• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024

A journey-esque RP where pokémon training isn't something kids do. Battling means pitting pokémon against each other and see them fight for real, in a more animal like way. Moves aren't the common ones; rather the trainer has invented moves after considering the abilities and skills of the pokémon, and they have to train in order to be able to pull of these special moves in battle. Levels won't be necessary and evolution... I dunno. The trainer may shout them out or just let the pokémon fight in its own way. Trainers could be required to enter the battlefield alongside the pokémon and thus armor and other things to protect the trainer are common. No weapons though, as the trainer isn't allowed to attack, and the pokémon isn't allowed superficial armor, only its natural body and accessories (like Cubone's club or Farfetched's leek)

So, the journey part would be traveling to the different gyms to beat them all, only gyms don't just have a leader to beat. They are tournaments and the last trainer standing gets a badge every week or so. And they get money from the losers, of course. Random trainer battles on the road aren't common, since it's so dangerous, but they do happen. All battles require a judge - if there is no judge then it's not a proper battle and is considered law breaking violence, on the same level as if two people would beat each other up in a street. And there could be this huuuge tournament at Indigo Plateau or corresponding place in another region, where only trainers with all the badges are allowed to enter. The victor there will be crowned the Champion and get a lot of price money.

Kind of like that movie, Real Steel, where people travel and battle with robots to earn money.
So I guess nobody liked this idea?

I'd like to bring up a topic.

How much do you want an RP not to die?
Uh? Of course I never want RPs to die.

Thank you for the information. Now, to announce the project i've mentioned here a while ago and has been worked on for around two months now, the Nation RP.

For those needing an explanation/ refresher, the Nation RP is an idea for a RP that plays a different perspective than most RPs. While in most RP's you are responsible for a character, maybe two if you make two, but in the Nation RP, you control an entire country that you create to your specifications. In the RP, you are in charge of dealing with all of the affairs in the country, and also deal with external affairs that affect your country. Yout goal is to keep your nation running however you please. You will be playing a country in modern times, so think of todays technology. However, an international threat that is affecting all countries is in need of dealing with. A criminal organization, known as the theory, are causing havoc all over the world, stretching their limbs all over the world. The are very influential, and control many corporations, politicians and military functions. The Theory have goals of conquering the world, and only a full, dedicated force can stop them. But other affairs such as disasters, wars, policies, negogiations, economic decisions musg be dealt with. The question is, what will be done.

Okay, that is the teaser. A few things:

I need a Co-GM or two. Anyone who is interested send me a message.

I have all the system mostly planned out.

I need a map. Any artists who would be willing to help can send me a message.

More will be shared in the next week.
Sounds interesting. Not my thing, but I think if players wanted to devote themselves to it (partly meaning, if they weren't in 5 other RPs a the same time or so) it could be cool.

I do apologize from my absence from this thread. Senior year is quite hectic. Anyways, I feel like I have the time now to put up my own RP, and I would like an interest check and some feedback on these three ideas. And which would be best?[/SIZE][/COLOR]
I don't think you need to apologize for being "away" from this thread as it's just a general discussion thread and doesn't really affect anyone...

With more and more different themes popping up, I'm kinda craving for a Pokemon Roleplay XD
Yes.

...I've been thinking of a possible rule where people can only create a certain amount of RPs a month, as to avoid the unnecessary flooding of dead RPs. It's just a suggestion.

A lot of times, people have great ideas, but some people just weren't meant to be GMs.
People should get chances to improve, if they aren't good GMs after their first try. But I guess 3 RPs / month would be a reasonable - high even - limit. Maybe even 2 RPs per month as it's unlikely that a person manages to start up more than 2 RPs successfully in one month, don't you think?

I actually like this idea A LOT. there are some people who i shall not name that post too many RPs a month.

But it would require more work by me.
Lazy bum :p

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
I actually like this idea A LOT. there are some people who i shall not name that post too many RPs a month.

Lol, somehow I'm not surprised that you would say that.

I like what Red said. Why not make a 2 RP per month limit per person? It would reduce the flow of RPs, and might convince GMs to stick with a single RP longer than bouncing around to another one soon after.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Lol, somehow I'm not surprised that you would say that.

