• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen what is the main reason why you are going to get Pokémon X or Pokémon Y?

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
is it a certain Pokémon in the game? is it a certain feature? what is the ONE THING about Pokémon X & Y that prompting you to want to buy it?

for me, it was Fennekin that I liked so much, but that changed I WANT SYLVEON!! and that's why I AM buying it!!

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
First the idea of 3D battling.
Now the online features and the customization part which i wanted for so long.
No pokemon made me decide though because i know i am gonna love all of them without exceptions.

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
I think that the game will be fun. I want to play through the story, and I'm excited for the new Pokemon.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
The 3D
The new type (even though I don' like it too much)
The characters (all your friends/rivals, and the Professor)
All the new typings
Yveltal and the other Dark types
First game in a European setting
Player customization

blue

gucci
Years
Like all Pokémon games, they're fun! Plus a handful of other reasons based on what we've seen so far, although I would still probably buy it regardless of the features.

Years
The battles look much more intense, ridable pokemon, new type, Dragon quest monster joker looking graphics, costimizeable characters, new pokemon, new attacks.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
It's a main series Pokémon game, that's good enough for me.
This.

Though all the features and new Pokémon definitely increases my anticipation for them, mainly the new mons, every new generation is like opening Christmas presents, you know some things that are in the boxes, but not all of them.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I buy every main series game, that's about it! I buy them because they're Pokémon. The franchise is proven to be wonderful and I want to play every game out there for Pokémon, so I'd never miss out on such a huge addition!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
They're the latest Pokemon games; what do you expect? I always go for the latest Pokemon games. That, and I want to keep up with metagame changes.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Yep, that's me
Years
I will be the first and only Pokémon game I will ever buy for a game console.

And they say the GFX is awseome right? Well there is yet anonther reason, playing Ruby and Emerald all the time and looking at the pixels is a stran on the eyes.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
Why wouldn't you get them? Its the latest pokemon games!
And I'm really excited for every single new feature and pokemon announced. It just looks epic.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
They're the latest Pokemon games; what do you expect? I always go for the latest Pokemon games. That, and I want to keep up with metagame changes.

Best answer.

[/thread]

P.S.: Maybe a better idea to ask whether people will get X or Y, and why?

I will be the first and only Pokémon game I will ever buy for a game console.

And they say the GFX is awseome right? Well there is yet anonther reason, playing Ruby and Emerald all the time and looking at the pixels is a stran on the eyes.

Well, you must. There's no 3DS emulator. The only way to play is on a real 3DS.

Although I think a 3DS emulator is pointless if it can't emulate the 3D screen...

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
Best answer.

[/thread]

Although I think a 3DS emulator is pointless if it can't emulate the 3D screen...

I'll be getting X for various reasons. Xerneas is cooler than Yveltal to me and as a more badass than cute fairy type I'd be really excited to use him, even though I don't use legends online. Also Clauncher. He's perfect. Other than that its probably because my friend is getting Y :P

Years
Best answer.

[/thread]

There is a 3ds emulator. Type 3Ds emulator on google and you should get one.

Back