• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2010
Then anyone got an idea of how to make a D/P attack system into Fr? like some dark attacks are either physical or special based. Theres a game that has that system, so i wonder if its a Hex function or a skill function. thats why i was thinking on making new types. example, making a copy of the "normal" type but label it dark with same strenghts and weakness as the original dark and change the physical dark type attacks to this.

@about the post, i didnt saw because its full of sprite/pallete and tile replacing questions so i scrolled down fast.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
Then anyone got an idea of how to make a D/P attack system into Fr? like some dark attacks are either physical or special based. Theres a game that has that system, so i wonder if its a Hex function or a skill function. thats why i was thinking on making new types. example, making a copy of the "normal" type but label it dark with same strenghts and weakness as the original dark and change the physical dark type attacks to this.

@about the post, i didnt saw because its full of sprite/pallete and tile replacing questions so i scrolled down fast.

Again, ASM is needed, probably very complex. This is why it says "Search before Asking", so your question last time would have been answered before posting.

ville!

Abbysus, abbysus invocat!
Years
is possible to create new TMs? cuz' i wanna add 10 NEW tms

Last edited:

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
Years
is possible to create new TMs? cuz' i wanna add 10 NEW tms
No you can't. You can edit TMs, HMs and Attacks which are already In-game though. You can rename them, and edit there statistics, and also edit there animation, but to an extent, editing the animations takes time and care, and endless hours of staring at UnLZ xD.

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2016
how do you insert an entirley new building into tileset 0
i can insert into the specific tilesets fine but editing the first tileset is not working, and the buildings tiles are all jumbled up nd i can't find any
i need to know cuz i want to inert a hg/ss pokemon center
if u dont get what im saying ill try to explain it a little clearer
i want to insert this

e6y6i1.png

into tileset 0
i can't manage to do it properly
but the pallete is already edited for the pokemon center, os no trouble there

credits for the image goes to C.N.C

Last edited:

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I don't know if this has already been asked or not but how do I change the trainer image on the Advanced games? Not the sprite. The image of the trainer that appears in the intro and on the trainer card.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
Years
I don't know if this has already been asked or not but how do I change the trainer image on the Advanced games? Not the sprite. The image of the trainer that appears in the intro and on the trainer card.
The sprites that appear on the trainer card can be found in Unlz, the intro sprites are also in Unlz, but they have a 256-colour pallette, so you will have to change the pallette in programs like photoshop. I believe there is a detailed tutorial for that in the Documents & Tutorials section. The backsprites can be found in Tile Molester.

Now, my own question, for anyone who can help me is below:
Does anybody know how to edit the japanese letters (font) in FireRed?
FontEd doesn't seem to support FR ROMs and the japanese letters in Tile Molester look glitchy, no matter how much I try to fix them.
I don't know if this has been asked before, but it's buging me. I could make use of some help here. Thanks in advance!
It was asked several pages ago, so here it is again. Anyone got a clue?:\

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
No you can't. You can edit TMs, HMs and Attacks which are already In-game though. You can rename them, and edit there statistics, and also edit there animation, but to an extent, editing the animations takes time and care, and endless hours of staring at UnLZ xD.
atcualy you can you can had hedbut and wirldpool quite easly

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2010
got a question: image crashing

i've searched all over but i haven't seen the answer i seek anywhere.

my problem:

my rom image keeps crashing. its become such a big issue that i've had start over twice from scratch.

the first time i edited the script with offset $0000001 (didn't count the zeroes when i typed it, but the first one) its only had 'nada' or nothing commands so i thought it would be ok. i don't think it was. i think thats why it crashed. so i wont do that again

the second time I'm not sure why it crashed, heres my theory:

maybe its because i replaced the tileset of an indoor area with that of an outdoor area, because when i went through a warp point from the indoor area to that previously-outdoor area is when the rom image failed.​

any info you could give would be helpful

fyi: if it matters ive been using unLZ-GBA, advance map, overworld editor, XSE, and YAPE

also anyone who would like to help me out from time to time, please let me know if you'd be ok with me PMing you with the occasional Q

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
UNlz doesn't work. I don't even see any trainer images on it. Just fuzzy stuff. That other thing doesn't work either.

