• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Seperating the "Pause" and "Cancel" controls

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 17, 2023
I'm surprised this hasn't bothered anyone else, but I really don't like the fact that the "Pause" and "Cancel" controls are tied to the same key. A friend of mine who was testing my game made this more apparent to me when he attempted to play with a controller, which generally has two separate buttons for pausing and canceling. I'm using FL's customizable controls script, but it only changes which keys perform the function rather than changing the function itself.

I don't mind the "Pause" control staying mapped to the "X" key, but is there a way to either script a different key for "Cancel", or at least make "Esc" only cancel without also making it pause?

Years
I'm not sure why this would bother anyone, as it is rather comfortable to have fewer buttons do more things.

But anyways, in the script you mentioned is the following line: "def self.defaultControls". As I understand it, you could simply remove or alter whatever you like in those lines.

Alternatively you can set your controls to whatever you like in "PSystem_Controls" under "def self.buttonToKey(button)". As for the button codes, visit this page.

Back