• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Protagonists.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

The male looks way to much Hilbert, like others have said. I don't really like either of them, but the girls pretty cute I guess. I'll probably still pick the male because it feels weird picking a female for me haha.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I'm hoping that we can heavily customize characters.
It's not that I've anything against girls, or that I'm sexist, but I always choose my gender; Boy.
The design looks like a Hilbert knock off, but hey 9 months to re do things, nothing is certain at this point.

Also girl; 11/10 would trade with.

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
I like the girl's design, although, yes, a bit formal. I do love that hat she wears. The boy looks a lot like the Pokemon Black and White male trainer, though.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
The female's hair looks... odd. She has a lot of it and looks like she tied it at the bottom which is strange? Idk I'm only thinking about this because I have a lot of hair and that is something I would never ever do! Her outfit does seem to fit with the region's theme, French, which kind of seems more formal than the rest?

The... male protagonist has almost the exact same color as the BW design but he is plainer and has weird sunglasses on his head. He just looks kinda odd, but I think they might be changing with the protagonists around a lot. Maybe they only released him like that so they could see what the fans thought? They could have just whipped up quick designs to use to show off the 3D gameplay.

I saw this art on tumblr that looks nice though! n_n (click for source)
Spoiler:

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
I definitely like the girl protagonist more than the male one, he just seems too similar to BW. As for the girl, I actually like her design a lot, and idk if I'm the only one, but in the second pic of her, she kind of reminds me of May...

Serperion

The Fallen King
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
Male Player - Looks like Hilbert some posts have said that. Yes and no, Hilbert lacked glasses had a different hairstyle and face to this new character, however the clothing is nearly identical. Possibly a descendant?

Female Player - Does anyone else think she looks like a Blonde Gen V Pokemon Ranger? Just my opinion it just seem that's what they went for.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
The female's hair looks... odd. She has a lot of it and looks like she tied it at the bottom which is strange? Idk I'm only thinking about this because I have a lot of hair and that is something I would never ever do!

I believe it's called a..."loose ponytail?" I actually really have no idea...but Tifa from Final Fantasy 7 basically had her hair tied the same way. (I've tried tying mine like that once and it takes some time getting used to, lol!)

In other subjects, I don't know if anyone mentioned this but the female protagonist also has glasses on her hat. Any ideas on uses? I personally think they're just for show, like the scarves on Lucas, Dawn, and Barry.

Also, just an interesting glitch found on tumblr about the male protag's glasses: (large pics under the spoiler!)
Spoiler:

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
That glitch is actually quite funny, but it'll probs be fixed by the time of the game's release, they do have another 9 months after all.
Also, I actually think the male protag resembles a certain other male protagonist from France, if only in face shape and hairstyle:
Spoiler:

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
tumblr_mgb1jliG2v1qlcbduo3_1280.png

Ahh I really love the female's protagonist's design this time. I'd definitely play through as her, since I didn't find the male character too appealing, he didn't stand out and closely resembled Hilbert which was sort of disappointing and I thought the design lacked creativity, to be honest :<. I love the girl's one though, it's simple but effective, she does sort of resemble Leaf I have to agree, but her outfits and appearance stands out from the past few.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Male protagonist is meh, as usual.

However, the female is extremely attractive. Finally we get another Pokemon girl with an actual skirt instead of shorts. She does look like a more formal version of Leaf but in my case that is probably the biggest compliment I can give out. I am definitely going to be playing as her when these games come out. Only one minor gripe: Tights > thigh-highs. Other than that they did an excellent job with the heroine for these new games.

Customization would be nice but honestly isn't necessary, at least for the girl.

Years
The Main Character

*I looked and didn't see a thread like this, so I'm sorry if there is!

So for each game we've gotten a bit of a backstory on the character. We know their hometown, we know that Red/Leaf have been rivals with Gary since birth, and that Ethan is good friends with Lyra. We know that Brendan's/May's father is Norman, and we know Lucas/Dawn's mother used to partake in contests. We know that Hilbert/Hilda are childhood friends with Cheren and Bianca, and we know that Rosa/Nate are friends with Hugh.

SO after that brief overview, we can see that we know very little about each main character's backstory. Do you think in X and Y we will learn more about the history of the Main Character? Do you personally want there to be more to the Main Character?

Bonus: Create your own backstory for the Main Character! :D

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
We have screenies of the girl in two different outfits. Maybe that means we can pick the clothes we want our characters to wear. The Hilbert getup may just be a placeholder as well, or merely a default choice.

EDIT: Upon closer inspection, it appears that I didn't look close enough the first time. The girl is wearing the same outfit in both screens. Whoops!

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
I hope we have a Father figure in this game, we've only ever had this happen once and that was in RSE so it would be nice for a change. In fact I wonder if they decide to replace the Mom with the Dad.

Guy

just a guy
Years
It's hard to judge the protagonists from what we've seen so far. The male protagonist looks to be extremely bland in his design. While for the female, we haven't really gotten a clear shot of her yet. Although I can't stop thinking of Hilbert when I see the new guy, I would actually say I like his style a lot better. Maybe it's the shades. I don't know.

Hopefully the artwork for them come out sometime soon.
I hope we have a Father figure in this game, we've only ever had this happen once and that was in RSE so it would be nice for a change. In fact I wonder if they decide to replace the Mom with the Dad.
A father figure for the protagonists would be nice actually.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
I love them both! The female looks so pretty but she still is practical and not inappropriately dressed. She does look a bit like Leaf, so that will make Leaf's fangirls/boys happy. I'm loving that hat.

I really like the guy too. He looks like Hilbert, like everyone said, but I really like Hilbert/Black because reasons so yeah the new guy is cool.

If I ever do get the games I'll play as the girl, but I have no 3ds so I won't be getting these anytime soon.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I don't think they'll include a backstory for the main character, because it seems that Nintendo made them silent so that we could fill in our own ideas for them instead of someone else deciding for us. That's what I like.. anyway.

I'd have to learn more about the story before writing a biography for the character :3

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I'm going to play as the male character when Pokémon X and Y are released. I think the designs of the characters are really stunning, even though the male character looks similar to Hilbert in Pokémon Black/White.

Back