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2010
Hey, I'm using Advance-Text, and I'm trying to edit the text at the very beginning of the game , where it says "In the world in which you are about to enter...". But whenever I try to edit the text, it displays the first two lines, then shows a red arrow, and it doesn't show the rest of the paragraph that I entered in. Does anyone know the problem?

Last edited:

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
i've searched all over but i haven't seen the answer i seek anywhere.

my problem:

my rom image keeps crashing. its become such a big issue that i've had start over twice from scratch.

the first time i edited the script with offset $0000001 (didn't count the zeroes when i typed it, but the first one) its only had 'nada' or nothing commands so i thought it would be ok. i don't think it was. i think thats why it crashed. so i wont do that again

the second time I'm not sure why it crashed, heres my theory:

maybe its because i replaced the tileset of an indoor area with that of an outdoor area, because when i went through a warp point from the indoor area to that previously-outdoor area is when the rom image failed.​

any info you could give would be helpful

fyi: if it matters ive been using unLZ-GBA, advance map, overworld editor, XSE, and YAPE

also anyone who would like to help me out from time to time, please let me know if you'd be ok with me PMing you with the occasional Q

Of course you froze, you inserted the script at 0x000001
Try opening up a clean ROM, and inserting the script at 0x800000.

UNlz doesn't work. I don't even see any trainer images on it. Just fuzzy stuff. That other thing doesn't work either.

unLZgba is a searching program, you need to keep clicking 'next' until you see the image you want.
(Look around 1600...)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2010
Of course you froze, you inserted the script at 0x000001
Try opening up a clean ROM, and inserting the script at 0x800000.

yes thank you, i got that much on my own. the main question was about the second "freeze" as you put it. its not a freeze though.
completely different. image crash.

can tile set changes crash the rom? and if not does any one know why my rom image crashed (the second time)

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2016
how do you insert an entirley new building into tileset 0
i can insert into the specific tilesets fine but editing the first tileset is not working, and the buildings tiles are all jumbled up nd i can't find any when i want to build the maps
i need to know cuz i want to inert a hg/ss pokemon center
if u dont get what im saying ill try to explain it a little clearer
i want to insert this

e6y6i1.png

into tileset 0
i can't manage to do it properly
but the pallete is already edited for the pokemon center, os no trouble there

credits for the image goes to C.N.C

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2010
hey again, could anyone please tell me how to make it so the introduction of pokemon firered doesn't have any music playing? I need to know for the part where it says "in the world you have entered" or whatever it says with the pikachu in the corner, and when you're talking to Prof. Oak. thanks.

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2023
Probably stupid, but i added tiles to the blank spaces in elitemap's tileset, and it worked fine in elitemap, but not the rom. Now i'm trying in advancedmap and once more i can't figure out how to add the tiles.

Can anyone tell me how to add edited tiles to elitemap or advancedmap?

I've tried the block editor but i have no clue how to make it work.

Also, i've noticed in UNlz, when i look through the pokemon files, the backsprites are all shiny, and the normal ones aren't. I can't find the normal backsprites or the shiny regular sprites anywhere. This makes me hesitate to switch them out.

In a nutshell, do i just need to make a shiny backsprite and a normal battle sprite, and the game will pallete swap the rest? or am i missing something entirely here?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2009
Hi I have some Hex editing questions...
I started trying out ROM hacking about 2 or 3 days ago (using Pokemon Gold GBC), I started using Hex yesterday - i have Translhextion.

I have managed to edit Bulbasaur's evolution data in Translhextion by finding where the evolution data starts and editing Bulbasaur. However this is easy as Bulbasaur is the first pokemon so the data is right there at the very start of the evolution data.

What I want to do is to go to specific Pokemon in the Evolution Data. For example I want to make it so that Kadabra evolves at a Level instead of by trading. I know how to do this when i get to his data but i don't know how to get there. There must be an easier way than to count through the 00's at the end of the evolution sequences until i count the number that is Kadabras pokedex number?
Can someone help me out??

I also managed to edit Youngster JOEY in Hex by searching his name and it took me straight to his trainer battle data. Now, I want to edit your Pokemon Gold Rival as well but I don't know what to search for to find his trainer/battle data. When i search RIVAL and similar things it finds nothing.....
Anyone know how to do this??

All help greatly appreciated
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back