing a round of P90X2. I also love lifting weights and working on balance stuff... yoga is great once I calm down my always running mind a bit, also love Parkour/martial arts. Hate cardiovascular workouts, especially running, but I don't mind plyometric work so usually just sub that in.

Don't like going to the gym, so my hubby and I have a bit of a home gym - some weights, pull up bar, etc. Next on the list is our own bench press. =)

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
I am joining this here club, because Impo told me to and I can't say no to Impo :P

I don't know how much I'll be able to contribute since walking/slight running is the only fitness-related stuff I do, but I'll try my best! Maybe I can learn something lol

This is my main problem - if I'm going to exercise or "work out", I really don't want other people watching me or even looking at me or being in the vicinity whatsoever. So I don't do anything except walking unless there is nobody else in the house... which is rare.

Lol whats this? You're joining a club where people talk about fitness and working out!? I am shocked!@! If you don't like people watching you I'm sure you have a shed or room somewhere where you can do some home workouts and calisthenics like the one on the front page without anyone seeing.

Yay Andy :D !

I bet my running record Friday, and I reached 6 kilometers :D
Also I started to do the core blaster again today but my parents came home and I stopped

Congratulations Impo! That's some good progress you're getting there! How good does it feel accomplishing something that you didn't think you could and beating your own personal records!
Do you like the core blaster? I personally feel fantastic after it! Aka my core is killing me :D. Did you figure out how to do all the work outs?

Username: fiOWNya
Why you're joining: I like working out. ;) I love Beachbody products (so much I became a coach for em), currently doing a round of P90X2. I also love lifting weights and working on balance stuff... yoga is great once I calm down my always running mind a bit, also love Parkour/martial arts. Hate cardiovascular workouts, especially running, but I don't mind plyometric work so usually just sub that in.

Don't like going to the gym, so my hubby and I have a bit of a home gym - some weights, pull up bar, etc. Next on the list is our own bench press. =)

:O My god you're perfect for this club! You could help with workouts and maybe tailor some specifically for the female members of PC and the club! YAYS! Please share some with us!.

And I dont think I've ever stepped inside a real gym haha. I have everything I need at home. A Bench Press, dumbells, barbells, chin up bar, a cable gym set thingo which is hand for some things, etc.

Wiilio

Friendly neighborhood fatman
Years
This club is so active :o If there were a club of the month thing for this part of the forums, I bet we'd get it!

I've been increasing my running as well, Impo. Still hate running, but it's not as much of a chore as it used to be. Back during my senior year in high school I couldn't run 10 laps around the gym without nearly collapsing.

When I get back to college, I wouldn't mind at all taping the gym we have. We have two, actually.

Weigh-in tomorrow morning!

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Congratulations Impo! That's some good progress you're getting there! How good does it feel accomplishing something that you didn't think you could and beating your own personal records!
Do you like the core blaster? I personally feel fantastic after it! Aka my core is killing me :D. Did you figure out how to do all the work outs?

I feel dead :D ! Well, just my legs, so yeah.
It's actually very rewarding, since I've now doubled my distance.

And I can't feel more core either, but I think it's working :D ! I feel sexy ;)

I've been increasing my running as well, Impo. Still hate running, but it's not as much of a chore as it used to be. Back during my senior year in high school I couldn't run 10 laps around the gym without nearly collapsing.

I remember in Year 8 we had to run 400 metres for PE and I had to walk the last bit, and now I'm running 15 times that much. I don't even do PE anymore at school, no idea why I didn't choose it...

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
This club is so active :o If there were a club of the month thing for this part of the forums, I bet we'd get it!

When I get back to college, I wouldn't mind at all taping the gym we have. We have two, actually.

Weigh-in tomorrow morning!

You should just start the new home work out I put up if you dont want to use weights or go to the gym, it'll help you get stronger xD
Also Im excited to see your results in the next weigh in. Yays!

I feel dead :D ! Well, just my legs, so yeah.
It's actually very rewarding, since I've now doubled my distance.

