• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Detective Conan (Case Closed)/Magic Kaito Fanclub

Ru

|| Unforgettable Promise ||
Years
Oh gawd yeah. That was amazing.

Spoiler:

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
Oh gawd yeah. That was amazing.

Spoiler:
Yeah. I want to see Movie 14th.
In Movie 3 in the English dub I find it Ironic,
Spoiler:

Ru

Years
Same here. Whenever my sister and I see something about the 14th movie, we tend to say 'BLIMP'. We just seem to find it amusing.

Spoiler:

ソラ

Years
Same here. Whenever my sister and I see something about the 14th movie, we tend to say 'BLIMP'. We just seem to find it amusing.

Spoiler:
yeah, and atleast they didnt change Conan's name. and Shinichi isnt that hard. I mean Kogoro might be at first, but you'll get use to it.

Ru

Years
Yeah. Heiji isn't hard to say either. In fact, I think the only once I can see changing because the name being too 'difficult' is Mitsuhiko, and even that get's pretty easy after a while.

ソラ

Years
Yeah. Heiji isn't hard to say either. In fact, I think the only once I can see changing because the name being too 'difficult' is Mitsuhiko, and even that get's pretty easy after a while.
Heiji was hard for me to spell at first, and dang, Mitsuhiko is STILL hard for me. lol

Ru

Years
Making icons and listing them as 'Mitsuhiko 1' and such helped. Although I will admit that I still say 'Mitsuhiku instead of Mitsuhiko' sometimes. Sometimes I called Heiji 'Hattori', mainly because Conan calls him by that whenever. The same with Ai. I call her Haibara instead.

ソラ

Years
Making icons and listing them as 'Mitsuhiko 1' and such helped. Although I will admit that I still say 'Mitsuhiku instead of Mitsuhiko' sometimes. Sometimes I called Heiji 'Hattori', mainly because Conan calls him by that whenever. The same with Ai. I call her Haibara instead.
Same here. but Mitsuhiko, I'll just say Mitch. lol. I call Haibara, Ai-Kun. I call Shinichi, Kudo, Heiji..well Heiji, sometimes Hattori too

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
Years
Aww man. I'm not on for a majority of a day and I miss about a page worth of stuffs.
Man, compared to you two, I feel like bleh. I don't own anything Conan related sadly and I can't believe you (Miniryu) have read all 717 chapters XD
I'm still on chapter 290 =.=
mostly cause I stopped reading as frequently as I did in the summer because of school.

With the topic you guys are discussing now. Hmm, after hearing their original names so much and reading the Manga. Their English names just sound so wrong to me I mean Heiji got turned to Harry. . . ugh, worst dub name ever. Heiji doesn't seem like a Harry. Heiji needs a cooler English name >_>;;

ソラ

Years
Aww man. I'm not on for a majority of a day and I miss about a page worth of stuffs.
Man, compared to you two, I feel like bleh. I don't own anything Conan related sadly and I can't believe you (Miniryu) have read all 717 chapters XD
I'm still on chapter 290 =.=
mostly cause I stopped reading as frequently as I did in the summer because of school.

With the topic you guys are discussing now. Hmm, after hearing their original names so much and reading the Manga. Their English names just sound so wrong to me I mean Heiji got turned to Harry. . . ugh, worst dub name ever. Heiji doesn't seem like a Harry. Heiji needs a cooler English name >_>;;
In the show its its called Harley. Not Harry.....Maybe in the English Manga, but not in the Case Closed Anime.

Ru

Years
Aww. It's alright. It was only a week ago or so when I got my Detective Conan stuff. I definitely kept myself motivated to spend two weeks just reading Detective Conan when I got home from school, though. I'm quite surprised that my grades didn't go down the tubes during that time. This series is definitely something I say it worth wasting two weeks of life reading though, and it's quicker than trying to watch all 500+ episodes. I don't know if you would want to try to do the same though, hehe.

I would definitely have to agree. Harry/Harley/whatevidon'treallycare and Jimmy are the two I really don't like (okay, so I liked Jimmy back then, but that was before I knew of the original and watched/read that instead of the dub. Now it just seems really weird.)

ソラ

Years
Aww. It's alright. It was only a week ago or so when I got my Detective Conan stuff. I definitely kept myself motivated to spend two weeks just reading Detective Conan when I got home from school, though. I'm quite surprised that my grades didn't go down the tubes during that time. This series is definitely something I say it worth wasting two weeks of life reading though, and it's quicker than trying to watch all 500+ episodes. I don't know if you would want to try to do the same though, hehe.

I would definitely have to agree. Harry/Harley/whatevidon'treallycare and Jimmy are the two I really don't like (okay, so I liked Jimmy back then, but that was before I knew of the original and watched/read that instead of the dub. Now it just seems really weird.)
Yeah Recently i've been watching Dubs, I think the Dubs has good voices for it, but I like the Japanese better, but Funimation has got good voice actors for Case Closed, and Meitantei Conan has Amazing voice actors, But too bad that Korogo's voice has recently changed cause the original VA for Korogo, has quit.

Ru

Years
Yeah. For Case Closed, for the voices I have heard, they're good. Not too match for the Japanese ones. I think one of the reasons why the voices match the characters so well in Japanese is because Gosho Aoyama handpicked them. I wonder if he handpicked Kogoro's new one or not. Still a shame that the od one quit.

ソラ

Years
Yeah. For Case Closed, for the voices I have heard, they're good. Not too match for the Japanese ones. I think one of the reasons why the voices match the characters so well in Japanese is because Gosho Aoyama handpicked them. I wonder if he handpicked Kogoro's new one or not. Still a shame that the od one quit.
Yeah I know what you mean. Gosho's Ex Wife did Conan, and her own self character which I find very funny. Well the "New" Korogo is alright. He is working on the voice how the old Korogo did, cause on the episode 557 his voice is more like the other then the newer one.

Ru

Years
The good thing about Kogoro's new voice is that it definitely works for when he's more serious. He still needs to work on the joking side of Kogoro, but I think in the end he'll do a good job.

I have always found it amusing how Conan's Japanese VA is a singer, yet Conan himself can't sing, despite him having Perfect Pitch.

ソラ

Years
The good thing about Kogoro's new voice is that it definitely works for when he's more serious. He still needs to work on the joking side of Kogoro, but I think in the end he'll do a good job.

I have always found it amusing how Conan's Japanese VA is a singer, yet Conan himself can't sing, despite him having Perfect Pitch.
Yeah, I think that is a challenge for her, since she is a singer, I dont know if she knows HOW to sing badly and a tone deaf way. But still its funny. LOL.

Ru

Years
She actually pulls off not being able to sing very well, actually (if that even makes sense). There are several song in which Conan sings (one of them being him singing the whole thing. alone), Conan doesn't sound great. At all. It's still cute though.

ソラ

Years
She actually pulls off not being able to sing very well, actually (if that even makes sense). There are several song in which Conan sings (one of them being him singing the whole thing. alone), Conan doesn't sound great. At all. It's still cute though.
I bet it's cute.
Conan sounds cute trying to sing, Dub or sub.

Back