I like what Red said. Why not make a 2 RP per month limit per person? It would reduce the flow of RPs, and might convince GMs to stick with a single RP longer than bouncing around to another one soon after.

Evenso, I'd like to point out that the whole point of RPing is to have fun and with some kind of RPs (apparently), people like to play for just a while and have loads of fun with it, but after some time they want to have fun with something else.

The RP section isn't like the Fan Fiction & Writing section where writers are of course expected to finish their works. Sure, it's fun when a RP finishes and all, but the whole point of all this is do have fun here and now, it's how I see it, at least. So it's not a objectively bad thing that there is a certain level of flow in RPs here. Rather, it makes sure that the RP Corner on PC doesn't become stagnant, like on some other sites where new RPs are rare.. That might depend more on the general inactivity of those boards though xD

That being said, 2 RPs / person / month isn't exactly a little xD Rather, the rule would make people really think about the RP before posting it. I hope.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
@Akio: Personally, I think that Kanto Conquest sounds like a good idea for an RP! I actually had an idea to make a Pokémon Conquest RP in the back of my head, but I guess that you beat me to it xP

Also, I don't think that Supervegeta tried to aim that towards you Akio. In my eyes it was just a general assumption from him based on the amount of RPs made by the same person that are out in the RP Corner. But that's just what I think.

About the "2 RPs per month"-rule, I think this is a splendid idea! As earlier posts have established, it would make people focus more on the RPs they already have rather then to make new ones.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022

Evenso, I'd like to point out that the whole point of RPing is to have fun and with some kind of RPs (apparently), people like to play for just a while and have loads of fun with it, but after some time they want to have fun with something else.

The RP section isn't like the Fan Fiction & Writing section where writers are of course expected to finish their works. Sure, it's fun when a RP finishes and all, but the whole point of all this is do have fun here and now, it's how I see it, at least. So it's not a objectively bad thing that there is a certain level of flow in RPs here. Rather, it makes sure that the RP Corner on PC doesn't become stagnant, like on some other sites where new RPs are rare.. That might depend more on the general inactivity of those boards though xD

That being said, 2 RPs / person / month isn't exactly a little xD Rather, the rule would make people really think about the RP before posting it. I hope.

I get what you're saying, and I agree with you completely. The whole point is to have fun. But how is it fun when people make characters for something that they really like only to either not be able to use them at all because the RP never starts, or never use much because it doesn't kick off? It just gets tiring after a while when you plan out an SU you work on, and really enjoy a character, and end up never using it, or very little.

Still, I agree that instituting the rule would hopefully bring people to think about the RP a bit before submitting it.

@Mr. Mammoth <---- This one is not stupid.

EDIT: @Red:Also, Kiklion wanted me to tell you that your Real Steel Pokemon Tournament idea was cool and she would consider joining if she wasn't swamped with RPs. The reason she didn't tell you herself is because she is scared and nervous to come here. Also a bit lazy. Probably picking it up from Skymin.

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
@Akio: Personally, I think that Kanto Conquest sounds like a good idea for an RP! I actually had an idea to make a Pokémon Conquest RP in the back of my head, but I guess that you beat me to it xP

Also, I don't think that Supervegeta tried to aim that towards you Akio. In my eyes it was just a general assumption from him based on the amount of RPs made by the same person that are out in the RP Corner. But that's just what I think.
It was directed at me, and multiple others. I've only found it to be a reason to prove him wrong, though.

I get what you're saying, and I agree with you completely. The whole point is to have fun. But how is it fun when people make characters for something that they really like only to either not be able to use them at all because the RP never starts, or never use much because it doesn't kick off? It just gets tiring after a while when you plan out an SU you work on, and really enjoy a character, and end up never using it, or very little.

Still, I agree that instituting the rule would hopefully bring people to think about the RP a bit before submitting it.
Even though the original comment was pitted against me (even though I don't think I've ever exceeded two in one month) I actually agree with the idea and think it should happen.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023

Uhhh I think you could probably implement the RP Library here, in some way to keep a record. I guess that'd help solve your laziness issues the whole problem that this would be a burden for you.

I guess I agree with this idea, considering it'll help people from not backing out from RPs all the time and stuff. So okay. :D

Also @japanese/chinese/korean chars: I don't know why, but your last post made me laugh, and stuff. Ahem. Enough crap from me now.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
xD at things.