And I can't feel more core either, but I think it's working :D ! I feel sexy ;)

I remember in Year 8 we had to run 400 metres for PE and I had to walk the last bit, and now I'm running 15 times that much. I don't even do PE anymore at school, no idea why I didn't choose it...

That's fantastic Impo! That's a fantastic gain! Lets be honest, the core blaster is fantastic and gets you like this <No inserting picture cause apparently no face doesnt count>.
That is a fantastic gain though! You're starting to kill it impbro! If you wanna cut up more try sprinting for like 20-50 meters every few hundred meters. We will get everyone on PC fit!!!!!

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
FITNESS GOAL :D !

Doing some core blasters now, and I can feel lactic acid pooling in my abdomen. That's gonna hurt in the morning.

snowman4686

Breeder Chris
Years
Username: Snowman4686
Why I'm Joining: Well Wet Paint said I should join,
I can teach you anything about British Military PT, I'm currently in the Army as an Engineer in the reserves, as I have to keep at optimal fitness all the time I can teach you a lot =)
My strongest area is Jogging cold weather training, I'm not the sort that goes to a gym, I always train outdoors.

For those that haven't heard of this training method, its one I use all the time, its not very well known but you need a nice cold climate.

Cold Weather Training:
This is where the person/s in question push there body to there max in Minus temperatures.
Before I continue I think it would be best if i discussed some of the dangers with this method.

1. there is a very real risk of hypothermia so dress warm e.g combats,vest, hoodie
2. Icy conditions as you will be moving a lot, wear good gripping shoes
3. I would really suggest taking a partner for the first few times untill your use to the method as you don't want to make a mistake and injure yourself alone
4. keep a mobile with full charge and credit

Wonder why its in cold weather?
Well in military training we need to be able to adjust to any scenario so i created this training program for myself, training in cold weather helps build your resistance to the elements and generally toughens you up.

Ok so onto the fun bit.

1'st of you will need a medium/large rucksack whatever you wanna call it, something you can store plenty of bulk in, First you want to pack a good 10-12 water bottles, BUT don't overdo yourself just take as many as you think you can handle, this really helps build back muscles and shoulder, next you will be jogging in cold weather so remember to dress warm.

Start with 1 mile, I use a Nike+ sports watch with the trainers (but they sensor works in my training boots) so it keeps an eye on how many miles I have done and my heart rate, its very important you don't let your heart rate climb to high until your body adjusts.

So jog for as far as you can not fast but at a steady pace, I would suggest after 3 months you should be averaging 1mile and a half in 9mins 20 but you don't have to everyone works differently.

For this next one you will be doing press ups and sit ups.
This can be done in the comfort of your own garden (as long as its cold)
do 10 - 50 press ups (I'm starting low as it would be your first attempt)
do 10 - 50 sit ups
Another good thing to do would be to find yourself a sturdy plastic box, fill it with junk till its as heavy as required, lie on your back and bench press it, cheaper and just as effective as going to the gym, just be careful you don't drop it on your head x) i'd suggest one with handles.

Relay Running:
Set up 6 cones, bags or even drinks bottles at intervals through a field, as far apart as you like, then get a stopwatch (one that will buzz at a certain time) so set it to 15 second alarm then sprint as fast as you can seeing how far you can get along these cones and back, if you can make it all the way, move them further apart, BUT only have 5 - 10 seconds rest max between reps as you don't want to start stiffening up.

One last thing, people say you shouldn't drink water when jogging, well I have to caution that you do in cold temperatures, I was bed ridden for 3 days because one night i forgot to bring a water bottle (i fill my rucksack with tools or bricks) and I went jogging for a couple of hours feeling fine, then next morning I could just about breathe, because the cold weather gets into your lungs and dries them, if you forget a drink put a rag around your neck and mouth even if you sweat more, you will thank me the morning after ;)

Anyway I hope you enjoy this guide, and PLEASE be careful this is not for the feint hearted.

If you need any advice on what to eat, drink or diets i'll write up another guide.

Thanks

Chris

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Whats your fitness goal Impo o.O
The core blaster should only be done like once or twice a week though :S.

THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH SNOWMAN! That's fantastic help! I'll put it on the front page right away. It's so fantastic that you put so much work into it as well. How often should you do this workout, like once or twice a week etc??

snowman4686

Breeder Chris
Years
grr just wrote another section and the website failed TT
I wont re write it all but basicly...
1. DO NOT put your hands or any part of you body in hot water after training as you will get Chillblains which is very dangerous.
2. Do this once a week if your not use to it, I'm currently doing it 3 - 4 evenings of the week when the weathers cold but now its summer.
3. I'll add more at some point, can I edit it once its on the front page?

Thanks and train hard =)

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Cold weather training? Now that it's getting cold here in Australia and the gym's freakishly populated on Mondays I could try that.

I just need to get a good diet going. I've avoided soft drinks and McDonalds/Hungry Jacks/KFC for around a year and a half, but I'm becoming more lenient with cake and chocolate and sweets and that kind of stuff.
Asdfghjkl why is dieting so hard D: ?

Shining Raichu

Years
Ah, dieting. Here's where I can be of some use.

I am a Weight Watchers Lifetime member, which is how I lost 25kg and became halfway decent-looking :P, so if you have dieting questions I am happy to impart my wisdom!

What I would say now is that it's fine to be lenient with things like chocolate and sweets and stuff. The first thing they teach you is that if you deny yourself that stuff and give yourself a zero-tolerance policy for it, you might as well just not bother dieting at all because you're just going to end up weakening you'll slip back into old habits.

Just remember that it's a sometimes food, as the Cookie Monster would say, and don't hate yourself every time you eat a bite of something that's not good for you.

When I was losing weight I still had candy pretty much daily!

snowman4686

Breeder Chris
Years
It gets cold in Australia o.o haven't been there yet ^^

What do you think Wetpaint? its my first attempt at the bars
2v36jnt.png

Last edited:
Years
I'm a little non-trad when it comes to diet, but I follow a paleo diet - meat, veggies, nuts and seeds, no grains, no processed food - I cheat a little with limited dairy and some dark chocolate. I don't feel limited at all, because I love meat and veggies, and bread just doesn't taste that good anymore. When I do feel like cheating, I do, for the same reasons as Shining Raichu. I try to stick to grassfed meat, but when I have to get conventional I go for a little lower fat because a lot of toxins congregate in the fat. However, in general I'm on a fairly high fat high protein, moderate to low carb (I eat sweet potatoes and that type of thing because I work out so much). I've never felt better.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Ah, dieting. Here's where I can be of some use.

I am a Weight Watchers Lifetime member, which is how I lost 25kg and became halfway decent-looking :P, so if you have dieting questions I am happy to impart my wisdom!

What I would say now is that it's fine to be lenient with things like chocolate and sweets and stuff. The first thing they teach you is that if you deny yourself that stuff and give yourself a zero-tolerance policy for it, you might as well just not bother dieting at all because you're just going to end up weakening you'll slip back into old habits.

Just remember that it's a sometimes food, as the Cookie Monster would say, and don't hate yourself every time you eat a bite of something that's not good for you.

When I was losing weight I still had candy pretty much daily!

Thank god! But how much can you eat daily/weekly? I also eat a crapload of carbs, so that's not good.

I'm a little non-trad when it comes to diet, but I follow a paleo diet - meat, veggies, nuts and seeds, no grains, no processed food - I cheat a little with limited dairy and some dark chocolate. I don't feel limited at all, because I love meat and veggies, and bread just doesn't taste that good anymore. When I do feel like cheating, I do, for the same reasons as Shining Raichu. I try to stick to grassfed meat, but when I have to get conventional I go for a little lower fat because a lot of toxins congregate in the fat. However, in general I'm on a fairly high fat high protein, moderate to low carb (I eat sweet potatoes and that type of thing because I work out so much). I've never felt better.

Wow, you must have a lot of determination to follow that diet, well done! But I doubt I'd be able to do something like that. I want to invest in getting a dietitians opinion, or whatever you call them

Back