• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Old characters returning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 14, 2017
Is there anyone here,other than me, who wants old characters to return more than anything in the anime? I personally want Dawn and Brock to come back and travel with Ash in Alola region. Whom do u want to return? And do u think that will happen?

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
Years
  • Age 24
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 6, 2023
I don't know why but I've always liked Looker and his contribution in Platinum. I was also quite surprised to see he returned in Pokémon X/Y. As far as I'm aware he hasn't been in the Anime for a while, so hopefully he returns in both Sun and Moon and the anime :P

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Misty definitely needs to return. I'll also allow Brock to return, although ONLY if they cut his womanizing gag and they actually allow Brock to pursue his goal on the cast (which should be easy since his being a doctor will give him more use than as a breeder now).

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2016
I'd love for characters to return, I miss a lot of them. I'd love for Dawn to return most of all as she was my favorite heroine in this series, I don't really like Misty or Iris so I could live without cameos of them. I admit I do miss Brock finally, so many years I wanted him gone.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
I'd love for characters to return, I miss a lot of them. I'd love for Dawn to return most of all as she was my favorite heroine in this series, I don't really like Misty or Iris so I could live without cameos of them. I admit I do miss Brock finally, so many years I wanted him gone.

If Dawn has to return, they definitely should make sure she does so only in a region that has Contests, whether Anime-exclusive or otherwise appearing in the games. Her BW cameo was just stupid and pointless.

As far as Misty and Iris, I won't comment on Iris, largely because she at least IS pursuing her goal, but I do think Misty should return, if for no other reason than to actually have her pursue her goal yet again, and NOT be forced into a Gym again. If she must leave, it really shouldn't be to run a gym again. She wanted to become a Water Pokémon Master, something akin to the Elite 4 or even the regional champion, in other words. A Gym Leader doesn't suit her goals. Did Ash become a Gym Leader to become Pokémon Master? Heck no! You may not personally like Misty, but at least understand that she really needs to be able to actually pursue her goal rather than be forced into a gym and be a punching bag. It would be like if at the end of AG, May, just as she was about to set out for Johto, gets an emergency call from her dad telling her that he's either become extremely injured and/or falling under a grave illness and has no other option but to assign her to be the gym leader of Petalburg City Gym, meaning she's forced to put her goals on the side burner to take care of it, and she cannot escape from the Gym afterward, to give a good example. I always hated what they did to Misty at the end of Johto, especially after AG basically made most of the Gym Leaders out to be wimps. I don't want Misty to end up being treated like Jessie James and Meowth were in Episode 3 of the entire series where they lost to a Caterpie despite having the clear advantage.

As far as Brock, any coolness Brock may have had was killed in Kanto, with Johto onward, they just turned him into Glenn Quagmire from Family Guy. If they are to bring him back, they need to do at least one of two things: 1. Have his goal, whether it be Pokemon Doctor or Pokemon Breeder, actually be FOCUSED on, and 2., and probably most importantly, they should either cut out his womanizing gag, or at the very least tone it down significantly, as his gag is completely inappropriate for the target age.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 14, 2017
It was bcoz of Brock and dawn leaving the anime that I left watching pokemon I really couldn't bear iris and cilan :/ I would be happy if misty or may return too. At least we the old fans deserve this

Years
Is there anyone here,other than me, who wants old characters to return more than anything in the anime? I personally want Dawn and Brock to come back and travel with Ash in Alola region. Whom do u want to return? And do u think that will happen?

yes I do. old characters are much better that the new ones. that's my opinion

Guest123_x1

I'd really love for Misty to return to the anime, as well as some of the recurring characters from the Original Series (such as Casey and Ritchie), but of course, we all know those things are never going to happen...

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
I'd really love for Misty to return to the anime, as well as some of the recurring characters from the Original Series (such as Casey and Ritchie), but of course, we all know those things are never going to happen...

Never say never. After all, I don't think we ever expected Jessiebelle to get a reappearance, yet she did exactly that in Diamond and Pearl nearing the end of the latter season, almost a dozen years after her debut. And considering she was essentially a Character of the Day, that mathematics-wise made her exceptionally unlikely to return to the series.

Heck, I doubt we even expected Charizard to actually return on a semi-permanent basis, which is what Unova did.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Odd one out, but Paul.

