• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen 3D Models/Sprites

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 11, 2017
3 questions... a question for each dimension!

1. What Pokemon did you previously dislike or not think about until you saw it's 3D sprite in Pokemon X/Y/OR/AS?

Mr. Mime comes to mind for me. I never really liked Mr. Mime personally. When I saw him for the first time in X I gotta admit it was creepy, but for some reason it grew on me and now I think Mr. Mime is really cool.

2. What Pokemon did you like less after seeing it's 3D sprite?

I really thought Miltank was cute but they went in another direction for these games I guess. It's like she's trying to be intimidating but she just looks kinda... ugly, I think. Still love Miltank. Hope she looks better in Sun and Moon.

3. And finally what Pokemon did you already like and seeing it's 3D sprite made it even cooler.

Ludicolo!!! "If it hears festive music, all it's muscles fill with energy. It's can't help breaking out into a dance." The greatest.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
One Pokémon I disliked (design-wise) before being introduced to its 3D model, would be Surskit. I wasn't too fond of how tiny and stick-like it seemed to have been, being seeing its model gave me a different meaning. For second and third questions--I cannot think of any Pokémon at the moment that would apply these criteria, unfortunately.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Reminder flying types were ruined for a dumb gimmick that wasn't even fun.

mHGL6oq.gif
ok3sILc.gif
jy6Yehs.gif

Whyy

Years
Reminder flying types were ruined for a dumb gimmick that wasn't even fun.

mHGL6oq.gif
ok3sILc.gif
jy6Yehs.gif

Whyy

I agree, especially about Xatu. It just looks so weird gliding like that, same goes for Swellow. But as for some others I look at different in 3D, one would have to be Bibarel. It just looks odd on all fours, since I'm so used to its artwork and sprites showing it sitting down.

Best would have to be Ludicolo. It fits so well with its Pokedex entry. I do also love the dancing Grumpig does not just while idle but when it attacks as well.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Yeah idk why they made most of the Flying types just kinda kinda float in the air like that. Scyther and regular Charizard look ok but the rest....

Then you have Mega Zard X, who's not Flying type any more and it really would've looked a lot better just standing on the ground or something.

Reactions: Sun
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 11, 2017
I agree, some of the flying types look strange but I actually think Xatu looks really cool.

Years
Yeah idk why they made most of the Flying types just kinda kinda float in the air like that. Scyther and regular Charizard look ok but the rest....

Then you have Mega Zard X, who's not Flying type any more and it really would've looked a lot better just standing on the ground or something.

Making Flying-types shown floating or flapping in the air is to make them eligible for sky battles since they take place in the air after all. Mega Charizard X is still eligible because Charizard is a Flying-type by default and Mega Evolution only lasts in battle, but then we have some Bug/Poison-types shown flying like Beedrill or Dustox yet they are still ineligible because they still don't have the Levitate ability.

Back