• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rustle Grass etc. and Hidden Grottos

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2014
How can I make those?
And can someone please look at my other questions too?

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Hidden grottos should be easy enough. Just make a map for them, and make events on trees to enter them. You can look at example events like Kurt on Route 1 to see how to make them refresh over time.

Russel grass and dirt could probably be done with events, but most likely would require some scripting. I'll look into it a bit because I think its a cool thing to include in a game. Most of your other questions...CHECK THE WIKI. seriously we've told you multiple times. If theres questions not on the wiki tell me what they are and I'll do my best to help

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2014
I am not a scripter, I need help to get started. And my questions are not in the wiki.
I dont ask for day night battles, I ask for events which dont happen at day and are just seeable in night...

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
I am not a scripter, I need help to get started. And my questions are not in the wiki.
I dont ask for day night battles, I ask for events which dont happen at day and are just seeable in night...

I think you are confusing eventing and scripting. Scripting is done in the script editor. Events are made in the map editor when in the events tab.

To make an event only show up at night is really simple. Just make an event, and in the top left area where it says conditions, check one of the Switch boxes, and select the switch that says something like DayNight is Night. It looks a bit different than what I typed, but there are about 5 switches like it, that all have different endings like isNight, isDay, isMorning, isEvening etc. this way, the event will only show up if the time is day, night, morning, etc.

However, if you haven't set up Metadata for the map, time won't change on it.

Also just an FYI all of this IS on the wiki.

http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Time-sensitive_events
http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Events

I attached a picture I took of the second page which has a list of all the global switches and what they do. I took the picture of the ones that deal with day/night times.

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2014
I check the wiki but I dont know how I should do this, me noob in eventing...

I still dont know how to do hidden grottos with a small list of different pokemons with special abilities...

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
I check the wiki but I dont know how I should do this, me noob in eventing...

I still dont know how to do hidden grottos with a small list of different pokemons with special abilities...

Then look up tutorials on RPG Maker XP or eventing. I'm not going to make an event for you when it's on the wiki how.

Although, I have a good idea at how to do hidden grottos, so later today I'll make a post in the tutorials section showing how. Check there

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2014
Again: I dont know how to make events... So telling me to read the wiki is useless because it wont help me...

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Again: I dont know how to make events... So telling me to read the wiki is useless because it wont help me...

Which is why I suggested googling tutorials on RPG Maker XP so you can learn. I am putting the tutorial up right now in Tutorials and Resources. It might take a while.

I was kind of harsh with you and I'm sorry for that. Hidden Grottos ended up being a bit more complicated than I originally thought, but I was able to figure them out after 15 minutes of trial and error. There is actually a bit of scripting needed, but it is really simple and my tutorial will be easy to understand.

Back