Paul was one of Ash's most competent rivals, and I'd love to see him return one day. Sadly, I don't think that's very likely. To my knowledge, the only one of Ash's rivals that ever returned were Ritchie and Gary, after that, past rivals have not returned since. It's a real shame. What a waste of a good character... maybe someday. u_u

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 27, 2016
If the things are true about past people coming back in the games I wonder how that would do for the anime. Like it being the 20th anniversary game I would not be shocked to see people return. Heck maybe even past gym leaders end up being trial captains/kahunas in Alola. Maybe Giovanni returns as a dark trial captain. Since it is the 20th anniversary next year anime wise I would be fine if they brought back the OG trio. Would be good since it is is a beach style region. Perfect for Misty,Seeing Brock now as a doctor could do new things for the show and seeing Ash all skilled out with them would be cool. Maybe misty really does well on her goal and is offered a role as a E4 member at the end of S&M

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
If the things are true about past people coming back in the games I wonder how that would do for the anime. Like it being the 20th anniversary game I would not be shocked to see people return. Heck maybe even past gym leaders end up being trial captains/kahunas in Alola. Maybe Giovanni returns as a dark trial captain. Since it is the 20th anniversary next year anime wise I would be fine if they brought back the OG trio. Would be good since it is is a beach style region. Perfect for Misty,Seeing Brock now as a doctor could do new things for the show and seeing Ash all skilled out with them would be cool. Maybe misty really does well on her goal and is offered a role as a E4 member at the end of S&M

Just as an FYI, unlike the other characters who departed, Misty never was able to pursue her goal, since her sisters essentially forced Misty to become a Gym Leader, and it's made clear in the anime and even the games to a certain extent that a gym leader cannot advance to Elite 4 or Champion, let alone a Pokémon Master, if they remain that. But other than that, I agree.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 27, 2016
Just as an FYI, unlike the other characters who departed, Misty never was able to pursue her goal, since her sisters essentially forced Misty to become a Gym Leader, and it's made clear in the anime and even the games to a certain extent that a gym leader cannot advance to Elite 4 or Champion, let alone a Pokémon Master, if they remain that. But other than that, I agree.

I never got this since I swear her sisters were back in a Chronicles episode. Would't that allow her to keep travelling since they were back from the trip? That and the fact I thought it was a year long trip but Dawn said in BW and year had passed since the last Wallace Cup. I mean it is very possible things were retconned (for the sake of idk XD) I just thing Alola would be such a good fit for her.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
I never got this since I swear her sisters were back in a Chronicles episode. Would't that allow her to keep travelling since they were back from the trip? That and the fact I thought it was a year long trip but Dawn said in BW and year had passed since the last Wallace Cup. I mean it is very possible things were retconned (for the sake of idk XD) I just thing Alola would be such a good fit for her.

They kind of explained that during the time when Misty returned for the beginning of Battle Frontier (Misty tried to delay returning, Daisy called in essentially threatening to hand out badges to challengers if she doesn't return to Cerulean City, pronto).

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 27, 2016
They kind of explained that during the time when Misty returned for the beginning of Battle Frontier (Misty tried to delay returning, Daisy called in essentially threatening to hand out badges to challengers if she doesn't return to Cerulean City, pronto).

Ah must have forgot that

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years

I'd love to see this aswell! I always thought Ritchie would return, maybe in D/P but it never did. :s
Too bad we didn't get a 20th aniversary special, like the Mirage Pokemon one for the 10th. I'm sure it would of had tons of characters if it had been made.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
Bring back Ash's Butterfree and it would be great

Also Misty and her another midriff outfit

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 14, 2017
SM and anime's 20th anniversary are the last chances when any of them can return otherwise I don't think they will ever return. They might show that all of ash's companions achieved their goals when they decide to end ash's journey and start with a new protagonist. But that won't happen before we are grandparents :D

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 10, 2017
That's what makes me feel emotional but I do think that they with return. In the anime almost everyone seems to go to fulfill their dreams. Except misty max nd Bonnie. Brock told that he is going to be a pokemon doctor and the experience with ash will be a great help for him. I also miss them. But remember pokémon is targeted for kids and those who post here are not so little. Kids may get bored if they see the same companions I hope so.... But I m just get happy if they reunite ." Everyone go alone to achieve their dreams"

Years
Since the last reply to this was about 6 months ago, (Sun and Moon haven't started airing that time) I'm afraid I have to close this. If someone wants to discuss about this, feel free to create another thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back