• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Gold Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Hello I'm new here (first post) - found the place cuz I got all hyped up on pokemon again and then i learned about this shiny gold. Well i started today and I love it.

My questions are:
Is growlithe still evolved with a firestone like it used to be? (or was that from trading it?) Anyway how do you do it on shinygold?
If it is indeed a firestone, where do i obtain one?
Also what level is best to evolve growlith to arcanine?

I have gotten 3 badges and gotten to the town with the ghostgym. Just got myself a magnemite, is there any better electric pokemon available around this part of the game?

Meh might as well put up my current team:

Bayleef
Kadabra ( How do you evolve him in Shiny Gold?)
Magnemite
Growlithe
Sandslash
Quagsire (only water pokemon ive found so far)

Well it's a tempoary team, ive never really been annoyed by changing my teammembers and doing some grinding for training new pokemons to take over.

So basically what improvements could be made at this point in the game?

And please if someone knows the answer to my other questions post them too :)

- Tesshin

Yes growlite evolves by Fire Stone, unfortunately in Beta 5 the first Fire Stone is available only after beating clair, and then you have to defeat 3 trainers in a specific order which I don't know.

Mareep was catch able before the union cave and is also a good electric type, but that would definitely involve some grinding.

It's a bit silly to have 2 ground types on a team, Kadabra evolves by leveling up at about level 45 iirc.

can you catch lugia on the game?
can you do bug catching contest every time that you want?
can you use vs seeker on shiny gold?

Not yet in Beta 5
No, it is only on a limited number of times the first being after defeating morty for the fog badge
No, that item has been phased out iirc and the phone system has been re-introduced.

hey, when is the final version is out?

There is no set date as of which Zel2.0 will have shiny Gold completed, his progress is somewhat hampered by his real life events so his progress has slown down.

Years
I have another question. I'm not sure if this is only for ShinyGold or not - but since that's the game im currently playing im posting:

I have noticed that fighting types have very little special attack. Isn't special attack used for all elemental types? (all attacks besides normal) - If so wouldn't fighting pokemon suck at using fighting moves? Or is a pokemon's natural type of move counted with the normal attack stat?

I'd really like if someone could shed some light on this as it is something ive been wondering for a while.

Bonus question:

Is there any way to do some kind of multiplayer in shinygold?

Another one:

How do you call people with the cellphone in shinygold?

Edit:

I'm in goldenrod city. What is the combination of the switches in the underground? I have been trying so many different ones, and Ive found the combination for normal gold, but it doesn't work here.... I dunno it seems bugged...

Edit: finally got the right switches, unluckily there's an invisible wall so i can't go through :(

Edit again: Ok it was an invisible item that i had to pick up - i couldn't walk over it.

Last edited:
Years
Okay here goes about the stone you get for beating claire:

I tried 2 different combinations because I wanted fire stone, these were the combinations:
first try:
1st trainer on the right
2nd trainer on the right
1st trainer on the left
2nd trainer on the left
the last trainer
Claire

Got the water stone

Second combination:
2nd trainer on the right
1st trainer on the left
2nd trainer on the left
last trainer
1st trainer on the right
Claire

Still got the water stone.

I don't think you can get any other stones from this, but I only tried these 2, didn't wanna go for it again when it didn't change.

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
I have another question. I'm not sure if this is only for ShinyGold or not - but since that's the game im currently playing im posting:

I have noticed that fighting types have very little special attack. Isn't special attack used for all elemental types? (all attacks besides normal) - If so wouldn't fighting pokemon suck at using fighting moves? Or is a pokemon's natural type of move counted with the normal attack stat?

I'd really like if someone could shed some light on this as it is something ive been wondering for a while.

Bonus question:

Is there any way to do some kind of multiplayer in shinygold?

Another one:

How do you call people with the cellphone in shinygold?

1) In 1st 2nd and 3rd generations (Shiny Gold included, as it is essentially FireRed), the following types are physical based (and run off the attack stat): Normal, Bug, Rock, Steel, Fighting, Poison, Ghost, Flying, and Ground types

These are the special attack based types: Water, Grass, Electric, Psychic, Ice,
Fire, Dragon, and Dark types

So, no. Fighting doesn't suck.

2) Yes, there is an Emulator called VBALink, find it somewhere and read the readme to figure out what you need to do.

3) You approach a phone booth and call people, note that your phone will always have "data1" etc. You need to write down who is where on that.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Okay here goes about the stone you get for beating claire:

I tried 2 different combinations because I wanted fire stone, these were the combinations:
first try:
1st trainer on the right
2nd trainer on the right
1st trainer on the left
2nd trainer on the left
the last trainer
Claire

Got the water stone

Second combination:
2nd trainer on the right
1st trainer on the left
2nd trainer on the left
last trainer
1st trainer on the right
Claire

Still got the water stone.

