• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen If you could add one thing to B2/W2, what would it be?

Years
I have no idea why following Pokemon and the auto running shoes were removed after HG/SS, but BW2 would've been the perfect place to have them return. I would've also like to have seen the return of the Battle Frontier. The Battle Subway and PWT were nice, but I loved some of the different strategies you needed to use in facilities like the Battle Pyramid and Pike, since they added another layer of challenge rather than just trying to win battles in different ways.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
B2/W2 could have really used a Safari Zone. There's a whole lot of empty map in there, and with the inclusion of interregional Pokemon, a Safari Zone would have been the perfect addition.

I don't understand why people love the Safari Zone. It's a place of doom! I'd rather catch my Pokémon properly instead of yelling at the DS when the 100th Yanma I find flees from me after I fling 5 mudballs at it and the Safari Ball almost catches it.

Safari Zone makes catching Pokémon too much luck based. Not a fan of it. Trying to catch Pokémon with low catch rates using the ridiculously weak Safari Balls is an exercise of patience.

Years
Yeah, I was never big for the Safari Zone either, except in HGSS where it's customizable and you can get a lot of different Pokémon in it in the post-game. And even then, you had to use Object Arrangement and wait several days for the cool stuff. V_V

But seems the most missed feature is Pokémon following you :P And to Cerebrus, the reason people liked that feature so much is because it made it easier to bond with your Pokémon and gives some interesting dialogue based on the environments.

Years
  • Age 34
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 22, 2014
FREAKING FOLLOWING POKEMON!!! After HGSS was released everyone was hyped up because well the Pokemon could follow you. Then Nintendo messed it up and got rid of that. They with the reveal of BW2, we hoped this feature would return, and of course it didn't. This is what we needed... and we now know it's not gonna be in X/Y either! HGSS WHY U TROLL US?!

Gotta agree with this. It was always cool seeing my shiny Pokemon following me around.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Hm, planting berries in the game. It's funny, because I don't even use berries that much, but I never really understood why was the Dream World the main source for berries. Actually having this as an extra feature implemented in the game would've been nice.

And I'd also like some sort of travel journal, where you could jot down a quick note, or better yet, I'd like to be able to add markers on the map, similar with the way we can add markers to our Pokemon. I'd use it for item maniacs, daily quests, or even to mark down a pretty place or pretty music.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Some kinda of feeding Pokemon thing like a Poffin or PokeBlock. Idk why but the baking/candy making of each was always super fun to me, and it would have been awesome if implemented in these games as well. c:

Years
Like what most of the others said, I'd add walking Pokemon like in HG/SS. It's always nice taking your Pokemon out of its Poke Ball to have it walk with you.

Some kinda of feeding Pokemon thing like a Poffin or PokeBlock. Idk why but the baking/candy making of each was always super fun to me, and it would have been awesome if implemented in these games as well. c:

I loved feeding Pokeblocks and Poffins to my Pokemon in older games, and if only they had something like that in 5th Gen I'd definitely would have added it. Because it's nice to give Pokemon food isn't it?

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
I just wish that the game itself was harder. The only thing that kept me from beating it in two days was the white tree hollow for white2

It probably would have been nice if they brought back the raffle thing on the top floor of the goldenrod department store from heartgold/soulsilver, i used to save up my money for days to do that raffle. Not to mention it was a way better way to get berrys than it was in bw2

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2013
Either revisit Sinnoh (because Unova is pretty small), or Pokemon can walk with you with the option to unsummon them.

Alloute

Cat Burglar
Years
I'd add the walking Pokemon feature from Hg/Ss because it was honestly the coolest thing ever. I'd love to have my Serperior or Braviary follow me around Unova in these games.

Back