• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Energy - Beta 5 Released

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Excellent, also when the new beta does come out will I need to patch a clean copy of silver or can I just patch over 3.1, also regardless of that will I be able to use my saves from 3.1 or will I have to start over?
You can't (or more like, should not) use the save file of beta 3.1 with beta 4.0.
There are so many differences between those two versions that there are certainly bugs there, probably even game breaking ones.

Beta 4 will come when it's ready. I'll be informing about the date when the time is right. Until then, I'll be working on it on my own pace.

Yet in fact, I think I can make it in June. But that's all I'm gonna say about it.

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2013
Hey miksy91 i think u hv completed pokemon brown so i need a help from u.

Will u plzz tell me how i go to egalou city and where i can get mist stone??

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
How exactly do i play this? I just get .jar file from the zip and i cant do anything with it.

How exactly do i play this? I just get .jar file from the zip and i cant do anything with it.
All right I got it. I didnt see its IPS file :D

Last edited:

miksy91

Years
Thanks for the comments!
There was nothing extraordinary in any of them, and I was being lazy, so I didn't answer any of you in person in this time. Sorry about that...
Anyway, there is SOMETHING to be cheerful about!

I've re-written the main post in the means of getting ready for the next beta. Lots of stuff has been going on lately and looks like I won't have many things to do for the next beta anymore. So writing a ReadMe along with remaking the first post felt appropriate things to do.

There are lots of interesting, but small, unveilings in the main post so go and check it out. You'll like most of the things you see there, that I can guarantee!

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2017
if i patched beta 4 to a clean Pokemon silver rom , can I continue my saved game or should i start all over again ?
and Active and NormaL Pokemon battle modes? COOL !! haha Just like Final Fantasy :D

miksy91

Years
if i patched beta 4 to a clean Pokemon silver rom , can I continue my saved game or should i start all over again ?
You should start all over from the beginning. But you definitely won't regret doing so ;)

Active and NormaL Pokemon battle modes? COOL !! haha Just like Final Fantasy :D
"Normal" is just the ordinary "SHIFT" battle mode that is automatically set. "Active" is a replacement of "SET" battle mode as a small asm hack that changes SET mode act like my mini-hack, "Active Battle System". You can find a video of it in youtube to check out what it is like if you want. Won't really be that "special" but there is a difference.

the game freezes when i talk to professor joke.
:\

Sorry, I really can't help. You see, there is nothing wrong with the script data that is executed when you talk to Prof. Joke. It sounds like the rom file you're using is somehow corrupted and can't execute a certain movement data that should be executed during the script.

There is not much to do in his lab though so if you can, just load from your save file and don't enter there at all. I'd like to know though, are you playing on an emulator in your PC or in Vizzed for instance? How about some other system, mobile, or something else?

Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
Just finished Beta 3.1. Great all around, just got in to playing hacks and this one is great. Love the plot line, and it's a very interesting idea. Love the subplots too, especially the Magikarp battles.

One quick thing though, I noticed that when I beat the Brightbulb gym, the leader said he was giving me Leftovers and as far as I know, it never appeared in my pack. Not sure if I just lost it or did something wrong or if its a problem with the game. Just a heads up for Beta 4.

Really looking forward to it. Great Job.

Never mind, I found it, I was indeed just being dumb.

Again, great job with the hack. It's been a blast

Last edited:

miksy91

Years
Just finished Beta 3.1. Great all around, just got in to playing hacks and this one is great. Love the plot line, and it's a very interesting idea. Love the subplots too, especially the Magikarp battles.

One quick thing though, I noticed that when I beat the Brightbulb gym, the leader said he was giving me Leftovers and as far as I know, it never appeared in my pack. Not sure if I just lost it or did something wrong or if its a problem with the game. Just a heads up for Beta 4.

Really looking forward to it. Great Job.

Never mind, I found it, I was indeed just being dumb.

Again, great job with the hack. It's been a blast
Thanks Nick! Glad to hear you really liked it :)

And... here's another update!

I bet none of you has seen this much action going on in such a short amount of time in a pokemon game before. So take precious 14 seconds of your life and click the "Play" button in the center of this video screen. You won't regret it! ;)

And that's not the full event of course :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2017
hehe i got the 4 pages now :) I defeated Sage Neal but when I rematched the tower , Sage Neal's Pokemon are more Powerful :D I have a Charizard , Venusaur , and Blastoise around level 55 , lvl 41 Umbreon and Arbok :D But I can't defeat his empowered team XD
Does something special will happen if you defeated him the second time around ? :)

miksy91

Years
hehe i got the 4 pages now :) I defeated Sage Neal but when I rematched the tower , Sage Neal's Pokemon are more Powerful :D I have a Charizard , Venusaur , and Blastoise around level 55 , lvl 41 Umbreon and Arbok :D But I can't defeat his empowered team XD
Does something special will happen if you defeated him the second time around ? :)
Something may happen when you beat him the second time in beta 4, but in beta 3 beating him again doesn't serve for any special purpose.

