• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Hex editing is Easy really. Don't let the Numbers and letters Confuse you. The all have meaning. With Hex you can do any thing:
  • Text
  • Script
  • Map(EXTREMELY Time Consuming)
  • ASM Hack
  • Palette hack
  • More Stuff I forgot

Hex is Really important to hackers, but most of them Are afraid of using it. If you've mastered Hex you have a perfect hack:) Even though I know how to do it, I'm still Learning

P.S. I need help with my hack too. Forget the Scripting part because I can script,but can't make them.:)

~closed/stickied~
(kidding)

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2010
Does anyone have the offsets for all 16 of the tile pallets on Pokemon FireRed?

Thanks.

Yellow Magikoopa

Doin' the electric slide
Years
I'll probably sound really dumb for saying this, but it will solve a MAJOR PROBLEM that I have. So....How do I connect routes? I'm nearly desperately asking this.... and I'll be able to get a great portion of my hack done.

I saw a tutorial on Youtube that showed you how, but I wasn't really paying attention when I watched it. D:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
pokemonmaster 41 said:
Where can I download a tool that will allow me to rip music from D/P?

Where can I download Sappy?

Can someone please post links? Thanks!

Well.., try downloading in WAH... (is posting external links okay...?)

Dr.Garchomp said:
I'll probably sound really dumb for saying this, but it will solve a MAJOR PROBLEM that I have. So....How do I connect routes? I'm nearly desperately asking this.... and I'll be able to get a great portion of my hack done.

Well.., you could use Advance Map and just connect two maps (a town or city and a route)...

Dr.Garchomp

Mr.Gaburiasu
Years
Well.., you could use Advance Map and just connect two maps (a town or city and a route)...[/QUOTE]

Oh so you you mean the connection manager? ..............................................................................................................................................thanks......................................................................................................

Yellow Magikoopa

Doin' the electric slide
Years
Hey, does anyone know where to go for someone to get started on script editing? I think I'll try my hand at that, but I have no idea how to use it after I downloaded it. @_@

spenceroone3

<he eats lots of burgers.
Years
Excuse me, i have a question, while using EliteMap how do you edit
the Scripted? cos i keep on opening the scripts, and editing them, then pressing save, but i doesn't change.Help with this would be appreciated.:tired:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
spenceroone3 said:
Excuse me, i have a question, while using EliteMap how do you edit
the Scripted? cos i keep on opening the scripts, and editing them, then pressing save, but i doesn't change.Help with this would be appreciated.:tired:

Well you might have to edit the scripts you want using ScriptEd(not the one in EliteMap). Otherwise you also could have the option of changing an event via a hex editor.

BOH

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2013
i moved a warp because i have changed the location of an entrace.
now if i enter from the outside is all regular, but if i go into warp from inside nothing happened...why?

this is the type of entrace

dpuj9.png

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
Years
now if i enter from the outside is all regular, but if i go into warp from inside nothing happened...why?

dpuj9.png

Make sure the place where you put the warp is 1 tile in front on the white entrance.

If it's on top of the entrance it won't work.
Also you have to find the tile that has a "special" type by going into block editor and finding the regular "cave floor" tile that has a special "behavior".

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
BOH said:

dpuj9.png

You need the warp there to leave, leaving that tile blank will have no effect.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
BOH said:
but why with the other type i don't have this problem?

Did you remove the warp from the entrance? If you didn't then you should be able to access the cave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back