I don't think you can get any other stones from this, but I only tried these 2, didn't wanna go for it again when it didn't change.

You get the stone in Dragon's Den after beating the Dragon Masters. Try beating them in a different order, not the Gym.

Years
AH dam :( That sux cuz i already saved after getting the waterstone the second time.

Oh well i'll just use ho-oh as my firetype then :)

Edit for new question:

Why can i only fly to like 3 cities? Doesn't make sense.

One more:

What balls do i need to capture Ho-Oh? Ive thrown 20 ultras at it with no effect.

One more:

What level should i evolve scyther to scizor? Straight away (lvl 14) or wait?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2012
can someone help me with this stuff the spoilers dont always work, but occasionally i click "show content" and i get somthin but ppl have answered my questions lol i just cant see them. is this a problem with my comp or browser or somthin or can i do somthing to see them?

BlueShadow

Banned
Years
AH dam :( That sux cuz i already saved after getting the waterstone the second time.

Oh well i'll just use ho-oh as my firetype then :)

Edit for new question:

Why can i only fly to like 3 cities? Doesn't make sense.

One more:

What balls do i need to capture Ho-Oh? Ive thrown 20 ultras at it with no effect.

One more:

What level should i evolve scyther to scizor? Straight away (lvl 14) or wait?

3 cities??? that's weird... maybe you are using an older beta

To catch a pokemon like ho-oh, you need luck and keep trying

Evolve scyther at any level because it can learn almost the same moves a scyther

how do I get wurmple to evolve into silcoon?

Wurmple will evolve into either Silcoon or Cascoon starting at level 7 depending on its personality value. As personality values cannot be influenced by the player, what a given Wurmple will evolve into is essentially random.

h

Years
  • Seen May 1, 2009
thanks. how do I trigger the phone booths to work so I can rebattle trainers. I tried calling them alot but that didn't work. Do I have to walk a certain amount of steps or do I wait for like a couple of hours in the game to get it to work?

Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2016
Probably a very dumb question, but about breeding...is it normal for all pokemon in a group to hate each other? Will they still produce eggs?

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2009
The system is changed so they will only evolve by the new rulse, sorry.

meaning, no trade will work anymore.

In your keyboard, Z is the in-game A, X is B, A is R and S is L. Enter is Start and Delete is Select. So, when the game says "press a", you have to press Z in your keyboard XD

*facepalms* omg lol, and I raised frameskips, searched hours on google, and smashing my keybord xD thx...

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2012
OKAY guys i managed to figure the order of getting evolution stones in dragons den.
first here is a basic map of dragons den layout:
................E
|... A
| ....................... DF
|
B
| ... W ...............C
|
Legend:
A=trainer "A"
B=trainer "B"
C=trainer "C"
E=entrance, W=whirlpool, DF=Dragons Fang
|=wall
...=to take up space. it means nothing.

Note: there is no order you have to beat them in. The key is which one you beat last.
Beat A last for a fire stone.
Beat B last for a thunderstone.
Beat C last for a water stone.
unfortunately there is no leaf stone lol i was pissed off too because i wanted to evolve my mother****ing weepinbell. oh well good thing vba has a gameshark lol
p.s. i didnt put a spoiler tag on this partly cuz i dont know how and partly because anyone reading this thread would probably want to know anyways. if its a big deal then a mod will edit for me xD lol

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2010
Yeah I just caught the 200 Pokemon ( it was pure hell , training every pokemon till the evolution ) but now I have a question , I'm trying to do Bill's grandpa's quest for those pokemon and he's asking for a round green pokemon with leaves on his head : I don't know what pokemon it is , is it a gulpin or something ?

BlueShadow

Banned
Years
I hope see Shiny gold Final Ver.Release in 2009

I hope that, too:)
thanks. how do I trigger the phone booths to work so I can rebattle trainers. I tried calling them alot but that didn't work. Do I have to walk a certain amount of steps or do I wait for like a couple of hours in the game to get it to work?

I think that you need to wait a couple hours in the game because I already tried with steps and it doesn't work:(
Probably a very dumb question, but about breeding...is it normal for all pokemon in a group to hate each other? Will they still produce eggs?
Can you give me the name of the pokemon you are trying to breed so I can understand better?

Yeah I just caught the 200 Pokemon ( it was pure hell , training every pokemon till the evolution ) but now I have a question , I'm trying to do Bill's grandpa's quest for those pokemon and he's asking for a round green pokemon with leaves on his head : I don't know what pokemon it is , is it a gulpin or something ?
Oddish is the answer!
I think the only round pokemon with leaves on its head is the oddish.Sorry if i am wrong.
Yeah you are right!

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2010
Can you catch kyogre in Shiny Gold?

I was wondering which deep sea pokemon is worth spending my only dive ball on..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back