Uhhh I think you could probably implement the RP Library here, in some way to keep a record. I guess that'd help solve your laziness issues the whole problem that this would be a burden for you.

I guess I agree with this idea, considering it'll help people from not backing out from RPs all the time and stuff. So okay. :D
Yeah, the library or simply checking through the "accepted RPs" thread and see if it was really more than one month ago the second-last RP by a particular member was made.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

Also @japanese/chinese/korean chars: I don't know why, but your last post made me laugh, and stuff. Ahem. Enough crap from me now.

Eh, assuming that you mean me... Thanks...?

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
hmmm... I think I will stick with my current RP for awhile ^^;; I don't see a reason to make a new one, I'm already creating the KH RP I promised though, but I will submit this RP a little bit later, to make sure people have the time to join this RP and to make sure it won't die. I think it'll be submitted around july/september/august.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Conquest Update

I'm currently working on a map to correlate with the Story I've come up with for this RP. I'm going to keep it a secret until the RP's release, but here are a few cliff notes:

• I have decided not to use Kanto Region, because I found a different region to be much more relevant to the plot.
  • I've chosen some mascots for the two families, which will boil down to the plot itself.
  • I've decided to make it a semi-sandbox (like Pokemon Trainer Academy) where players will have a bit of free-roam among the map, while the plot will progress. However, the plot for this RP will probably move a bit faster than PTA.
  • The story will relate to a specific piece of Lore from the Pokemon Series.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Conquest Update

I've made a very simple map (because there weren't too many notable landmarks back then) and, after conversing with some people, I have decided to put up information regarding the plot and story. I was also recommended to not overplan it, so I also took that advice. I've had quite enough planning, so I'll begin making the post. Anyways, here's some more details on the Conquest RP:

• The official title of the RP will be "Sacred Fire, Divine Water"
  • The two families' leaders will be linked to their legendary counterparts, Ho-oh and Lugia.
  • Ho-oh Family will have three prince/princess type characters, who are linked to the Legendary Beasts.
  • Lugia Family will also have three prince/princess type characters, who are linked to the Legendary Birds.
  • Players will control a human, as well as the pokemon they are linked to. Each link is bound by fate; the human and pokemon are destined to be linked, they were born at the same time, and when one dies, so does the other. If two humans were to fall in love, their pokemon would also fall for each other. This is due entirely to fate.
  • These two families are at a deep quarrel, and any friendship or love between members of the opposite family is forbidden.
  • The story will be based in ancient Johto.
  • The lore will relate to Bell Tower, Burned Tower, and Whirl islands. Much of this lore is presented in the games in Ecruteak City.
  • Legendaries cannot be linked (Excluding the leaders and their six children).

If anyone has any questions, feel free.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Sign me up for the Ho-Oh Family!

Could we sign up as aa prince/princess? We can choose any non-legendary Pokemon?

Sign-Ups will be available when I've actually posted the RP and it is accepted.

A player may sign up for a prince/princess, but you'll have to pick one of the legends; for Ho-oh Prince/Princesses, you have to be Raikou, Entei or Suicune. The Lugia Family's Princes/Princesses are linked to Zapdos, Moltres, and Articuno. As for any other characters, they will be non-legendary.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Um, what? That's a little hard to understand. Every prince/princess gets to have a link with one of the beasts/birds? & every human can have a link with a non-legendary Pokemon that's not just from Johto?

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Akio-kun- if it's possible then please reserve a spot for HO-OH family, suicune princess, when the RP is accepted :) i'm very intressed in this RP ^^

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Um, what? That's a little hard to understand. Every prince/princess gets to have a link with one of the beasts/birds? & every human can have a link with a non-legendary Pokemon that's not just from Johto?
The princes and princesses control the legendary trios that associate with their leader's link. Lugia's side is the birds, Ho-oh's side is the beasts. Otherwise, any Pokemon from any Generation.

Akio-kun- if it's possible then please reserve a spot for Lugia family, when the RP is accepted :) i'm very intressed in this RP ^^
As I said before, you can't reserve spots until it's actually posted and accepted.

xD Sweet! We're gonna be in the same family!
Um... She picked Lugia, not Ho-oh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back