But what comes to beta 4.... IT'S PRETTY MUCH DONE!

I beta-tested the hack today and could only find a couple of small errors here and there which are fixed. In other words, the game is pretty much complete and should be totally error-free. If not, at least there shouldn't be any bigger bugs around (although there really shouldn't be any).

There are a few more things to be done which I can finish pretty quickly (< 30 minute job). Once I'm done with them, I could do another test play and release the next beta. One thing it would be lacking though is a new title screen so I may try to insert one that cabusao (creator of Emerald Gen II hack) made me earlier. But that would only be a temporary one so I might not bother with it. So Lugia may be seen flying around in title screen of beta 4 as well, even though it's not even included in the hack itself.

There we go!

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2016
Something may happen when you beat him the second time in beta 4, but in beta 3 beating him again doesn't serve for any special purpose.

But what comes to beta 4.... IT'S PRETTY MUCH DONE!

I beta-tested the hack today and could only find a couple of small errors here and there which are fixed. In other words, the game is pretty much complete and should be totally error-free. If not, at least there shouldn't be any bigger bugs around (although there really shouldn't be any).

There are a few more things to be done which I can finish pretty quickly (< 30 minute job). Once I'm done with them, I could do another test play and release the next beta. One thing it would be lacking though is a new title screen so I may try to insert one that cabusao (creator of Emerald Gen II hack) made me earlier. But that would only be a temporary one so I might not bother with it. So Lugia may be seen flying around in title screen of beta 4 as well, even though it's not even included in the hack itself.

There we go!

Hmm so then whens the release? :O
So stoked to play beta 4, played beta 3 a while back don't remember much and don't want to start beta 3 now and beta 4 comes out soon. ETA?

miksy91

Years
I can't promise anything, since I might have to break the promise if I did, but it could appear at a totally random moment in the next week.

And also for everyone who plays the hack right now to know, you won't be beta 3.1 save or rom files anymore - Recycle Bin is a good place for putting those.
You should start over from the beginning anyhow, you'll miss a lot of things if you don't (and game would turn out glitchy too).

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2017
oooohhh yeah :D i won't be bored anymore :D i like playing a lot of hacked Pokemon games but DE is the best :) even if it's just a GBC rom , it's still the coolest game (FOR ME ^_^) Job well done sir !! :) i'm so excited to play :D
P.S. Is the gaming level difficult? XD hehe coz i'm not so patient at raising 6 Pokemon all at once XD

miksy91

Years
oooohhh yeah :D i won't be bored anymore :D i like playing a lot of hacked Pokemon games but DE is the best :) even if it's just a GBC rom , it's still the coolest game (FOR ME ^_^) Job well done sir !! :) i'm so excited to play :D
Thanks! I truly like how this hack has turned out as well. Wouldn't have imagined doing anything like I'm doing right now, especially not two years ago.

P.S. Is the gaming level difficult? XD hehe coz i'm not so patient at raising 6 Pokemon all at once XD
The hack is actually a bit easier than what beta 3.1 was. I haven't changed the wild/trainers' pokemon of the gameplay of beta 3, so you don't have to train more than you did with beta 3. However, now that battle simulators have been added to the hack, you don't have to "bush grind" either (making it take way less time to gain levels when needed).

Beside that, after reaching Milky Village or so, beta 3 was pretty easy too. And the hack will continue the way it ended in beta 3 - making it possible to go on an on without having to "prepare" for any upcoming boss fight.

Finishing some sidequests does require lot of additional grinding though. But that's just because I have added several sidequests in the hack that would be pointless to finish so early in the game if you were playing a complete version of the hack instead. So they're pretty much "add-ons" that shouldn't really be finished yet at that point of the game.

miksy91

Years
You know who just finished scripting everything for beta 4.

Expect for the things I had planned to do, I re-wrote all the scenes in which Roland makes an appearance (been making him a totally different person than what you see him as in beta 3) and made two new scenes for him while at it.

So, soon people, soon...

Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
Hello again, here is something I was wondering about unrelated to beta 4. On 3.1,just north of highland town, I noticed that my itemfinder was detecting an item that had to be off of the route to the left (screenshot below). I also remembered in the Highland gym the leader tells you that cut can be used on BUSHES and trees, which I thought was interesting. But I tried to cut the bushes on the route and the game wouldn't let me. Is this an element of the game that isn't enabled yet? Just curious because the concept of cuts new trails by cutting bushes is very cool.

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2016
Miksy you're killing me, its thursday. >.<
I'm so stoked to get my hands on beta 4 and just spend hours upon hours!

Back