• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Reign

  
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 31, 2010
dH said:
Okay so i just restarted my pokemon fire red 1 week ago, and so far i'm going to the 5th gym with:

I took out all the HMs your Pokemon have. These should be with your HM Slaves (your Meowth and Lapras).

Level 43 Charizard: Flamethrower/Slash/Metal Claw/Aerial Ace
Level 45 Snorlax: Body Slam/Yawn/Rest/Mega Punch
Level 43 Raichu: Thunderbolt/Substitute/Brick Break/Thunder Wave
Level 43 Kadabra: Psychic/Calm Mind/Recover/Reflect
HM Pokemon Meowth, and soon Lapras.

Can someone tell me what 6th pokemon should I get and what level should each pokemon be around for each gym?

You don't really need a sixth Pokemon, but if you really want the sixth one, I'll give you my recommendations : I would recommend obtaining a Hitmonlee / Hitmonchan. They are very versatile Pokemon to have in your party. Worthwhile shall I say.

And also, if the moves are garbage, can you help replace some with better ones?

I did.

Ty dH~

Edit: Where should I train each pokemon?
My comments about your team are in bold. I switched out some moves and those are going to be in red.

shaswatdgr8pokefan

elite trainer
Years
helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllppppppppppppppppppp

anyone pllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
help me with ash quest
the police guy doesnt move from silph entrance
where is the pokeflute

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
If you're talking about FR/LG, you have to clear out the Team Rocket members in Pokemon Tower and then talk to Mr. Fuji. He'll give you the Poke Flute and then the Team Rocket guy won't be in front of the Silph Co. door anymore.

Last edited:

True Reign

  
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 31, 2010
You shouldn't create this thread just for two questions - Thats what the Q&A Thread up on the top is specifically for.
anyone pllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
help me with ash quest
the police guy doesnt move from silph entrance
where is the pokeflute
  1. Clear the Team Rocket grunts out of the Pokemon Tower.
  2. Mr. Fiji should give you the PokeFlute after you 'rescue' him from Team Rocket.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 24, 2011
Agreeing with JD, and try not to use multiple letters as shown in your title and post.
It's annoying and hard to read.
Clear TR outa the Pokemon Tower, and then talk to Fuji. He'll give it to you.

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
Years
The Elemental Hyper Beams

I imported a Charizard with Blast Burn from Leaf Green and tried to breed it with a Ditto to get a Charmander with said awsome move, but alas, the move did not pass along, and Charizard only had Dragon Claw and Blast Burn, but it still didn't move on. What am I doing wrong??

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
Ok, ok, calm down. You did just say you imported a Charizard from LG and so I simply assumed that you meant you imported it to D/P/Pt.
Either way, there's no possible way for you to get a Charmander with Blast Burn.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
I'm playing FireRed and I need to know where a good place to train a Lv.26 Rhyhorn is.
It knows Strength, Stomp, Fury Attack & Shock Wave and I need to train it to Lv.40.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
  • Age 52
  • Utah
  • Seen Jul 27, 2010
Blast Burn, like Hyper Beam, isn't worth using. Flamethrower does more damage attacking twice in two turns (95 AP x 2) than Blast Burn does attacking once in two turns (150 AP x 1). Blast Burn is also only 90% accurate, while Flamethrower is 100%. Consistency is what you really want. Otherwise, use Fire Blast. It is 120 AP and 85% accurate. which isn't much off Blast Burn and you aren't screwed for a turn.

BTW - It is impossible to import Pokemon from DPP to Adv Gen.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
  • Age 52
  • Utah
  • Seen Jul 27, 2010
Ugh. Shock Wave on Rhyhorn? Its Base SAtk of 45 is just terrible. The only way you can effectively train against Water-types is to increase its level. Personally, I would slap an Exp Share on it, and then switch out immediately to an Electric/Grass-type. Doing this will give Rhyhorn 75% of the Exp points and will actually save you time from having to heal that thing over and over. Hopefully you will be improving that moveset too. More Earthquake and Rock Slide and less Normal or special attacks that it gets no benefit from.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2011
Insert random filler here.

Last edited:

-Leaf

What do I put here?
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2010
Does latias and latios are uber? (both of them are tied on base stats with ttar, chomp etc.. but they are still legends)

this means Gen III and onwards (so i can carry one of them to online battles?

and what's a good nature for both? my latias is Modest and my latios is Timid

Azonic

hello friends
Years
They are both uber, regardless of items in Generation III. However, Latias (without Soul Dew) has been bumped down to OU in Generation IV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back