• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Zygarde's Aura Break

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
So in terms of abilities, this is pretty terrible. It is literally only there to counter TWO other pokemon's ability and nothing else (Xerneas' Fairy Aura and Yveltal's Dark Aura which instead of normally boosting those types by 50%, it now actually lowers the strengths of those boosts but only if one or both this pokemon are actively on the field)

If Aura Break was going to be it's ability, does anyone else think it should have been a little more broad, like reversing the effects of Mega Launcher (Which boosts Aura and Pulse moves) or even better, in addition to reversing Xerneas and Yveltal's ability, also lowered the power of Aura and Pulse moves? Let's not get into what ability Zygarde SHOULD have had because this thread will go on for hundreds of thousands of pages, but instead let's focus on how Aura Break could have been better/more applicable than simply being the counter to TWO pokemon and nothing else

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Do we know whether if Zygarde has different abilities on its other forms? If it does, that might make the Pokemon seem like something more than a counterpart to Xerneas and Yveltal.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Online now
Sad part is that Aura Break's rendered moot against Xerneas since Zygarde's weak to Fairy (and Xern will just bust through it via Geomancy anyway, it don't give no fucks about losing its STAB lol).

Aura Break could be expanded to include other aura-like abilities. Teravolt and Turboblaze are the first to come to mind, since the game literally says "Zekrom/Reshiram is radiating a bursting/blazing aura!". Could even include something like Vital Spirit or something, idk.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
Do we know whether if Zygarde has different abilities on its other forms? If it does, that might make the Pokemon seem like something more than a counterpart to Xerneas and Yveltal.

Thing is though, until sun and moon come out and actually possesses the new zygarde form, there IS no alternate zygarde game wise. Just like the purple kecleon, crystal onyx, pink butterfree, gold sudowoodo or Deoxys with the different coloured gems I it's chest, there is a possibility that there may not be a new zygarde form in the main games. Like the others, it may be an anime only thing. However unlikely that may be, as of right now there is no other form of Zygarde until it appears in the main games, so we shouldn't look for what might be (as that goes back into the realm of deciding what ability it should have) but focus on what it is and how the ability it has right now could have been made better

Sad part is that Aura Break's rendered moot against Xerneas since Zygarde's weak to Fairy (and Xern will just bust through it via Geomancy anyway, it don't give no ****s about losing its STAB lol).

Aura Break could be expanded to include other aura-like abilities. Teravolt and Turboblaze are the first to come to mind, since the game literally says "Zekrom/Reshiram is radiating a bursting/blazing aura!". Could even include something like Vital Spirit or something, idk.

Wow, those are very good ideas! I never thought of that, and those would certainly fit in quite well!

Last edited by a moderator:

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
Years
I don't think it would be a good idea, expanding the abilities of Zygrade. Yeah, adding more abilities to the 50% one seems allright, but if someone wants Zygrade's 100% form to have more abilities, i am definitely against it. Its so powerful, much more tham Xerneas or Yveltal, adding further abilities would make it all the more stronger, which won't be good.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 1, 2020
I'm pretty sure that Aura Break is pretty useless because it only works if Xerneas and Yveltal are in the battle. Of course that it will revert all Dark types and Fairy types damages if Xerneas and Yveltal we're around. After all, Zygarde should get a better ability like Mold Breaker, Unnerve, Moxie, etc.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
I'm pretty sure that Aura Break is pretty useless because it only works if Xerneas and Yveltal are in the battle. Of course that it will revert all Dark types and Fairy types damages if Xerneas and Yveltal we're around. After all, Zygarde should get a better ability like Mold Breaker, Unnerve, Moxie, etc.

I don't think you read the original post, where I said the first part of what you said exactly. The point of this thread is to discuss how Aura Break could have been made better, not what ability it should have had.

Back